Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2022 Surgeries

My surgery was 5/26

Just now, mrsware said:

My surgery was 5/26

How was your surgery? Did you experience any complications?

I slept the entire day of surgery I had a little pain and still do where the stomach was pulled out but nothing unbearable

On 5/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, Renea Toahty said:

Hello everyone! My surgery was on May 16, 2022 everything went great, I had no gas pain, and I was sore at my incision sites. I was released from the hospital the next day. I have had no problems getting my fluids down or Protein however, since starting the puree stage I am finding it difficult to eat anything other than Soup and Jello. any suggestions? Oh BTW I can't eat tuna it just doesn't sit with me.

Hello, I am glad your surgery went well. Which surgery did you have?

Yes, I had Bypass surgery.

I am on day 17, thankfully I have had "0" complications. No problems taking Vitamins or with my puree diet. I hope and pray everyone is progressing well on this journey.

On 05/27/2022 at 17:26, bandingtosleeving said:

I had my surgery on tuesday May 24th. I was scheduled for a sleeve but as my reflux was bad and I had gained weight from having a lap band (I lost a lot at first) The doctor recommended the Gastric Bypass.

I'm still coming in terms with such a huge gastric surgery but I hope I'll be happy with it.

Recovering has been horrible. Yesterday I had massive labor pains all day and today I had ups and downs. I couldn't drink anything. So Water only for me for the next two days I think.

You’re my surgery twin!!!! I also had RNY on the 24th. Just checking in to see how the May surgeries were doing? Hoping everyone is recovering well and moving on to different stages well

May 16th surgery. 3 weeks post op. Yesterday where the biggest incision is the adhesive they put over the area is coming off and it’s bleeding a bit. I called the doctor and they say it’s normal. But it’s creepy to me. I covered it with gauze sponge like advised and put my binder back on. I haven’t checked it today yet.

On 6/4/2022 at 5:33 PM, FarfelDiego said:

May 16th surgery. 3 weeks post op. Yesterday where the biggest incision is the adhesive they put over the area is coming off and it’s bleeding a bit. I called the doctor and they say it’s normal. But it’s creepy to me. I covered it with gauze sponge like advised and put my binder back on. I haven’t checked it today yet.

I hope it gets better soon, my incisions are doing well. The only thing that bothers me is the "itch" from the healing, it won't go away. Hang in there!

I had my surgery May 18th. I have had zero complications, and only a little pain on the first day after surgery which was managed at the hospital. I was tired the first week after surgery, but I have been feeling more and more energetic with each passing day. I'm also dropping around one pound per day. I am off work right now and go back to work on June 13th and I feel pretty confident that I can handle it.

How's everyone else doing?

I had sleeve surgery on May 23. I have had little complications. Still in the liquid phase of the diet. I honestly can’t believe how much weight I have lost already. I try and walk every 2-3 hours. That has helped my pain.

Had my rny on 5/16, no complications or issues. The first two weeks of recovery went great, and I went down 20 lbs pretty quickly. Unfortunately I ended up in the hospital after 2 days of vomiting and nausea with diabetic Keto acidosis and dehydration. I was in the hospital for 2 days and it threw me off my recovery a little. Since then I’ve been trying to get back into walking every day again as I haven’t lost anything after the initial 20 lbs.

I just had my first post-op appointment on Wednesday and spoke to the nurse practitioner about some lower abdominal pain that has remained since getting sick, and she suggested that I switch the brand of Water I’m drinking to something less acidic. I feel lucky that I’m not having any bigger issues. I seem to be tolerating each new food without a problem and have no issues getting my Protein and water in everyday, I’m just frustrated that the scale hasn’t moved in 2 weeks. ☹️

My surgery was June 2021, but I’m LOVING reading your journeys! I remember ALL these things! I called myself a ‘slow loser’, and still say that even after 130 or so pounds is GONE. NOT since surgery date, about 18 months. ( beginning of journey)