Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For the Trackers: What's your diet been like the last 30 days?

So I was curious and went into MFP to find out what my diet has been consisting of recently.

I pulled up the data for the last 30 days and was (sorta, kinda) shocked to see that the majority of my calories came from Liquor, Cookies and popcorn 😳 #YIKES. These items were also the highest in frequency consumed.

With an average of 1700 calories a day.

I suppose my salads were so few in calories that they just didn't make the Top 10??? Does this mean I drink more martinis than I eat salads??? #DOUBLEYIKES

While my weight has been rock-solid-stable for the past 30 days (well, for the past 2 years, really), seeing this report has spurred me to clean up my diet. Thanks, MFP.

Soooo...for curiosity and accountability's sake, what have y'all been eating the past month????

P.S. I'm 5'2", 116.9 lbs this morning, and 3 years out from sleeve surgery.

1551214063_ScreenShot2021-10-06at11_49_17AM.thumb.png.4e5850a5b3b0a65d64861f8d6e166dc3.png

That’s a cool feature. Didn’t even know that existed! I’m only 7 weeks out today so my top 10 actually only consists of Protein Shakes, yoghurt, cheese, salmon and eggs, lol. I do eat a lot of different things, but not every day, and like your salads, they’re low kcal and therefore don’t make it to the top 10.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I'm only three weeks out and I don't know how to do those snazzy pictures, but I'd say most of my calories are still coming from shakes. Second, tuna fish, third, refried Beans, fourth cheddar cheese that I mix with beans and eggs. I'll have to look at how to do those graphs! I mostly use the app on my phone, so I will have to try it on my computer again.

The only junk food I've had since surgery was a sugar free pudding. It's easy to be good this soon out; I'm hungry but I can only eat a little bit at once and I have very little food in the house.

4 hours ago, lizonaplane said:

I'll have to look at how to do those graphs! I mostly use the app on my phone, so I will have to try it on my computer again.

Yeah...I tried to find the feature in the mobile version, but it only does it for max 7 days. The desktop version does charts for 7, 30, 90, 180 days and 1 yr. Oh, and it also does export (to .CSV format) for whatever duration you want.

Dang! I may switch to your food plan,ms.sss! Maybe it’ll break my stall; even if it doesn’t, it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun!!

14 hours ago, Elidh said:

Dang! I may switch to your food plan,ms.sss! Maybe it’ll break my stall; even if it doesn’t, it sounds like a heck of a lot of fun!!

Yes, fun…but definitely NOT for weight loss phase!

1700 calories/day is fine as long as you can maintain your weight on that - some of us can (I can eat that and maintain - sometimes even a little more if I'm being particularly active). But if that amount starts causing you to gain - then yea, you'll have to cut back.

I still eat a mostly healthy diet. I only use the free version of MFP so I can't see my foods highest in calories, but I'm guessing they come from things like Protein pancakes, protein muffins, and hummus on Wasa crackers (all of which I've eaten more than usual this past month or two). Also, I'm usually high on days when I've gone out to eat, regardless of what I eat. So I try to limit that (which has fortunately been easier with the pandemic).

26 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

1700 calories/day is fine as long as you can maintain your weight on that - some of us can (I can eat that and maintain - sometimes even a little more if I'm being particularly active). But if that amount starts causing you to gain - then yea, you'll have to cut back.

I still eat a mostly healthy diet. I only use the free version of MFP so I can't see my foods highest in calories, but I'm guessing they come from things like Protein pancakes, Protein muffins, and hummus on Wasa crackers (all of which I've eaten more than usual this past month or two). Also, I'm usually high on days when I've gone out to eat, regardless of what I eat. So I try to limit that (which has fortunately been easier with the pandemic).

Oh, I only use the free version too... guess the fancy schmancy charts are out of reach for me, too.

I will be starting to go out to eat more because I'll be traveling for work soon, and I'd really rather not be eating out so soon (I'll be five weeks out when I start traveling) but I'm dying of boredom being stuck at home...

The graphs are displayed in the free version, too -- on PC, click Reports/Net calories for the ones shown above.

I don't have the premium version of My Fitness Pal so I can't see stuff like you can. Plus I just started Weight Watchers three weeks ago and it only tracks points. So this morning I was curious and I put my last several days of WW tracking into into My Fitness Pal and surprisingly my macros were really good. It's about 1100 calories/day. MFP showed that I'd get back into Onederland within the next couple of weeks, which is encouraging. I do enjoy tracking things.

Apparently carb balance tortillas and those little packets of tuna salad make up a huge portion of my diet. Oh, and Core Power chocolate milk Protein Shakes. Gotta get the Fiber in somehow...