Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have this unfounded doubt in my mind that for some reason no surgery would work for me, maybe because of weight loss attempts that worked for others but not me in the past. Did anyone else feel this way before surgery? What are somethings you wish you knew BEFORE getting the sleeve surgery? Did you have any doubts before surgery and how were they resolved?

I absolutely felt the same way before surgery. It was a long process for me to finally be approved with my insurance (7 plus months) and when I finally got the surgery date, I started to not believe that the procedure wouldnt work. I’ve struggled for years to yoyoing between being lean and then gaining 25, 50, 100lbs. The surgery was the best decision I’ve made. I’m only coming up to my 4 week mark in a few days, but I’m down almost 29lbs and feel a lot better physically. You will have doubts and fears. Don’t let them get the best of you!

Note* everyone has different experiences when it comes to how one feels after surgery. I had severe pain in the hospital, but once I was home it was completely manageable. Think positively about this and it is a huge change for your health and appearance. 

I'm RNY, not sleeve, but I had those doubts as well. But this DID work. I really had to work at it, but my efforts paid off this time.

I am seven weeks out and those doubts and fears still creep in that I will be one of the non success stories (I’ll lose it but gain it back). I am thinking about seeing a bariatric therapist to help with this and issues with eating when board. A lot of people seem to really get a lot out of having a bariatric therapist.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches