Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2022 Surgery Buddies

Hi Everyone, I had my gastric sleeve done on 1/31/22. I'm doing okay, but I don't think I'm drinking enough Water. Hope everyone is doing well and meeting their goals.

9 minutes ago, mmjacobs said:

Hi Everyone, I had my gastric sleeve done on 1/31/22. I'm doing okay, but I don't think I'm drinking enough Water. Hope everyone is doing well and meeting their goals.

Welcome! I'm glad you are doing ok! You're just a little over a week out already! I see you've lost 20 lbs, that's amazing! I struggle with my Water intake as well. I've never liked water....NEVER....but it's super important that we get at the minimum 48 oz of fluids daily. What helps me is I line up my bottles of water, and I know I have to drink all of them by end of day. So I make it like a competition with myself. I drink the Essentia water, it's the only water I can stomach.

Good Luck to you! I can't wait to Celebrate your weight loss success! ♥

I also had mine done on 1/31. I am constantly thirsty so I sip every 5 minutes to keep hydrated.

I had my one week post op today and got cleared to start soft foods. I tried cottage cheese and was able to eat about an ounce! It was a treat!!

18 minutes ago, Ephemeral said:

Welcome! I'm glad you are doing ok! You're just a little over a week out already! I see you've lost 20 lbs, that's amazing! I struggle with my Water intake as well. I've never liked water....NEVER....but it's super important that we get at the minimum 48 oz of fluids daily. What helps me is I line up my bottles of Water, and I know I have to drink all of them by end of day. So I make it like a competition with myself. I drink the Essentia water, it's the only water I can stomach.

Good Luck to you! I can't wait to Celebrate your weight loss success! ♥

Thanks, I've only lost about 9 lbs after surgery. The other weight was the pre-op diet.

16 minutes ago, PSJennifer said:

I also had mine done on 1/31. I am constantly thirsty so I sip every 5 minutes to keep hydrated.

I had my one week post op today and got cleared to start soft foods. I tried cottage cheese and was able to eat about an ounce! It was a treat!!

Soft foods, yum yum. My soft foods won't start until next week but I do love me some cottage cheese. I'll add that to my shopping list.

Hello surgery was 1/27 vsg .. down 32lbs from surgery 42 all together … I’ve noticed I’ve had numerous stalls .. im getting super discouraged.. has anyone dealt with anything like this? How much has everyone lost since surgery?

Edited by ElectricxMama

1 hour ago, ElectricxMama said:

Hello surgery was 1/27 vsg .. down 32lbs from surgery 42 all together … I’ve noticed I’ve had numerous stalls .. im getting super discouraged.. has anyone dealt with anything like this? How much has everyone lost since surgery?

Stalls are normal I had one at 3 weeks post op for about a week. Another lady I know at 4 or 5 weeks had a 3 week stall despite getting in her Water, protein and exercising. Don’t get discouraged it is part of the journey. When I would have stalls before the surgery when trying to diet I would change my eating for one day. Example if I was doing no carbs and after 2 weeks stalled then I would increase my carbs just for the day and it seemed to help. Now since I had the surgery when I had the stall I just kept the course and weight started coming back off. I had sleeve feb 7th and I am 37lbs down 10 from pre-op liquid and the rest after surgery a little slow to me but I have had some issues and have been unable to tske in Protein up until recently. I am now able to drink protein water so hopefully my energy and activity will begin to increase for increased weight loss.

4 hours ago, ElectricxMama said:

Hi dear! I had surgery 1/31 and in the same boat. Lost 31 since surgery, but I’ll go a whole week and not lose. I’ve noticed that when I have my period I don’t lose any weight, so that’s been 2 weeks right there with no movement.

im trying to up my Water intake, and up my exercise to daily. I got up drinking too much juice for my sweet fix. So I’ve cut that way back again.
how many calories are we supposed to be eating each day?

Hi January 2022 buddies! I had my MGB on 30 January 2022 and I'm glad I did. I lost close to 50 Kg so far and I've less than one kg to go into the two digit weights. Super excited for that.

Like many of you here I had several stalls but I was not bothered by that. I was weighing myself on a daily basis at first but I stopped doing that now. I do it once a week. Super happy of the progress I made so far.

Here is a photo collage that shows my progress - from left to right: 2 months before the surgery, 3 months after and yesterday morning.

GridArt_20220912_141931505.jpg

Congrats everyone!

Edited by Leaflet

Hello everyone!

Where are my January 2022 Surgery Buddies? I'm just checking in with all of you! How is everyone doing?

I've lost 75 lbs so far, so I'm super proud. I want to lose another 25 lbs and then I will be satisfied. Although, I have to admit, if I would not lose any more weight, I would still be happy with how I am now. I feel good and when I look at myself, I "look good" and healthy. So in my book, I'm already a winner! I've never been so happy! The only regret I have is not doing this sooner!

Check in and tell us how you are doing!

3 hours ago, Ephemeral said:

Hello everyone!

Where are my January 2022 Surgery Buddies? I'm just checking in with all of you! How is everyone doing?

I've lost 75 lbs so far, so I'm super proud. I want to lose another 25 lbs and then I will be satisfied. Although, I have to admit, if I would not lose any more weight, I would still be happy with how I am now. I feel good and when I look at myself, I "look good" and healthy. So in my book, I'm already a winner! I've never been so happy! The only regret I have is not doing this sooner!

Check in and tell us how you are doing!

Hi surgery buddy! Glad to hear that you are feeling good and loving the way you look. Well done and I hope you reach you goal.

I'm also having the best time of my life and this past year and half has been filled with lots of NSV and proud moments. I'm now half the man I used to be. I weighed 74.5 kg this morning compared to 149 kg before WLS (74.5 kg or 164 lbs lost so far). My goal is 70 Kg so I have to lose 4 more kilos but I'm not in a hurry.

I just came back from a short holiday with my family and I was able to do and try a lot of things that were impossible before. I'll post about it soon.