Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op Dec 11th - Procedure Dec 12th

Hey Sheila I’m glad you’re feeling better now. 2 Babies, hernia and gallbladder on top of lapband! HOLY HELL! I sure hope your hubby is stepping up his game! At least it looks like the hardest part is behind us now! Thank goodness! I have to go back to work tomorrow and I have a post op on Tuesday. I guess he wants to check the incisions and whatever.

Its a pretty slow Sunday so I don’t know what I’m gonna do. I want to get out of the house that’s for sure. Maybe a trip to the store for some diapers will be entertaining. hahah man I’m getting old!

-jes

Jes, 3 babies! :) A trip to the store for diapers? man, you're life is about as exciting as mine!

My husband's stepped up his game a lot...Im actually impressed. However, Im sure in a few weeks, he'll start having a pity party for himself because im not cooking too much. We'll see.

Btw, I read an article on your Protein shakes, they seem to be the cats meow taste wise.

Jess,

Glad to hear that you are doing so much better now and that your shoulder pain has subsided. I'm in the same boat as you with itchy incisions but otherwise I'm doing great, spend sunday doing some Xmas shopping, trying to get somewhat ready by moving around cuz I have to go back to work Monday.

I've lost 11lbs too.. slowly but surely.

see ya!

Sheila,

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better. 12lbs is great. With the other surgeries you had i'm not surprised you'll be more uncomfortable that most.

Take care of yourself...I'm happy to hear your at least feeling better.

See ya!

Well today wasn’t tooo bad. I have only eaten a little oat meal this morning and a can of cream Soup for dinner. I gotta say I think I over ate at dinner. I had a can of Soup and right now I feel soo full and bloated it sucks! I think I’m going to have to cut way way back on the food. Not even a can of soup? wow! hahah I figure I would be good with about 1/4 to 1/2 can of soup in the future.

I got back to work tomorrow. I hope I feel better by then. Right now I am bloated so I’m thinking a gas tablet or something might help. I’m also a little thirsty. I don’t think I got enough Water in today. I need to drink more but I feel so bloated it’s crazy! The last things I want to do are drink or eat anything.

I’m going to try a gas tablet and hope that helps. I’m going to go to bed at about 9:00 or 10:00 and try to get some sleep. I’ve been very tired and unmotivated. I’m guessing it due to the lack of sugar, caffeine and the number of calories my body is used to getting. I sure hope this "stage" passes soon because I really don’t like it.

-jes

Chatita....Hi!11lbs we'll never get back, huh! Pretty cool!

Jes, maybe try to have 3 Protein shakes a day..and take your flintstones..maybe once you get in a routine of going to work again, you wont be as tired.

Take care all!

OMG sombody please tell me this left shoulder pain will end! This is too much. I have a pretty high pain threshhold, hellp look at the full sleeves and chest tattoos but this is stupid! Its like a freakin hot ice pick being stabbed into my left shoulder area. Its been going on for about 3 days now off an on. As far as I can tell its may be from eatting too much? I had a can of cream suop which may have been too much the other night and today for lunch I had a cup of chicken broth and the pain started at about 1:00 and hasnt stopped yet and its 4:30 now.

This is crazy!! i found a paper online that said its common and most with the left should pain have it stop at 5 week out but still, thats is too much.

Some hope here would be great! If it stays like this past 8 weeks out then Im having the band dropped out, Id rather be a fat arse then in this kinda pain everyday. No joke!

-jes

http://www.core.monash.org/assets/documents/research-papers/2005-52.pdf

OUch!!! Sorry to hear you are in such pain!!!!

I wonder if it's associated with eating or air the body cavity that can't find a way out??? I've heard both.

Either way, if it's so bad you would reverse the surgery... maybe you had better give the doc a call???

Good luck. I hope it magically passes!!!

I read a few places that Gas-X strips are the thing to use.

Sorry to hear you are in pain. ;)

Jes,

When I talked to my coordinator about the shoulder pain she suggested liquid ibuprofen. She said she didn't think it was swelling but that it could help IF that was the cause. Since the tylenol and codine didn't help, I assumed it was inflammation.

Thankfully mine relieved itself before I took the meds. She did caution that it could be a little tough on your stomach. The only liquid I could find was childrens but it did have adult dosing on it.

It might be worth a shot.

Steph

Hey KingJes - I got banded on 12-12 too. I have lost 20 pounds already on the liquid diet. I can't believe it. I know that pace won't continue when I go back to solid foods. Good luck to you. I can't wait to see all the "after" pictures for everyone banded in December.

Jes, Im sorry this is STILL going on for you. That bites. Its gotta get better. Im hoping you feel better...and soon!

Sherenza, I was banded on 12-12, also. You've lost 20lbs already?? that's amazing! good for you!

Hi my name is Kat,

I have been reading this thread. I was banded 12/10. I had a hernia as well at the same time. It was extra pain:cry I don't know how much weight I've lost. There's no scale at my family's house LOL!

I've only eaten Clear Liquids, popsicles, broth and boost shakes. Jes, I know the shoulder pain you speak of, but it has subsided for the most part. I think it was gas. I took myself off of the liquid drugs my doc prescribed too-made me feel hi. I didn't like that either. I wish my doc said I could have Jello.

Is anyone else tired of the taste of Splenda & equal!?

I snuck a couple of egg noodles into my broth today b/c I was feeling light-headed and lil dizzy. I thought it was lack of "real" food.

Babyphat, Hi and welcome...

I too am getting tired of the fake sugar taste....i find that when im tired of that, its best to have some broth.

you know, mix it up a bit..

Jes,

Wondering how you are doing today and if you have found any relief.

Have you called your center to see what they say?

Steph