Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i posted on here that last week i did my EKG and it came back abnormal and they schedualed me for a nuclear stress test. So they billed my insurance and the diagnosis code is OLD MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION. Googled that and thats basically a heart attack... I possibly had a heart attack in the past and not know about it... Never came up during my visit yesterday with the cardiologist. Thats freaky if thats true.

infarction.png

It happens more than you know. My mom had a heart attack and didn’t realize it till a week later when they asked her about any pains and she said yes she had them but they weren’t terribly bad and they went away so she didn’t think too much of it. I agree it would be freaky though. Especially if it was so long ago that you don’t even remember when it could have been.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Wow, this is really a wake up call to many of us, liveaboard15!

I am an RN and a nursing instructor. Women really do experience heart attacks differently than men.

Please check out this 3 minute video called "Just a little heart attack." A true story.

Glad you are OK!

Tink22

Edited by Tink22-sleeve

I think the stress test will show if you had one or not. After my test, the dr said that I have not had a heart attack in the past.

The test should show it. When I had my heart issue, people were downgrading my concerns - even with my family history of heart issues - and telling me it was anxiety. When I finally went to the cardiologist, he was aghast no one confirmed I didn't have a heart attack months prior. Thankfully, the tests showed I did not, though I did/do have other significant heart issues. Anyway, I would not panic. The diagnosis code is probably partly so they can justify the test with insurance - the EKG probably indicates evidence of a possible heart attack, and thus is to check for whether that is true or not. My mom had an EKG suggest she had a heart attack, and the follow ups showed she did not - she "just" has heart damage from uncontrolled high blood pressure.

Good luck. Worst case scenario, even if you had an old heart attack, it's better to know now and they can work around it to make sure you are healthy in the future.

My former mother in law was having these silent heart attacks without knowing it. So be thankful for the extensive pre op testing that you're receiving. I hope it turns out to be a false alarm and you can proceed with your sleeve surgery on schedule.

Hi I was the same as Queen APIs mum had heart damage due to high blood pressure I'm from the UK so had mine on the NHS they were concerned until I had all the test hope everthing goes well for you