Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week of Decemb er17th

Frisky,

That's awesome about your surgery time! I don't know if I would want mine any earlier. It's at 12:30, but I have to be there at 9:30 a.m. and live 3 hours away. So we'll probably leave about 5:30 a.m. so DH can get something to eat on the way.

Well aren't we all a basket of nerves? LOL

Actually the only thing I'm nervous about is not messing up on my Clear liquids. So far it hasn't been too bad. strawberry SF Jello for Breakfast. chicken broth for snack... Oh my what shall I have for lunch... beef broth?

I too have so many things I want to get done before I leave. I think I have everything packed except my makeup. Probably packed too much stuff. But oh well. I'm also making sure I have a pillow and blanket & liquids for the ride home. I'm on pureed the day after, so slim fast and pudding should be okay. I'll also have some bottled Water. Oh that reminds me, I'll need to put some plastic spoons in the cooler.

We brought a comfy cushy recliner to the living room yesterday. It's been in a spare bedroom for a few years now because it doesn't match the rest of the furniture. But it's in good shape and I will love having my feet propped up in it. It's sitting right next to the fireplace. Hey, I might think about buying a slip cover for it and leaving it here permanently. The color really isn't bad, it's the style. Not sure what a slip cover will do for that.

I'm rambling...

Two hours until I leave for the hospital. Kind of funny, this morning, I am not so scared, prepared I think would be the word. It takes a lot of work to get to this point for everybody having lapband surgery and to get this far, is an accomplishment in itself.

See you all after surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so right Freebird! This is an accomplishment. Just making the decision is huge!

I'm never home during the day, so as I'm puttering around and sipping my clears, and checking in here... I've got the TV on for noise I guess. My goodness how many programs are about cooking and commercials are about food! And I live in the sticks, don't have cable, so it's just basic local channels. We did have Dish Network, but it seemed like everytime the weather was... well, being weather, it went off. We really aren't home much to watch it anyway.

I'm already sick of broth. I wasn't a fan of it before and I can tell by the tim ethis is over the word will be LOATHE it. Ellisa where are you located?

Freebird, hope all goes well. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can. That goes for everyone.

This day is going by very fast. I'm really getting freaked about not being able to eat certain things. Oh let's face it, not being able to eat anything.....

food has been my comfort for many years......

I go on Friday. Surgery is scheduled for 10am. Not nervous or anxious. Enjoying every bite I can take until Thursday AM.

My work is having a pitch in. I really want to scream. I so want to eat the goodies everyone brought. I get to have veggies and broth.....oooooh and sf pudding

I hear you Cerrin. I work for a bread BAKERY and we are having HOLIDAY LUNCHES & Parties all day on Thursday which happens to be the day beofre my surgery. Thursday will be a LOOOOOOOOOONG day.

I dont think I could handle smelling the baked bread smell all day and not eat any. Yummmm

Christmas parties suck! I want to eat too.

Honestly I am not even that hungry. I just miss food

My surgery was yesterday. I got home about 1:00 p.m. today. (Due to my distance from the hospital, I had to stay over.) The surgery was quick, although Dr. found I had a very large hernia in my diaphragm. He repaired that. Basically most of my stomach has lived in my chest cavity all my life. That explained a lot!

The worst of it was that for about an hour my right shoulder in the joint area hurt so bad I thought they must have ripped it out of socket moving me onto the bed. But that's the referred pain due to the gas that's pumped in. But it became considerably better after an hour. I only used Tylenol with out any "good stuff" added after that. I did take something stronger for the trip home, just in case. But we stopped at a Walmart about halfway home so I could walk and we picked up a few groceries. I enjoyed the walk.

Now I'm going to be lazy and copy and paste this on all the appropriate threads.

I hope your gas pain goes away soon. I was banded on Monday and still have it. I also had a very large hernia repaired so I wonder if that makes it worse? Good luck to everyone and I look forward to exercise challenges in January.

I hope your gas pain goes away soon. I was banded on Monday and still have it. I also had a very large hernia repaired so I wonder if that makes it worse? Good luck to everyone and I look forward to exercise challenges in January.

The gas pain was only for about an hour. I have some soreness in the area where the hernia was repaired, but that's not very bad. Nothing Tylenol can't keep at bay.

I'm allowed to eat pureed foods, but I'm really not hungry. Ate some mashed potatoes & gravy yesterday, it tasted good, but I only ate it because I thought I should not because I really wanted it. Drinking 1/2 a low carb slim fast now. I guess knowing I can have other stuff makes it less desirable. LOL. I haven't really been hungry since I started the pre op Clear liquids. I think when the ketones kick in the hunger wanes. After my surgery I could actually smell my Keto breath. Yuck!

Well, it is 5:30 am and I could not sleep anymore. My surgery was pushed back an hour to 11. Not a big deal.

I have been saying all along that I was not nervous. Well last nightsleep.gif, the nerves kicked in. I have been second guessing the decision all night. I have been nervous about the pain. Feeling like I am breaking up with my best friend -- food. I would assume this is kinda normal.omg.gif

Well now I am refocused and ready to make the changes to live a healthy life. I just keep rminding my self that at my current weight I have sleep apnea, close to being on blood pressure pills, borderline diabetic, always tired. These are the reasons I need to chage my lifestyle. I want to see my 5 beautiful daughters grow up!

I am still nervous, but very determined. A couple weeks of pain is worth a second start.

I do have a horrible headache from not eatinghungry.gif, so I am sure this is palying into my mind games that have been going on.

Wish me luck!

I wil send a message on Saturday when i get home.clap2.gif

I was banded on monday and today is friday. I was really nervous and so frightened of the upper gi afterwords . It was not anything I should of feared. I'm on soft and pureed foods. I have not felt hungery. I felt as though I was in the ring with Mike Tyson for a full 15 rounds though. I take metformin for diabetes and must crush them. I think they are the most vile tasting things ever. Any advise.</p>