Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 2021 Surgeries?

On 10/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, slimbunny said:

Heat pad, and hot baths helped me! Lots more walking than you think you need. I promise it gets better I’m day 14 post op and no longer in pain.

I am 15 days postop and is hurting like hell. Combo meds such as Diazepam and Oral Oxy are not working for me. I stomach just growls at me. I am able to keep food down is just hurts like hell. My surgeon is thinking of doing both a Upper GI series and a CT scan. I am starting to regret this. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by EsojLabina

On 11/13/2021 at 21:56, EsojLabina said:

I am 15 days postop and is hurting like hell. Combo meds such as Diazepam and Oral Oxy are not working for me. I stomach just growls at me. I am able to keep food down is just hurts like hell. My surgeon is thinking of doing both a Upper GI series and a CT scan. I am starting to regret this. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I know the first two weeks are bad. Have you tried taking smaller bites and putting down your fork in between? It made the difference for me. My surgery was 10/25

18 hours ago, terigetshealthy said:

I know the first two weeks are bad. Have you tried taking smaller bites and putting down your fork in between? It made the difference for me. My surgery was 10/25

Yes 🙌 setting a timer ⏱ for 3:30 after each bite. I feel much better today. Not sure but my pain went away like magic. All I have now is more of sore muscles in my abdomen section. Other that still learning the since last of being full. Thank you for sharing and your advice. How are you doing postop????

That’s awesome I’m so happy. I know thr first three weeks were rough. I progressed to soft/solids and I feel so much better, too!

Oct 19th was my day. My exp has been text book short of nausea and dumping. I cheated a few times by eating a solid too soon and after a few bites i was leaning over the toilet. I'm realizing enjoying food as I did before no longer exist. I guess that's the trade off. One thing that is bothersome and disgusting is the excessive amount of saliva i hve now which is sometimes foamy. Yuk!

3 hours ago, W8rriorprinc3ss said:

🤗 October 4th was my gastric bypass surgery. I've lost nearly 50lbs since.

Omg 50 pound in nearly 2 months that is awesome I lost 40 pounds until now post up 1 month. I feels greats.

50 pounds is freaking amazing!! Way to go!

Had my first Dumping Syndrome incident. Made the kids come red velvet and white chocolate chip Cookies. Snuck ONE tiny one. I PAID FOR IT BIG TIME!! 24 hours of hell!!

6 weeks today. Surgery weight on Oct 20th was 213.2 so 20 lbs. I started at a relatively low height/weight and am 59. Plus I had a stall that lasted an entire 3 weeks! Except for the darn stall and the frustration/trepidation associated with it, I'm happy with my progress so far. I know some people lose far more, but I'm taking the middle road on diet (average 800 cal/day) and can't really exercise much due to arthritis.

Edited by Tupelo

On 11/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, JordanM said:

Had my first Dumping Syndrome incident. Made the kids come red velvet and white chocolate chip Cookies. Snuck ONE tiny one. I PAID FOR IT BIG TIME!! 24 hours of hell!!

My friend who had RNY said the trick was to wait two hours minimum before trying something sweet and only two bites max. That has worked for me so far.

19 minutes ago, Tupelo said:

6 weeks today. Surgery weight on Oct 20th was 213.2 so 20 lbs. I started at a relatively low height/weight and am 59. Plus I had a stall that lasted an entire 3 weeks! Except for the darn stall and the frustration/trepidation associated with it, I'm happy with my progress so far. I know some people lose far more, but I'm taking the middle road on diet (average 800 cal/day) and can't really exercise much due to arthritis.

Congratulations! My preop was 213. Day of surgery was 205 and I’m at 186.6 5 1/2 weeks out.