Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Comically small sandwich

Hope you enjoyed it!!!

It's so dainty! I hope 30 minutes later you took some tiny sips of tea.

Honestly I was just thinking about this earlier as a thing to do in the far future to Celebrate, having a super tiny sandwich. I was thinking, "it'll probably feel like the best thing I've ever had" after going through the stages of recovery.

2 minutes ago, LurkieKitty said:

Honestly I was just thinking about this earlier as a thing to do in the far future to Celebrate, having a super tiny sandwich. I was thinking, "it'll probably feel like the best thing I've ever had" after going through the stages of recovery.

It really was the best!

my surgeon’s plan allows this in the soft food stage which started at day 15. I wish I could say I ate this over a 30 min period, but I did not. I took tiny bites, but it really did not take very long. I was savoring every little bite 😹😹😹

1 minute ago, Pricilla said:

It really was the best!

my surgeon’s plan allows this in the soft food stage which started at day 15. I wish I could say I ate this over a 30 min period, but I did not. I took tiny bites, but it really did not take very long. I was savoring every little bite 😹😹😹

That's awesome~ My plan mentions avoiding breaded food and limiting starches in the soft food phase but it doesn't mention bread. However, after looking around at people's experiences with bread I'm kind of terrified to try it or anything relatively related, even crackers until maybe next summer. The idea of having a blockage from it is what terrifies me the most.

I just made a tuna salad sandwich on one of those little pieces of very flat, thin Danish rye bread (the kind used for smørrebrød, but I didn't put any butter) and had the same reaction. Tiny, but so good.

20 minutes ago, LurkieKitty said:

That's awesome~ My plan mentions avoiding breaded food and limiting starches in the soft food phase but it doesn't mention bread. However, after looking around at people's experiences with bread I'm kind of terrified to try it or anything relatively related, even crackers until maybe next summer. The idea of having a blockage from it is what terrifies me the most.

Crazy how different everyone’s plans are! I’d love actual evidence based rationales, but there aren’t articles with actual research, it’s a little odd!

i have tested the waters with not the healthiest foods and chewed thoroughly (not proud, just weak). I’ve tolerated everything fine, and really wished I didn’t tolerate it. But I’m trying to get my sh*t together. I’m sticking to less than 3 oz at a time. It’s been a major adjustment, but everyday I’m making some changes for the better. Do I slip and lick the Peanut Butter knife while making my kid a sandwich, absolutely. Here’s to hoping tomorrow I don’t.

12 hours ago, Pricilla said:

It really was the best!

Eating slowly was the hardest part fo me. Still is.

15 hours ago, Pricilla said:

Crazy how different everyone’s plans are! I’d love actual evidence based rationales, but there aren’t articles with actual research, it’s a little odd!

i have tested the waters with not the healthiest foods and chewed thoroughly (not proud, just weak). I’ve tolerated everything fine, and really wished I didn’t tolerate it. But I’m trying to get my sh*t together. I’m sticking to less than 3 oz at a time. It’s been a major adjustment, but everyday I’m making some changes for the better. Do I slip and lick the Peanut Butter knife while making my kid a sandwich, absolutely. Here’s to hoping tomorrow I don’t.

Honestly, it's not a bad thing to do that so you know for those once in a blue days where you may not stick to the regime, and that's okay. They're so so rare and far and few inbetween that unless you're someone who easily rears off the deep end it's okay to indulge every once in a blue if it doesn't hurt you.

Happy Thanksgiving if any of you are celebrating, even if you aren't have awesome and safe day regardless!

Adorable sandwich! Lol