Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

On 2/1/2023 at 2:09 PM, Char V said:

Everyone is progressing well.
my stall has broken this week. FINALY. I didn’t meet my first goal. Only just 2 kilos shy. But I’m just glad I’m feeling alive. And loosing weight.
I was given the green light to exercise again but limit the walking and weights. Soi mainly walk in the pool.

I saw the dr again today. still have issues and now they are talking surgery 4 and mesh walls. When dr fixed the hiatus he tightened it to good and it’s been most of the issue I have with vomiting and not tolerating solids/soft foods. I have a new found love for Carrot and Apple smoothie. Sounds weird. But it’s so yum.
I was told by the dr that our food hormones were cut away. And over the next 4 years they will grow back. But by then we should have stabilised a good eating pattern.

I haven't heard this before about the four years. As I understand it, a smaller stomach produces less of the "hunger hormone" ghrelin, which is what signals to the brain that the stomach is empty and we need to eat.

But I've never heard that they grow back. I thought as long as we didn't overeat and stretch our stomach, we'd be ok. I'm quite happy with not being hungry all the time, and I don't want to go back to the way I was.

Anyhow, I'm finally at BMI 29, which is something. We've lost almost the same amount of weight, 22 kilos. I sincerely hope I will lose two kilos in February and each coming month, and not just one like in January. I still have 16 kilos to go, and it will take more than a year still at the rate of one kilo per month.

How is everyone doing? I've been slipping back into some old bad habits, but trying to get back on track. I've been sitting at about an 85 lb loss for a few months and am pretty happy with where I am. I would like to kick it up a notch and start some weight training to feel stronger. Here's my progress so far. The first pic is 36 lbs down before surgery, 2nd photo is now at 85 lbs down.

271.jpg

IMG_20230225_084359417.jpg

5 hours ago, Violet_ said:

How is everyone doing? I've been slipping back into some old bad habits, but trying to get back on track. I've been sitting at about an 85 lb loss for a few months and am pretty happy with where I am. I would like to kick it up a notch and start some weight training to feel stronger. Here's my progress so far. The first pic is 36 lbs down before surgery, 2nd photo is now at 85 lbs down.

271.jpg

IMG_20230225_084359417.jpg

Congratulations! You look fabulous. I too seem to be falling into my old habits. Snacking snacking snacking. I am trying to snack on healthier foods, but I don't want to get back into the habit of always eating all the time. I've noticed I'm able to eat more food at a time, but I usually can stop at a reasonable amount during meals. My issue is between meals. I want to just pop things in my mouth every chance I get. I'm down 65 lbs and I'm so happy, but I am afraid I'll be back to my old weight in no time if I don't quit this snacking!

That's awesome ladies, congrats! I'm sitting at 85 lbs down right now. I stall out a lot but try not to beat myself up over it. My weight doesn't go up, so I consider it a win. I'm working out, and eating right and I feel like I have formed a healthy relationship with food & exercise. If you're looking for some at-home workouts I recommend Kayla Itsines' workouts. You can just search them on Pinterest for free and it all can be done at home. I have used this body guide on and off for years and I always have had success with it.

I broke my stall and broke 100 Lbs! I'm so excited to be at this point!

6 hours ago, SuziDavis said:

Thats so awesome! congrats!!!

Everyone has lost so much. I've only lost around 44 pounds, and I'm still hovering between being overweight and obese, at BMI 29 to 30.

The first three months of this year have been one big stall for me. Last year, I lost a little or a lot in alternating months. So the first month I lost a lot, the second month a little etc., except once I had an almost two month stall.

Now I have stalled for three months. What if I don't lose any more? I'm still chubby. I honestly don't see that much change. I still don't look good. I'm so disappointed.

14 hours ago, AliceFD said:

So happy for you! It must have been so hard for you.

Thank you! It's definitely been a journey.

I can't wait to see were all of us are in August!

On 4/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, SuziDavis said:

On 4/11/2023 at 12:05 PM, SuziDavis said:

Thank you! It's definitely been a journey.

I can't wait to see were all of us are in August!

Congrats!!!!! We are 4 months away to our gastricversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do any one of you ever thought that we were going to be here, some years ago? Personally this surgery was just a dream that it was out of my reach for soo long, in my country any weight loss surgery is consider cosmetic, so is not covered by the insurance; you have to have money to be able to do it, and you have to paid in dollars. I was "lucky" that last year I was debt free and my company bonuses were destined for the surgery, my boss was so amazing about it that the company lend me the money before the bonuses were given; and my amazing surgeon told me that all the doctors fee were waived (one of the perks of being in the healthcare field), just had to pay for the hospital cost.

I wish someday, my country´s healthcare system considers weight loss surgery a regular procedure that can help any patient get healthy, use less meds, hospital and resources that can be used for prevention programs, reserves, etc. And that any weight loss surgery be available for anyone, no matter their income.

23 hours ago, KikyL said:

Congrats!!!!! We are 4 months away to our gastricversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do any one of you ever thought that we were going to be here, some years ago? Personally this surgery was just a dream that it was out of my reach for soo long, in my country any weight loss surgery is consider cosmetic, so is not covered by the insurance; you have to have money to be able to do it, and you have to paid in dollars. I was "lucky" that last year I was debt free and my company bonuses were destined for the surgery, my boss was so amazing about it that the company lend me the money before the bonuses were given; and my amazing surgeon told me that all the doctors fee were waived (one of the perks of being in the healthcare field), just had to pay for the hospital cost.

I wish someday, my country´s healthcare system considers weight loss surgery a regular procedure that can help any patient get healthy, use less meds, hospital and resources that can be used for prevention programs, reserves, etc. And that any weight loss surgery be available for anyone, no matter their income.

I never thought I would be here. But man, I am so happy i took the plunge! It was worth all pain, aggravation, and definitely the money. I can't wait for august when we all post our year update.

Hi guys! Yesterday was the beginning of month 8 for me. I’ve been doing a lot of reflection. I am hoping to reach 100 lbs by year 1. Which will be on 8/22/23. I’m about 20 lbs away…give or take. I have to keep reminding myself of a few things along the way: 1. My surgery is a revision because my lapband slipped and eroded. I was warned weight loss would be slower than the first time…and it is. (No comparison shopping for me! Lol) 2. I’m older than I was when I first had surgery. That also makes a really big difference. 3. I have to make sure I am keeping myself aware of the difference between stalling out because my body is adjusting and stalling out because I am making the wrong choices in terms of eating and movement…that last has been happening more than not. 4. Beating myself up has never helped me. It doesn’t motivate me, it doesn’t make me make better choices, it doesn’t guarantee that I’ll do what needs doing. It just makes me feel bad. 5. Giving myself grace doesn’t mean allowing myself to eat anything and not move my body. It means I will acknowledge when I’ve gone off path, where I need to improve, and taking those next steps to do that WITHOUT first making myself feel like s**t.

My stats so far:
Total loss from pre-surgery to now 81.
Loss needed to meet my year 1 goal, 19.
Loss needed to reach my ultimate goal, 36.

I’ve lost a total of 50 inches all around! which is great.

Thats all for me. And its a lot. Lol. Thanks for reading if you got through it all. I hope you all have/have had a great month eight! (Hey that rhymes!)

Today is 8 months since surgery. I am hovering at my goal weight which I hit 3 days ago. I have gone from size 16-18 to 4-6. I am beyond psyched. I celebrated by buying my first pair of running shoes, so that's the next thing. I already have a date for a Tummy Tuck in August. Hope everyone is doing well!

Sooooo I got into a size 18R (they have some forgiving elastic in them)jeans, and I look hot!!!!! I can't believe 8 months ago I was wearing size 28 and 30W!!!! Will post pics of the whole outfit tomorrow!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/28/2023 at 11:44 PM, KikyL said:

Sooooo I got into a size 18R (they have some forgiving elastic in them)jeans, and I look hot!!!!! I can't believe 8 months ago I was wearing size 28 and 30W!!!! Will post pics of the whole outfit tomorrow!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

That's Awesome! Congrats!!!