Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any North Dakotans out there?

MissC - I'm in GF, and had my Band done at Altru also - They totally ROCK !!!

i'm sooo happy with Dr MacColl, his PA Shellie ( who does the fills ) and the entire department!

I'm so excited for you ! If you need/ want to talk, or have any questions, just let me know :-)

Best of luck to you !

Peace

Sorry Brighter ! Didnt mean to ignore you or leave you out !! The same goes for you :-)

Thanks Bobbie! If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear about your day of surgery. Was the hospital staff just as wonderful as everyone else? How was recovery for you? Any big surprises no one told you about? I'm getting really excited. I'm down 8.5 pounds on my pre-op diet (supposed to lose 13) and I'm getting kinda impatient to get the band already. :) I'm excited to hear about your experience!

HI! Nice to see some other North Dakotans around. I am originally from GF and still do some of my medical care there, but now I live in Bismarck and am planning to do the band at St A's early this summer. I am going in for my consults in about 3 weeks, so hopefully all goes well and I am approved with flying colors. :cursing:

Hello ND bandsters....I had my surgery 1/20/09 at Altru. Dr. MacColl was wonderful. The hospital stay was also very good. Since surgery day I have lost about 25 lbs. My first fill is Feb. 20, which I am looking forward to. I really need to get to the support group though....hopefully next Thursday (weather permitting). Would love to hear from other ND Bandsters.....

Kathy

I am in the kinda planning stages to see if we can get it done.....Been pretty rough getting to the point of doing it. I had a fall last year on Christmas Day that messed up my knee and I ened up having surgery about 6 months later my orthopedic surgeon has been adament about me having a bariatric procedure. I am still haivng issues with my my knee and I know he wont do much more with it unless I lose the weight. Ive tried LA Weight Loss and Weight Watchers and am working with another program now.

The one nurse practioner that I am working with has been really good about trying to get things rolling to get this done. She really wants to see if we can get Dr. Bruderer out of Bismarck to do it. Just so much to do just to get it going.....