Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

So now that we are all so close to our year anniversary, did you meet your goal that you originally had?

And what is your goal for the next year?

For me, I wanted to just lose 100 lbs. post surgery, I an 6 lbs. from that, so I am pretty happy.

I am hoping I hit my goal weight by February, and then its all about learning to maintain!

Hey everyone.
congratulations to everyone on ALL the big achievements.

ihave been plagued with injury after injury. Maybe I was pushing myself too much. I’ve had to have my oesophagus stretched. Again. Than my shoulder. Had surgery in Dec to fix it. then had torn my peroneals in my foot so more surgery. But post surgeries I am on track for my first goal. I have learnt that due to medication I’m never hungry and my body has stored food that I did eat. I was diagnosed with ARFID. I’m still not on solid foods.
but I am happy with where I am now. And now to plan my next goal to be challenged.

Congrats on your successes! I've totally been MIA as life and work have consumed me. I'm almost down 85 pounds. The weight loss has slowed down significantly. I find that I get tired more easily even though I have more energy. I was able to keep my hair, I didn't have a lot of loss. But I definitely have saghing skin all over me. My feet too have gone down in sizes. I started as a size 3x at Maurices and now I wear a large. Even though I still want to lose another 40 pounds, my body is exciting to look in refections and mirrors again. I'm dalling in love with me again 😊

1 year mark check ins?

Well, tomorrow is officially 1 year for me. I am down 102 pound since surgery and 124.8 since my Pre-op.

I have definitely slowed to a crawl on the weight loss at this point. The last couple months I have barely lost anything. But, I will take this weight over where I was.

1 year mark check ins?
Well, tomorrow is officially 1 year for me. I am down 102 pound since surgery and 124.8 since my Pre-op.
I have definitely slowed to a crawl on the weight loss at this point. The last couple months I have barely lost anything. But, I will take this weight over where I was.
Hey!!! Mine was Aug 12. I'm down 121 pounds since my surgery, pounds are getting hard to lose this last few months, but I keep trying...I started again to track what I eat, the exercise is getting easier to do, but I'm still not confident enough to go to the gym by myself.

But I am now not the same person as 1 year ago. This one is lighter, healthier, a little bit happier, and I even look younger (at least that's what ppl says).

I can imagine all of you guys have similar feelings IMG_20230813_193703_367.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Mary123r said:

Had mine on Monday not feeling so hot at all. Really struggling

You just had surgery?

1 hour ago, KikyL said:

Hey!!! Mine was Aug 12. I'm down 121 pounds since my surgery, pounds are getting hard to lose this last few months, but I keep trying...I started again to track what I eat, the exercise is getting easier to do, but I'm still not confident enough to go to the gym by myself.

But I am now not the same person as 1 year ago. This one is lighter, healthier, a little bit happier, and I even look younger (at least that's what ppl says).

I can imagine all of you guys have similar feelings IMG_20230813_193703_367.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

You look great! Congrats! I see why they say you will take so long to hit goal weight, after that first 8 months, it's been tough. But at least we are still losing!

The 22nd made my one year Surgerversary! Started at 296.6 I weighed myself today and happy to say I’ve lost over a hundred pounds. I had the duodenal switch literally I have no complaints at all very happy to be thriving my goal is 179 but I’m trying my best to continue losing. I hope everyone is doing well !

IMG_7135.png

Hi anonymous, I had my surgery on the 23rd too, I’m struggling too with hunger and trapped gas, it’s painful when it moves around. How are you doing ?

On 8/23/2023 at 6:02 PM, Sensaintionaly said:

The 22nd made my one year Surgerversary! Started at 296.6 I weighed myself today and happy to say I’ve lost over a hundred pounds. I had the duodenal switch literally I have no complaints at all very happy to be thriving my goal is 179 but I’m trying my best to continue losing. I hope everyone is doing well !

IMG_7135.png

That is fantastic!!! you are so close to your goal!

On 8/16/2023 at 1:48 PM, SuziDavis said:

1 year mark check ins?

Wow, everybody has lost so much. I've lost about 20 kgs. or 44 pounds after surgery, and 23 kilos (50.7 pounds) overall.

My goal for the next year is to lose another 10 kilos (22 pounds) and get to 81 kilos. My weight loss has slowed down to a crawl, but that's also because I fell down the stairs outside earlier in the summer, and hurt my leg, so I haven't been able to exercise that much.