Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, ms. new booty said:

I just had sleeve gastrectomy completed on 7/1/2021. I am having the hardest time getting anything to stay down. I vomit when I take my Vitamins, when I drink Protein, when I eat baby food, when I eat or drink anything even Water. I cannot get my ounces in for liquids or Protein. I need some guidance. The acid reflux has been the worst part. My surgeon has switched my medications to try and get the acid under control. I just need support because I am not sure how long this miserable part lasts and I am over it. Nothing good is easy and I am not a whiner, but this is pretty tough...

Hope everything gets better..I know you said you spoke to your Surgeon. Is it possible maybe there is a leak. Did you ask him that or maybe next time bring that up as a concern

On 07/23/2021 at 06:12, star618 said:

you too! I'm about to leave for the hospital!

How are you feeling? I had my surgery early morning the sedation had me in and out all day. The gas pain was real thankfully the doctor ordered something for it.

Day 2 post-op: starting to feel better now. Because right after surgery and day 1 post-op, I was like « what have I done? », the pain and nausea were so bad! I guess you have to take it one day at a time. Leaving the hospital in 1 hour, happy this step is behind me. On to the next step! Courage to all of you out there

On 7/23/2021 at 7:54 PM, Ashlore87 said:

How are you feeling? I had my surgery early morning the sedation had me in and out all day. The gas pain was real thankfully the doctor ordered something for it.

Still here at the hospital, no pain at all! I'm shocked honestly. The worst part for me is the nausea and throwing up. I can't keep anything down. The doctor won't let me leave without keeping stuff down

On 07/25/2021 at 07:56, star618 said:

Still here at the hospital, no pain at all! I'm shocked honestly. The worst part for me is the nausea and throwing up. I can't keep anything down. The doctor won't let me leave without keeping stuff down

I came home yesterday afternoon. The problem I’m having is the gas pains and gas x isn’t helping. It makes it hard to get fluids down cause it hurts. Otherwise I’m just sore around my stomach. The nurses didn’t give you a nausea patch before surgery?

1 hour ago, Ashlore87 said:

I came home yesterday afternoon. The problem I’m having is the gas pains and gas x isn’t helping. It makes it hard to get fluids down cause it hurts. Otherwise I’m just sore around my stomach. The nurses didn’t give you a nausea patch before surgery?

They did a d. Ow I'm on 2 different nausea meds with little relief, it's terrible

2 hours ago, Centreville Owl said:

My surgery is Monday, July 26th.

Me too! Tomorrow really couldn't come soon enough. I am getting antsy (in a good way I guess), and I just want to spend the night in the hospital parking lot lol!!!!

I just lost my balance and fell on my left hand. Hand swelled, left side of back I probably pulled several muscles.

also, I have some sort of stress rash right around my belly button.

oh what fun!

Just now, Centreville Owl said:

I just lost my balance and fell on my left hand. Hand swelled, left side of back I probably pulled several muscles.

also, I have some sort of stress rash right around my belly button.

oh what fun!

Aw I'm sorry hun ☹️I hope you start feeling better soon and get lots of rest!

I cheated on my pre-op diet. My diet was supposed to be milk and yoghurts and I started really struggling to stomach it so I just started skipping ‘meals’ and some days I’ve not had much at all. Today, I just felt really weak after my pre-admission blood tests so I’ve had a packet of super noodles. I feel terrible and with my op only being two days away I’m worried that they won’t even operate on me anymore.

16 minutes ago, Peytonlouise said:

I cheated on my pre-op diet. My diet was supposed to be milk and yoghurts and I started really struggling to stomach it so I just started skipping ‘meals’ and some days I’ve not had much at all. Today, I just felt really weak after my pre-admission blood tests so I’ve had a packet of super noodles. I feel terrible and with my op only being two days away I’m worried that they won’t even operate on me anymore.

I had to start my preop liquid diet this past Wednesday and surgery was Friday. I cheated too I had some crackers, I was getting a Migraine and didn’t want to take the meds on empty stomach and ate a few crackers Thursday. I still had my surgery on Friday and no issues except this gas pain crap. You will be ok don’t be so hard on yourself. Many people cheat on their preop diets I’m sure the surgeons know patients will cheat a little. Take a deep breath and don’t stress

Hi. Don’t be so hard on your self. I cheated too and I’m sure a lot of others have too. If you look up other programs, they all do things differently. Try to stick to your plan but don’t be negative. No one is perfect.

I’m New here! 😊 I have definitely been having a hard time on this preop liquid diet. I have also cheated a few times. My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday August 4th. I can’t have anything else but liquids not like some other people that can have a small meal ☹️. I’m trying to hang in there tho!

Mine was July 17th - I'm a week post op! :D And I had mine done in Mexico. :)