Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All I can eat is 2 bites

I had surgery March 30th.. I can ever only eat 2 bites of food. And I can always feel it in my chest.. does anyone else have this issue?

I was that way. Two bites is a little hard to quantify though. Two pre op bites for me could have been a whole burger :) whereas now two bits is 1/4th of a burger and I’m too full. But I guess even burger is subjective. eggs is a good measure if you can/want to eat those. For about six months my capacity was one cooked egg, scrambled fried boiled didn’t matter. If I REALLY push it I can fit two now but I’m hurting after. 1.5 is my happy place one year out.

Some foods are just too dry or too coarse & can cause problems. It’s almost like they get caught or they make your restriction kick in (that tightness across your chest). chicken or steak can be troublesome for some. I can’t do char grilled meats or vegetables.

Is it specific foods that cause the discomfort or all food? If it’s only certain foods, drop them from your diet for a while or try other ways of cooking them.

Are you eating slowly? I know we all say we do but …. I still take ages to eat (40+ mins to eat about 3oz steak & a cup of vegetables last night). Take a small bite & put your cutlery down. Doesn’t matter if it’s 5 minutes or more before you take the next bite.

Have you spoken to your medical team?

It does get easier but don’t push yourself to do more than you can at any time.

So i try to eat slow but it’s so hard. Also sometimes I eat late lastnight at 7:30pm I had alittle bit of chilli and couldn’t lay down for 2 hours. I try to eat all through out the day. Because I don’t want to lose to much weight.
first picture 270lbs December 24th 2020

second picture 192lbs June 12th 2021

51F23064-3673-4965-ABB1-B4884F81ABE0.jpeg

1AB85345-B57F-4CF5-BF69-9FFD1AC954A4.jpeg

You look amazing! Glowing and happy. Your before pic, you look beautiful and happy too.

Yes I too worry I'm losing weight to fast. I did this surgery because I had sever back pain and a herniated disc. I never want to be stick thin, and I want to be healthy, so I get your fear.

The tightness is the restriction, and don't worry it will get better. Two bites also made me full but now at 8 months in, I can manage eating half a sandwich (it takes time though). So it will get better, just hang in there. Some ppl even miss this period, I am not one of those people.