Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm months post-op I have a 10cc AP band first fill was 3.5 felt nothing 2nd fill total 5.5 felt a bit of restriction 3rd fill dec 12th 07 1cc total 6.5 For the past 3 days everything i've tried i've had pain after 2 to 3 bites and had to go visit the bowl !:rolleyes don't think i've had a total of 500 calories in the past 3 days if that, just wondering if this is the way restiction suppose feel? even Jello after a few spoonfuls was tough going down. Been working on a pork chop now for about a half hr with pain! I am to filled? will this go away in a few more days any advice or suggestion would be great. wondering how others feel with restriction looking for opinons thank u.

total wt loss 26lbs aprox. 100 more to go

You should be able to get down 1/4 go 1/2 cup of food. If you can eat mushies but no solids then you need to make the decision on whether or not you need an unfill. It does sound like you do. Good luck.

I had my first fill on Dec. 12th (today is Dec. 14th) and I was told to do liquids only for the first day after, then advance to mushies on day 2. Then if everything was fine I could try solids again on day 3. I would, at the very least, call and ask about how you are feeling. The staff at my center are always willing to answer questions.

Good luck!

I can get soft foods down like cottage cheese and yogart, if i can't get solids down i'll call the docs office on monday.

thank you

cin, my doctor told me there are 2 types of tightness. Tightness to liquids and tightness to solids If you are tight to liquids that is bad. If you are tight to solids and don't mind a softer diet and you are losing it is up to you. Are you losing on a softer diet?

You are too tight. Call the doctor. I was too tight this week and got something really stuck. Even throwing up wouldn't get it. I ended up in the hospital on morphine until I got unfilled. Call your doctor for an unfill asap!

This is day 4 since i've had restriction like this, liquids go down fine soft foods go down fine, I tried several other things certian things get stuck other things don't i am going to see how the weekend goes if i'm spending time at the bowl after i eat then I'll go see the doc. Thank you also lorsbander sorry to hear about your problems

I'm months post-op I have a 10cc AP band first fill was 3.5 felt nothing 2nd fill total 5.5 felt a bit of restriction 3rd fill dec 12th 07 1cc total 6.5 For the past 3 days everything i've tried i've had pain after 2 to 3 bites and had to go visit the bowl !:rolleyes don't think i've had a total of 500 calories in the past 3 days if that, just wondering if this is the way restiction suppose feel? even Jello after a few spoonfuls was tough going down. Been working on a pork chop now for about a half hr with pain! I am to filled? will this go away in a few more days any advice or suggestion would be great. wondering how others feel with restriction looking for opinons thank u.

total wt loss 26lbs aprox. 100 more to go

I am 5 mo. post op. I have the 14cc ap band. I had my 3rd fill three days ago and I'm at 7.1 cc now. I had no restriction before this fill. I got 2 cc's with this fill and wow what a difference. It even hurt if I took too big of sip of Water. After two days of liquids, I went on solids last night. It hurt right away and after about half an hour, I threw up once. Today I'm very careful when I eat to take tiny bites and chew, chew, chew and wait several minutes between bites. So far this has worked and I feel fine today. I am thrilled to finally have restriction, but now I know I have to follow all the banster rules carefully.

Sounds like it may be a bit too tight, but some people would welcome the restriction. And yes I agree with Happy Camper, now you would have to follow the band rules, like chewing very well with very small bites. Good Luck

I am 5 mo. post op. I have the 14cc ap band. I had my 3rd fill three days ago and I'm at 7.1 cc now. I had no restriction before this fill. I got 2 cc's with this fill and wow what a difference. It even hurt if I took too big of sip of Water. After two days of liquids, I went on solids last night. It hurt right away and after about half an hour, I threw up once. Today I'm very careful when I eat to take tiny bites and chew, chew, chew and wait several minutes between bites. So far this has worked and I feel fine today. I am thrilled to finally have restriction, but now I know I have to follow all the banster rules carefully.

I think this is where the chew chew chew comes in that we were taught prior to surgery what a learning experience so this is the way it's suppose to be, i'm able to get things down a bit more by taking my time and chewing chewing chewing i hope i have teeth left by the time i get thin lol.

ty for your input this talk sight is such a huge help thank u again i'm ready for my next meal:hungry: