Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

So I reached my goal approx. 2 months ago. I went from 216 to 135 in 7 months!! Now I am down to 131 and keep losing even though I increased my Protein, carbs, etc. I still eat healthy, but I am able to eat more now. I don't know why I keep losing. I am starting to look really sickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it should stop on its own. Things do shift around during year 2, so you'll start looking less gaunt - and then in year 3, MANY of us put on 10-20 lbs of bounce back weight (and some put on more), so I wouldn't get too worried yet... I was really worried when I got into the low 130s, but I bounced back 20 lbs in year 3. Now I kinda wish I hadn't - but it happens to the majority of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think that’s how it works for some of us. It took me a year to find the right balance to maintain. The loss was much slower (about 1kg a month) & slowed even more just before I finally stabilised. Even though I added Snacks it took until I could get my meal portion sizes to close to the recommended portion size that it stabilised. I remember telling my medical team when they’d tell me I had to stop losing that I simply could not eat any more. Some days I felt all I did was eat. I certainly wasn’t trying to lose more. It was hard cause I still didn’t really feel hungry. I ate just to try not to lose more. Such a weird thing for someone who spent much of her life not eating so as not to gain weight (not that that worked!!).

I used non lite salad dressings, added milk powder to milk when making chia pudding, upped my vegetables & fruit, added multi/whole grain crackers with hummus or liverwurst as a snack, added a Protein Bar, etc. to boost my calories. I choose things I could easily drop or modify to a low cal version as needed & I have dropped some snacks since my weight has settled. This worked for me.

I wasn’t too worried at the time because of the bounce back weight @catwoman7 mentioned. Thought if I did gain those 5kgs or so, it would put me up closer to my goal without exceeding it.

Congrats on your weight loss & good luck with finding that right balance for you. Just give it time.

Edited by Arabesque

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

it should stop on its own. Things do shift around during year 2, so you'll start looking less gaunt - and then in year 3, MANY of us put on 10-20 lbs of bounce back weight (and some put on more), so I wouldn't get too worried yet... I was really worried when I got into the low 130s, but I bounced back 20 lbs in year 3. Now I kinda wish I hadn't - but it happens to the majority of us.

TY I was getting very worried. I would be happy if my loss stopped around the 150lbs mark. I thought I looked great at that weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I think that’s how it works for some of us. It took me a year to find the right balance to maintain. The loss was much slower (about 1kg a month) & slowed even more just before I finally stabilised. Even though I added Snacks it took until I could get my meal portion sizes to close to the recommended portion size that it stabilised. I remember telling my medical team when they’d tell me I had to stop losing that I simply could not eat any more. Some days I felt all I did was eat. I certainly wasn’t trying to lose more. It was hard cause I still didn’t really feel hungry. I ate just to try not to lose more. Such a weird thing for someone who spent much of her life not eating so as not to gain weight (not that that worked!!).

I used non lite salad dressings, added milk powder to milk when making chia pudding, upped my vegetables & fruit, added multi/whole grain crackers with hummus or liverwurst as a snack, added a Protein bar, etc. to boost my calories. I choose things I could easily drop or modify to a low cal version as needed & I have dropped some Snacks since my weight has settled. This worked for me.

I wasn’t too worried at the time because of the bounce back weight @catwoman7 mentioned. Thought if I did gain those 5kgs or so, it would put me up closer to my goal without exceeding it.

Congrats on your weight loss & good luck with finding that right balance for you. Just give it time.

TY for that info. I will look for a few things to add to my intake of calories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll trade places with you lol. Because I've been stuck inside due to covid regulations in my state, I have been eating soooooo much more and some bad things. Im getting back on track but I gained 17 lbs in 10 months which may not seem like much but it is if we go through all of this. Ill gladly trade you places ☺️😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I'll trade places with you lol. Because I've been stuck inside due to covid regulations in my state, I have been eating soooooo much more and some bad things. Im getting back on track but I gained 17 lbs in 10 months which may not seem like much but it is if we go through all of this. Ill gladly trade you places ☺️😜

How can you eat so much more? I am not being funny, I am serious. I try to eat more, and I can't because I get so full so quick. I am close to being 9 months out, and I thought I would be able to eat more at this point. I can eat a little bit more, like maybe 2 extra bites but that is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

How can you eat so much more? I am not being funny, I am serious. I try to eat more, and I can't because I get so full so quick. I am close to being 9 months out, and I thought I would be able to eat more at this point. I can eat a little bit more, like maybe 2 extra bites but that is it.

My portion sizes are larger now at 2 yrs out than they were at 9 months. I eat about a recommended portion size or just under now. For example at 9 months I could only eat 1 egg now I can almost eat 2 eggs. How much you can eat will slowly increase too @HealthyLifeStyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Arabesque said:

My portion sizes are larger now at 2 yrs out than they were at 9 months. I eat about a recommended portion size or just under now. For example at 9 months I could only eat 1 egg now I can almost eat 2 eggs. How much you can eat will slowly increase too @HealthyLifeStyle.

I certainly hope so. I can eat 2 scrambled eggs plain if I don't eat anything else with them. I just started being able to do that. If the food is heavier, I can not eat more than a few bites. I still having a hard time with any meats. It feels like a lump sitting in my belly for hours after and it hurts even if I only take really small tiny bites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tunchi71

      3 months later and down 60 lbs......is that good?
      · 1 reply
      1. Tunchi71

        I ended up having the surgery on March 1st.

    • spatty

      June 17th is almost here. Picked up everything I need for my after surgery needs. After work will go home and finish packing a light overnight bag to make sure I don't forget anything. And the final countdown begins. Not nervous at all just looking forward to the call for my arrival time. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Fredeique2020  »  Catherinetheokay

      I am 19 days post op and I am still struggling to drink the fluids. I am not even able to drink the protein shakes their now nasty to me , I tried the protein bars & it didn’t end well. I have chest pains & I can barely eat. I am weak & my mouth is always dry, and feeling nauseous. Can anyone provide any advise. At least I doing the vitamins. Recently my chest & stomach have a burning sensation. 
      · 1 reply
      1. SamanthaC12

        I had a very difficult time finding protein shakes that tasted okay and didn't make me sick. I ended up drinking FairLife Core Power protein shakes. I love the chocolate (tastes like chocolate milk to me). I like to blend it with some ice and PB2 powder (or real PB) to give the smoothie consistency. I also found that if I put Panera's Turkey Vegetable soup through the blender, I could eat it. I survived off those two things. My chest pains were from the gas, which was incredibly bad and took so much longer than I expected to resolve. I'd definitely stay away from bars or anything solid until you've conquered liquids. I'd love to tell you the dry mouth will get better soon, but it didn't for me for a very long time (months). The plus to that was that I drank a ton of water. The good new is I suspect you are close to the light at the end of the tunnel on this first and hardest part of the journey. It gets SO much easier after this part.

    • Crystalmoon

      I am a week post op and I honestly feel like crap! I keep feeling so nauseous and I can’t get my self to drink a good amount of water. I honestly feel very regretful today. When does it get better? 
      · 1 reply
      1. adventuremomof4

        By the third week you will feel some relief. Don't push yourself too much with quantity that first week. I just made sure to keep sipping and walking which helped me feel better.

    • Crystalmoon

      I honestly haven’t weighed myself since surgery, looking forward to doing it! 
      · 1 reply
      1. AAJamesdycle

        Im happy 6251

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×