Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my bmi is 36

im around 250 pound im 5 ft 9 inches

have some health issue borderline high blood pressure colesterol

and back and knee issuis

schulded for noveber surgery

look for opinion on the surgery if they think it will help

im not doing the gand its one of the other 2

thanks all welcome to chime in just making sure ?

Trust yourself. No one has walked in your shoes but you. You are the one that will have to follow through on your decisions.

Everyone has an opinion and most are crap.

I can tell you my opinion: This was the best decision I ever made. Well, perhaps second next to my spouse.

I know WLS helped my back and knee issues, enough to allow me to run for a couple years and accomplish things that I never thought I could. My blood pressure was an issue but no longer. Were these things worth having a life changing surgery? For me no doubt about it. But I also had about 1/4 ton of excess weight.

Do I think you should have surgery? My opinion is next to worthless as I don't have to live with my opinion for you.

Here you will generally find cheerleaders for WLS. The people that would tell you not to have WLS aren't really around here anymore.

Good luck,

Tek

As Greater Fool said, only you can make that decision. However, I can also say that it was the best decision I ever made as well and would do it again in a heartbeat.

My beginning stats were very similar to yours. I am 5'8, weighed 250 pounds, had high BP, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and knee issues. After surgery, I no longer need medication for BP or cholesterol, my sleep apnea disappeared, and my knees are much less painful (though not perfect--too many years of supporting my fat body).

You are right to be asking these questions. Do your research, talk to experts and others who have had surgery, and make your own decision.

I agree with the previous comments. I think there comes a time when each of us who have had surgery realize that we need a reliable tool or we will continue on a dangerous path. I played with the idea for far too long but now at 60 something, I have zero regrets on any of my WLS surgeries. I would do it over and over to stay off medications, be healthy and less self-conscious. Good luck, we're here for you!

I was 5’8” 235 and no real medical issue. Knee pain was just starting with exercise. I could see how it was going to snowball though and wanted to nip it in the bud. I didn’t lose as much as I hoped (dr warned me though that people with bipolar do not always lose as much) but even still I am so glad I did the surgery. It’s Amazon how much difference over 50 pounds makes. The knee pain is gone and the most important thing is that I am no longer gaining which I was steadily doing every year.

Edited by ShoppGirl