Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So saw the surgeon today and i will be on a 2 week liquid diet which realllllllllyyyyyyy sucks. They will call me in the next day or two to schedule the surgery. Also paid the money today which was a sad sad thing lol I had to call the bank to let the transaction go thru since it was sooo high. They also provided the liquid diet shakes there at the office... Oh this is gonna be torture lol. I already told everyone in the house that once this two weeks diet starts no one is allowed to order any type of outside food. lol

IMG_6439.JPG

3 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

So saw the surgeon today and i will be on a 2 week liquid diet which realllllllllyyyyyyy sucks. They will call me in the next day or two to schedule the surgery. Also paid the money today which was a sad sad thing lol I had to call the bank to let the transaction go thru since it was sooo high. They also provided the liquid diet shakes there at the office... Oh this is gonna be torture lol. I already told everyone in the house that once this two weeks diet starts no one is allowed to order any type of outside food. lol

IMG_6439.JPG

I can't "Like" your profile with both the laugh and the sad emoji. I wish I could! Wow they even make you drink prescribed shakes, lol. Do you at least get one protein/veggie meal per day, and two shakes?

2 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

I can't "Like" your profile with both the laugh and the sad emoji. I wish I could! Wow they even make you drink prescribed shakes, lol. Do you at least get one protein/veggie meal per day, and two shakes?

LMAO No literally just the shakes tho i told him i am gonna add a lean Protein meal every couple days and he didnt have a issue with it. I have a bunch of Alaskan sockeye salmon. cant get healthier than that lol

2 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

LMAO No literally just the shakes tho i told him i am gonna add a lean Protein meal every couple days and he didnt have a issue with it. I have a bunch of Alaskan sockeye salmon. cant get healthier than that lol

Lolol @ telling your surgeon that you're going to add solid Protein. I love it. 🤣

15 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

Lolol @ telling your surgeon that you're going to add solid Protein. I love it. 🤣

LMAO **** he technically works for me right? I am paying him for a service lmao. HAHAHA :)

Just now, liveaboard15 said:

LMAO **** he technically works for me right? I am paying him for a service lmao. HAHAHA :)

Hahahaha very good point! 🤣

Remember, the liver knows if you're in a calorie deficit because of shakes or because of a calorie deficit in general.

... just kidding. At least you're not with one of the completely insane American programs with months of Optifast because It wIlL maKe yOU lOsE mOAr WeIghT (ok, show me the science, oh you can't, great).

Just stick it out. Remember a chicken breast with veggies are a better alternative if you feel like giving up on this insanity.

With my lap band surgery, I had the 2 week pre op diet, which consisted of two shakes per day and one meal of 3 - 4 oz lean Protein and 2 cups of non-starchy veggies and I had to lose 7 pounds. I was afraid of not losing that amount of weight in two weeks, so I started 3 weeks before surgery. Yeah... HUGE regret doing that. Don't do that. 😂

1 minute ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

With my lap band surgery, I had the 2 week pre op diet, which consisted of two shakes per day and one meal of 3 - 4 oz lean Protein and 2 cups of non-starchy veggies and I had to lose 7 pounds. I was afraid of not losing that amount of weight in two weeks, so I started 3 weeks before surgery. Yeah... HUGE regret doing that. Don't do that. 😂

Yeah, my program was like 'hey, we need room to operate, please try to lose 5-7 lbs the next month, here's a suggestion but hey, nobody gets to bariatric surgery without having tried a million times, so just try and call us if you need ideas. Don't worry about it, think of it as giving yourself the best starting point.'

Lost 20ish lbs until a week before, then not another lb the last week, surgeons were happy afterwards and said you did your job, we did ours, now it's your turn again, best of luck dude. :)

2 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Yeah, my program was like 'hey, we need room to operate, please try to lose 5-7 lbs the next month, here's a suggestion but hey, nobody gets to bariatric surgery without having tried a million times, so just try and call us if you need ideas. Don't worry about it, think of it as giving yourself the best starting point.'

Lost 20ish lbs until a week before, then not another lb the last week, surgeons were happy afterwards and said you did your job, we did ours, now it's your turn again, best of luck dude. :)

Wow so liberal! And we lost the same amount of weight and you did it without starving. No fair!. 😂

2 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

Wow so liberal! And we lost the same amount of weight and you did it without starving. No fair!. 😂

It's funny how treating people like adults make them behave like adults.

E.g.:

WARNING: DO NOT EAT ... on swimming pools in America.

Edit: OP, best of luck. Remember the point is to lose weight to shrink your liver. It's all you need to do.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

It's funny how treating people like adults make them behave like adults.

E.g.:

WARNING: DO NOT EAT ... on swimming pools in America.

😂

Well we are an obese nation. 🤪

Well, there are plenty of those SAME things out there. Mine told me Premier. 5 a day, and surprise....it was pretty do-able, (if that's a word, lol) I can't say I LIKED it, but I wasn't starving! I also went to Sam's and Walmart, and IMHO if it has the same (Or more) Protein, the same or less calories/sugar, why does it matter which one you drink? Just make sure it fills the requirements your doctor says. Equate sold at Walmart is another.

dfsfd.JPG

Capturefff.JPG

2 hours ago, oldandtired said:

Well, there are plenty of those SAME things out there. Mine told me Premier. 5 a day, and surprise....it was pretty do-able, (if that's a word, lol) I can't say I LIKED it, but I wasn't starving! I also went to Sam's and Walmart, and IMHO if it has the same (Or more) Protein, the same or less calories/sugar, why does it matter which one you drink? Just make sure it fills the requirements your doctor says. Equate sold at Walmart is another.

dfsfd.JPG

Capturefff.JPG

Yea the shakes are what the bariatric office provides but i was free to buy any other shakes i want. I do have a case of fairlife and i am going to get Premier Protein here in the next couple days as i do like those. Nutritionist said to use premier Protein or any other Protein Shake i like as "Creamer" in coffee lol

3 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

Nutritionist said to use premier Protein or any other Protein Shake i like as "Creamer" in coffee lol

At least your program doesn't forbid coffee/caffeine. My program says no caffeine, but that's getting ridiculous imo. There's no way I'm cutting out coffee, unless it doesn't sit well after surgery.