Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bariatrics appointment nhs. Uk

Hello everyone,

I'm Emma and I have been waiting for bariatric surgery for a long time now. I was discharged in 2019 because I was at another hospital appointment and told I would have to wait 6 months before my dr could re refer me back to Homerton hospital, I would have to start again from the beginning and then covid happened. I eventually received my new appointment for May 19th which was cancelled due to too many people in the clinic. It was rearranged for 28th May. Only to be cancelled on the day, I get refered back to gp because they asked for my weight and BP. I then had to re refer myself back to Homerton hospital, my appointment was for August so I called up for cancellations regularly and finally I had 1 for July. I still had to wait weeks but finally that day is here 12 July my appointment is today and because its a telephone appointment I really do not know what to expect. I realised both the appointment in May and this appointment mentioned different departments. May appointment said Pre-Operative surgery appointment, where this July one just says telephone appointment outpatients 2.

I have now also received another appointment letter to attend the hospital in September which I find a bit strange as I have not had the 1st appointment yet. I have been trying to have this surgery for the last five years and everytime I feel like I'm close to having it, it seems to not happen. I am so mentally prepared and focused to what I need to do to make this a success. I need this surgery for a better quality of life, thats all I'm trying to do. Gain a healthy lifestyle and hopefully extend my life and avoid extra health problems. I need this surgery so I can have a operation on my leg, I have mobility issues which makes it hard with weight loss, I have missed out on so much being pretty much home bound and all I want is this tool to help aid me in my journey as I have tried so much over the years. I just wished they wouldn't make me have to start all again, because what about all the hard effort I have already put in? Giving fact I was at a hospital appointment at the time and how badly I need this surgery, I feel it was really unfair to refer me back to my gp since I was at another hospital appointment. I'm just over ready to get this journey started, I feel like how long will the wait be this time? I really told myself not to feel like that, but i guess as the appointment approaches, I just really wish I could show them how dedicated,focused and determined i am for this. In my mind I'm ready to start my liver shrinking diet and head for surgery but in reality I now have to wait for the 1st appointment where you do there (probably Septembers appointment) then its what tests and checks they will want me have from then. Its just a shame its taking me this long to start my journey.

Sent from my SM-N770F using BariatricPal mobile app