Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dry patches on skin

I had surgery 7/13 and now have developed circular dry Patches on my legs, arms, hips. I do take Vitamins, Biotin, and drink my Water. Has anyone else had skin issues like this?

Sounds like something to talk to your surgery center about. Maybe see a dermatologist. Have you changed soap or detergent or anything?

This could be eczema or psoriasis from a possible allergy to something or may be related to the stress on your body after surgery. I would see a dermatologist. There are also a lot of skin conditions that mimic either of the above.

Oh my God, I thought I was the only one. My left leg is itching like CRAZY. I haven't changed soaps or detergents. I find that putting lotion helps for a little while, and I have some anti-itch cream from the last time I decided to ignore what poison oak looks like.

I’m going through the same thing. My Dr had warned me about it happening before hand an now it has hit!! I am constantly using skin healing cream an lotions.

Now that I'm 6 weeks out I'm getting dry skin like crazy, but I'm too lazy to put lotion on. The dead skin is all over the place and so gross. It's hard to tell how much is from the surgery and how much is from the dryness from winter coming, traveling to dryer climates, and dry air in planes. Ugh!

Edited by lizonaplane

On 10/23/2021 at 15:32, lizonaplane said:

Now that I'm 6 weeks out I'm getting dry skin like crazy, but I'm too lazy to put lotion on. The dead skin is all over the place and so gross. It's hard to tell how much is from the surgery and how much is from the dryness from winter coming, traveling to dryer climates, and dry air in planes. Ugh!

I also can’t seem to make myself put lotion on consistently! I found some wet skin moisturiser at Lush that I love using 😁 you use it after soap and you can just rinse it off in the shower and towel dry!! No more sticky feeling!!

20 hours ago, Summermoose said:

I also can’t seem to make myself put lotion on consistently! I found some wet skin moisturiser at Lush that I love using 😁 you use it after soap and you can just rinse it off in the shower and towel dry!! No more sticky feeling!!

I used to love lush, but now I can't even go in there because I've gotten even more sensitive to strong smells. I like unscented Glysomed lotion. It doesn't feel greasy at all and you can use just a little bit. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates putting on lotion!

Hi! This is happening to me! These dry Patches are ALL over. I was so afraid. How long did this last?

On 11/21/2023 at 2:52 PM, abitruchriste said:

It's not uncommon for the body to react in unexpected ways post-surgery. Your proactive approach with Vitamins, Biotin, and staying hydrated is excellent. 

Regarding the circular dry Patches, have you ever discussed botriomycome with your healthcare provider? It's a term worth exploring as it could provide more insights into these skin changes. Consulting with a dermatologist might help pinpoint the cause and tailor a solution for you.