Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

So today makes it my 6 day post op. And I’m just struggling taking the Multivitamin. It’s such a struggle for me. I’m having a hard time taking it. Also I’m just all over the place with how much I’m not eating. I’m doing my best to sip sip sip but I’m full full full. I have no appetite for nothing. No craving for anything. I have to force myself to have a Protein Shakes. I don’t want to be dehydrated. That’s such a fear to go back to the hospital. So I’m pushing myself but truly feel like I’m doing this all wrong. I’m failing at putting it all together. Any advice or anyone feeling the same????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1st couple of weeks can be really hard. Your body just went through a great big shock! It will be easier I promise!
Between prescriptions & supplements I take an lot of pills. I use the PatchMD Vitamins. They might cost a little but for me not having to swallow one more big pill pie worth or & my labs have always been great.
I take a multil, B12 & a D. I think it’s the bypass set.
Things will get better I promise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re: no appetite - that's very common for the first few months after surgery. Hunger and appetite almost always come back sometime during the first year - mine came roaring back at five months out. To be honest, I wish it never had. Although it's very weird and a bit unsettling at first, it'll never be easier in your life to lose weight than it will be right now (and for the next few months), when you're never hungry and don't give a flip about food. Take full advantage of that!!

in the mean time, you do need to keep hydrated and get your Protein and other nutrients in - so if nothing else, eat and drink what you need to for those reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jumers520 said:

So today makes it my 6 day post op. And I’m just struggling taking the Multivitamin. It’s such a struggle for me. I’m having a hard time taking it. Also I’m just all over the place with how much I’m not eating. I’m doing my best to sip sip sip but I’m full full full. I have no appetite for nothing. No craving for anything. I have to force myself to have a Protein Shakes. I don’t want to be dehydrated. That’s such a fear to go back to the hospital. So I’m pushing myself but truly feel like I’m doing this all wrong. I’m failing at putting it all together. Any advice or anyone feeling the same????

Hey, I am 8 days post op today and I definitely recommend the Multivitamin patch as well. My Doc doesn't have me starting the bariatric B Vitamin complex till I see him at my 10 day post opp on Monday. The first 7 days post opp I had my 1 oz medicine cups and I was advised to shoot for 4 cups in an hour-so I would give myself 15 mins to finish 1oz. I kept a timer on my phone and it helps alot. I am now on thin liquids and still using the same method. Protein is key so I drank Premier clear Protein during my clears week which helped. I have not felt hunger but I noted feeling weak/fatigued, which clues me in that I am not getting enough calories in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try the chewable ones ? don't stress over what you can and cant eat/drink just do the best you can. Try putting a dash of juice in your Water it will help it go down easier and ditto on what catwoman7 said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do start to show signs of dehydration contact your team and they should be able to arrange for you to get fluids as an out patient. I was so worried about having to go back into the hospital too but I didn’t have to. My team just made an appointment for me I went in for two bags of fluids and off I went feeling much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the first week post-op, your stomach is swollen, sore and trying to heal, so it's normal to struggle to put much of anything into it. I could only manage fluids, and I was taking the chewable vitamins (and still do 9 months out).

If you're struggling to drink Water, definitely contact your team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 07:42, toodlerue said:



The 1st couple of weeks can be really hard. Your body just went through a great big shock! It will be easier I promise!

Between prescriptions & supplements I take an lot of pills. I use the PatchMD Vitamins. They might cost a little but for me not having to swallow one more big pill pie worth or & my labs have always been great.

I take a multil, B12 & a D. I think it’s the bypass set.

Things will get better I promise!


I need to look into these Patches. Still struggle. I spent like 30 mins staring the damn Vitamins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 07:42, toodlerue said:



The 1st couple of weeks can be really hard. Your body just went through a great big shock! It will be easier I promise!

Between prescriptions & supplements I take an lot of pills. I use the PatchMD Vitamins. They might cost a little but for me not having to swallow one more big pill pie worth or & my labs have always been great.

I take a multil, B12 & a D. I think it’s the bypass set.

Things will get better I promise!


Thank u. I’ll look into the Patches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 07:44, catwoman7 said:



re: no appetite - that's very common for the first few months after surgery. Hunger and appetite almost always come back sometime during the first year - mine came roaring back at five months out. To be honest, I wish it never had. Although it's very weird and a bit unsettling at first, it'll never be easier in your life to lose weight than it will be right now (and for the next few months), when you're never hungry and don't give a flip about food. Take full advantage of that!!




in the mean time, you do need to keep hydrated and get your Protein and other nutrients in - so if nothing else, eat and drink what you need to for those reasons.


Thank you. Still no appetite and I’m now having pain when I drink something. This stinks right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 12:50, Therese22 said:






Hey, I am 8 days post op today and I definitely recommend the Multivitamin patch as well. My Doc doesn't have me starting the bariatric B Vitamin complex till I see him at my 10 day post opp on Monday. The first 7 days post opp I had my 1 oz medicine cups and I was advised to shoot for 4 cups in an hour-so I would give myself 15 mins to finish 1oz. I kept a timer on my phone and it helps alot. I am now on thin liquids and still using the same method. Protein is key so I drank Premier clear Protein during my clears week which helped. I have not felt hunger but I noted feeling weak/fatigued, which clues me in that I am not getting enough calories in.


Yes exactly feeling weak. I get so exhausted quickly. I can walk around to the store and I’m tired and I’m sweating as if I walked so much. I believe that I’m definitely not getting enough calories. It’s just so hard for me to still get on a pattern still. Struggling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 16:45, SleeverSk said:



Try the chewable ones ? don't stress over what you can and cant eat/drink just do the best you can. Try putting a dash of juice in your Water it will help it go down easier and ditto on what catwoman7 said.


Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 06/18/2022 at 07:11, jumers520 said:

So today makes it my 6 day post op. And I’m just struggling taking the Multivitamin. It’s such a struggle for me. I’m having a hard time taking it. Also I’m just all over the place with how much I’m not eating. I’m doing my best to sip sip sip but I’m full full full. I have no appetite for nothing. No craving for anything. I have to force myself to have a Protein Shakes. I don’t want to be dehydrated. That’s such a fear to go back to the hospital. So I’m pushing myself but truly feel like I’m doing this all wrong. I’m failing at putting it all together. Any advice or anyone feeling the same????

I’m still struggling on making my Water and Protein goals. I enter reminders in my phone I still don’t make some meals and water intake.

I’m also experiencing when I swallow water or food that it hurts going into the stomach. Like it feels like a cramp and then it stops also at times I’ll even burp.

Is that dumping?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery is scheduled July 14th and I'm getting nervous.

My bariatric surgeon instructed me to avoid Patches and gummies. I'm going to try the patches anyway better that then nothing at all. I'm going with the patches because most supplements have soy, eggs, yeast, wheat, gluten and plant based properties in them. I'm intolerant (significant bloat throughout body, skin irritations, canker sores, irritability, dumping--mainly due to having my gallbladder removed) of all the above. I'd be curious to hear from others who find the patches effective and the results of bloodwork to back up your claim.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • amazingmimi

      I feel like I've finally gotten past the biggest hurdle. Surgery date is September 6th, the day after Labor Day, and yesterday I got my insurance approval letter. I've followed everything they've told me to do, and I've even lost 30 lbs on my own since hubby had to change his diet for diabetes. No worries now about having to do 4 weeks of the liver shrinking diet instead of 2. On my initial visit, if I had gained just 5lbs I would have had to do 4 weeks. It's getting closer. Just 2 more months to wait.
      · 1 reply
      1. NmMd

        Although the prep work took energy, I found the biggest hurdle was post-operative. The first 48 hrs were extremely uncomfortable. I did an overnight and trying to down the liquids, Tylenol, and especially the barium was rough. Thankfully though, I got away with only having to have 1 belly injection after surgery. Needless are not my thing.

    • Grace1234

      I am brand new to this my surgery is tentative for July 27 depending on insurance and I'll be have the Gastric Sleeve.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Pepper1

      I am looking for people to connect with that are 4-5 years out. Many of the support sights I go to are all newbies. And while I enjoyed that when i first had my surgery and found it useful, I am looking to exchange ideas with folks that are out a few years. I am slowly gaining weight back and losing my excitement. I don't want that!
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

        Maybe post in the forums. It's a more active areaI have noticed no one replies to status updates

    • SuziDavis

      I have a surgery date! I am getting sleeved on 8/17/2022!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mudh8r

      How do you stay focused? I'm struggling a bit the past three days.  All I want is sweets and carbs.  I have no clue what changed but for some reason I'm craving hard.  I'm literally dreaming about food and when I wake up, I'm thinking about my next meal.  I'm not "hungry" but so munchy.  I'm trying to stay focused, busy, exercise and the likes but this looking struggle is getting to be so hard.  I meet with my nutritionist tomorrow and I'm so hopeful she has some advice.  My protein intake is great, liquids on point, even throwing in some raw veggies and berries to curb the sweet/carb craving.  Thoughts?
      · 1 reply
      1. SleeverSk

        I am like this at the moment too, maybe post in the forums and not as your status update you will get more replies

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×