Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm kinda trippin a little about all the things I have to do in one month to prepare for this surgery...The round of doctor visits for clearance,tests and more tests,wading through the hundreds of supplements available,questions swirling around in my head 😮 I'm just going to take it a day at a time,forge ahead...I didn't come this far just to come this far! 💖

One month will seem like a crazy long time as it quickly zooms by. Time is funny that way.

Make a list. You will likely be surprised how underwhelming your list is. It seems like a lot in our minds but manageable when written down.

Tests and appointments: Each of these are 1) Schedule it; and 2) Do it. Once you schedule it take it off your list and put it on your calendar. The calendar is in control now. Nothing to do but wait.

The list get's shorter quickly.

Supplements: Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. Good will work. Heck, not so good will work. Just eeny, meeny, miny, moe a choice. It's not like you are committed to your choice for life. You can do ridiculous amounts of research when you have time post-op because of all the not eating you will be doing. Cross this off your pre-op list and move on.

Write down your questions so you don't forget them. Research when you can't do anything else. Presumably questions related to "Should I do this?" have been answered, so the questions you have left aren't do or die. You will have plenty of down time that you can fill with research.

Lists are good if you tend to get overwhelmed.

Good luck,

Tek

13 hours ago, Chandalier said:

I'm kinda trippin a little about all the things I have to do in one month to prepare for this surgery...The round of doctor visits for clearance,tests and more tests,wading through the hundreds of supplements available,questions swirling around in my head 😮 I'm just going to take it a day at a time,forge ahead...I didn't come this far just to come this far! 💖

I was just there in August. Sometimes I even doubted if I was doing the right thing. It has been a crazy ride, but I have already lost so much weight, just two months after surgery, and I am fitting into clothes I haven't fit into for years. We are all here for you, that's the purpose of this forum. Your anxiety is valid. Make sure you keep your goals ever present. Remember that there are people here that have gone through similar anxieties, and we are here to support you through it all. A month goes by quicker than you think. One thing I did, (because I got the advice of someone who did this surgery), is I got my chewable Multivitamins and my calcium chews. Those are not things you are going to be thinking about after surgery. The other thing that shocked me was how little amounts of food really filled me up after surgery. Be patient with yourself. You will be a new you. You are doing this to be healthier. Keep all that positivity front of mind, and if you need to vent, come to this forum. We are here.

It may help you to read a book about WLS. Both of these are good.

406172225_WLSbasics.jpg.c5291d108b1c660253ce1b69c4bb6437.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 11:00 AM, huskymama said:

The Dr visits are tough and it wore me out. Now I am just over 2 weeks away, The last 30 days is flying by so far. I just want it done before I freak out and change my mind lol

I was right where you are pre surgery.... Rest your mind....you are making the best decision possible for yourself. Pre Op and 3 weeks Post Op will be a challenge but you will be just fine. I am 16 weeks Post Op and down 57 lbs and my life has settled back into a predictable routine and I feel like a million bucks....you will not regret any of this and your Health will be improved 100%.