Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I just became and emotional wreck. I am crying I am feeling stressed I am feeling defeated. It’s mostly because I can’t do much of anything other than walk around, I’m still in a good amount of pain from surgery and I am relying on others to take care of my child and myself so it’s been hard. It’s like people are making me feel guilty because “I chose to have the surgery” therefore I should feel guilty for asking for help. I feel like my emotions are amplified more than normal because of the changes to my body. Any significance with that?

I know how you feel! I had surgery 3/3 and then a week later surgery again dr obstructed my bowels. The one person I told made me feel bad for having it my boyfriend. I had a lot of minor complications excess saliva, couldn’t drink anything, dehydration. I was admitted to the hospital 3 times after surgery. The good news is after the internal swelling goes down week 6-8 it gets easier. Please relax keep a Water handy. It will definitely get easier the surgery puts our bodies in shock for a few weeks.

I had mine on Tuesday and I’m feeling completely overwhelmed and defeated also.

now I have to swallow a bunch of shitty powdered meds that taste horrible

hoping the day takes a better turn

hugs to all of you going thru same. Xoxo

You all are warriors! Beautiful, amazing warriors! Don't let anyone make you feel bad for finally doing something for yourself and your health! It DOES get better in a few days...hang in there and remember, you did this so you are able to enjoy your life, family and friends to the fullest! Sending you all positive vibes! 😊

You just had major surgery!! Cut yourself some slack!! Your job for the next 4+ weeks is healing and being kind to your body. If you had heart surgery would you be feeling the same guilt? Just like something like that, you did this surgery to save your life. So let people baby you do a little while with no guilt. It is very hard on us moms because we are so used to doing for others---but now is your time to be pampered a bit.

Every day really does get better. You'll be back to your independence in days. Take time to heal now though.

I had surgery on April 28th. My wife reminded me of something really great: after going through many months of prep working up to the surgery, then having this surgery, and now recovering from the surgery... this is a major event that easily drains a person physically and emotionally. If you would allow me to say - Connect to the people who give you support. We may have to drown out the voices of those who scoff or try to make us feel guilty. Our jobs right now are just to recover, adapt to the changes, and move forward into a new prosperous life. We have nothing to feel guilty about. We did something that will not only affect us positively, but also those around us positively because we will have something much better to give. People who really love us will support us and not make us feel guilty. Anyone who makes us feel guilty really needs to take a look at themselves inwardly.

I had my surgery 3/15 and for weeks I felt down and horrible. I wondered if I made the right choice and felt the surgery wasn’t going to work well for me. Then things started to change and I started feeling better. I also had a bowel issue and my surgery was an open one instead of laparoscopic. Today I feel Blessed to have had the opportunity to have had the surgery. You will get through it and I am sure you did it to better your health. I think everyone gets depressed at first and it will go away. I hope the best for you. Keep your head up and don’t let others get to you.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:23 AM, Incredibleshrinkiningkiley said:

Today I just became and emotional wreck. I am crying I am feeling stressed I am feeling defeated. It’s mostly because I can’t do much of anything other than walk around, I’m still in a good amount of pain from surgery and I am relying on others to take care of my child and myself so it’s been hard. It’s like people are making me feel guilty because “I chose to have the surgery” therefore I should feel guilty for asking for help. I feel like my emotions are amplified more than normal because of the changes to my body. Any significance with that?

How are you doing now?

How do you deal with the mental hunger of wanting more than liquids?

On 05/31/2021 at 16:36, destiny2021 said:

I was sleeved on 5/25. This is where our mental strength has to come into play. We cannot…cannot…progress to the next phase before our bodies are ready because it could be life-threatening. There is no better journey to be on than one of better health.

35 minutes ago, destiny2021 said:

I just have an internal conversation where I remind myself that these foods are only off limits for a small amount of time, and I need to hang in there right now so that I can heal properly and enjoy these foods I want right now for the rest of my life. Logic helps me be less emotional.