Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes...I NEED RECIPES LOL

2 week post op and i am on puree and soft food. My GERD has been on 1000 and I cannot take it. Everything I eat flares it up.

I cannot not do puree due to having issue with consistency of foods. I know a lot of you may think its all in my head, but the graininess of it I cannot tolerate.

I was given a ricotta bake recipe which was amazing. I was wondering if anyone had any to share?

Had my first post op appointment yesterday, down to 315 from 339 the day of surgery. I want to continue this downward trend without any problems, but eating has become a serious pain and I feel like I'm heading to a point with I might develop a fear of eating.

So please please please, if any one has any recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

yikes! Did you mention your GERD to anyone at your clinic? They should be able to put you on something for that. A lot of us are on PPI's for the first few months after surgery.

yikes! Did you mention your GERD to anyone at your clinic? They should be able to put you on something for that. A lot of us are on PPI's for the first few months after surgery.

Already on Pantoprazole (Protonix) 40mg for chronic gastritis from before the surgery. Spoke to them yesterday, was told to take a 2nd one at night or Famotidine (Pepcid) 20mg at night.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, LaurentSyl621 said:

Already on Pantoprazole (Protonix) 40mg for chronic gastritis from before the surgery. Spoke to them yesterday, was told to take a 2nd one at night or Famotidine (Pepcid) 20mg at night.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

wow - I hope that'll help. I had GERD before I had surgery - I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

4 hours ago, LaurentSyl621 said:

2 week post op and i am on puree and soft food. My GERD has been on 1000 and I cannot take it. Everything I eat flares it up.

I cannot not do puree due to having issue with consistency of foods. I know a lot of you may think its all in my head, but the graininess of it I cannot tolerate.

I was given a ricotta bake recipe which was amazing. I was wondering if anyone had any to share?

Had my first post op appointment yesterday, down to 315 from 339 the day of surgery. I want to continue this downward trend without any problems, but eating has become a serious pain and I feel like I'm heading to a point with I might develop a fear of eating.

So please please please, if any one has any recipes I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to the food & nutrition board then recipes broken down for your stage.

3 hours ago, Tim C said:

Go to the food & nutrition board then recipes broken down for your stage.

Good idea! The other place is the blog called "The World According to Eggface". She's a long-time bariatric patient who's been very involved in the bariatric community for many years. AND...she loves cooking. She also has a lot of recipes on her site for all stages.

Haven't tried these yet myself but here is what was in my binder of info from my docs office for the Blended/Pureed Foods Stage

Ham & Eggs

1 slice (1 oz) ham
2 soft cooked eggs
1 cup (8 oz) warm low fat milk

Trim fat from ham and put into blender. Process for 2 cycles at "chop". Add the eggs. Process for 1 cycle at "mix. Add milk and blend until smooth.

Poached Eggs

2 poached eggs
1 cup (8 oz) warm low fat milk

Put all ingredients in blender. Cover and process for 2 cycles on blend.

Beef Stew

1 cup (8 oz) cooked beef stew
1 cup (8 oz) beef bouillon

Combine ingredients in blender. Process for 1 cycle on "mix". 1 cycle on "puree" and 1 cycle on "blend".

Turkey Dinner

3 oz cooked turkey
1/2 cup (4 oz) cooked cauliflower, butternut squash, or sweet potato (with no added fat)
1 up (8 oz) hot Water or turkey broth

Combine turkey and potatoes in blender. Process 2 cycles at "chop". Gradually add in liquid. You may not need the whole cup. Process for 3 cycles on "blend".

Roast Beef

3 oz cooked roast beef
1/2 cup (4 oz) cooked cauliflower without added fat
1/4 (4 oz) broth

Put meat i blender. Process for 2 cycles on "chop". Add remaining ingredients and process at "stir" for 1 cycle and "blend" for 2 cycles.

Spaghetti and Meatballs

2-3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
2-3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
1-2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
2 cooked meatballs
1 egg or 2 egg whites
1/2 cup (4 oz) spaghetti sauce
Seasonings to taste

Combine all ingredients in blender. Process 2 cycles on "chop" and 2 cycles on "blend". Spoon 1/4 cup (2 oz) of mixture into muffin pan and bake at 350* for 35 mins.

Cream of Pea Soup

1 cup (8 oz) of cooked peas (hot)
1 cup (8 oz) of hot low fat milk
1 teaspoon of margarine
Seasonings to taste

Process the peas for 1 cycle on "puree". Add remaining ingredients. Process for 1 cycle on "mix" and 2 cycles on "blend".

Vegetable Velvet

1/2 cup (4 oz) diced, cooked and seasoned vegetables
4-6 tablespoons of cooking liquid, broth or low fat milk

Place all ingredients in blender and process on "liquefy" (high) for 1-2 cycles or until smooth.

Cheesy fruit Salad

1 cup (8 oz) low fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup (4 oz) canned fruit in it's own juice
1/2 cup (4 oz) water

Place ingredients in blender and process on "liquefy" (high) until smooth.

Gelatin Fluff

1 pkg sugar free Gelatin (any flavor, 4 servings)
1 cup (8 oz) low fat cottage cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Prepare the gelatin as directed. Cool in fridge but remove before it sets. When cool, blend with the cottage cheese. Blend until smooth. Pour into a container, cover, and chill until set.

Cottage Cheese Pudding

2 cups (16 oz) low fat cottage cheese
1 cup (8 oz) low fat milk
1 box sugar free pudding any flavor

Put cottage cheese and milk in blender and blend for 1 min or until thick and creamy. Add pudding mix and blend until thoroughly blended. Divide into 4 equal portions. You can also use mixture to layer with fruit or parfait