Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin issues after RNY

Ahh. Five Mike Creek was totally fictional & I hate to say it but it was also ‘americanised’ A lot of Australian movies & tv programs were then so they would be relatable to the American audience. Language was changed, accents exaggerated, even cars on the wrong side of the road, etc. While it lead to an increase in American tourists, it also resulted in a lot of disappointment because the real Australia wasn’t like the version in movies & tv programs. There aren’t kangaroos hopping down the streets. We don’t greet each other by saying giddy mate. We don’t all wear Akubras. And it’s almost 2500km (1500 miles) from Sydney to the Great Barrier Reef. And we don’t all drink beer.

You made me laugh! I didn’t really believe that stuff either, but don’t you believe everything about us here in the states, either! I’ve been around long enough I know pretty much not to believe everything I hear, and I expect you are the same.
I talked to my dr. today about the HRT, and unless I’m pretty severe in my symptoms she doesn’t recommend it, especially with blood clots in the family. If I get any worse I’ll go to a gynecologist and get it thru them. But i don’t think I’m too bad yet. I’ll be spending time camping with my sisters in May, and I’ll see how my reactions are then! Lol I love them, but in close quarters for a week, and me being the baby (at 69) of us 3 I never do anything right, so this will be a great test if this surgery has stirred up my hormones being around them.
Well Aussie friend hope you have a good day!

While I know nothing about the skin issues I can comment be on the Hair loss. Biotin 5000 daily is still my hair best friend a dozen years post op.

Hair loss is common within the first six months post op as others have already explained. For me the hair loss slowed but never completely stopped. I take my Vitamins religiously and have no nutritional deficiencies. Nonetheless, biotin is a must or the hair loss starts again.

MSW

Thanks so much for sharing that with me!! I don’t have much hair left to lose anymore!! Lol I can see a big diff in my hair and I’m on 10,000 units of Biotin. It’s been 6 mos. today so maybe it will slow down soon. Cant go much longer!!!😖😥but thanks again! I appreciate that and it gives me some hope.

9 hours ago, MSWDiet said:

While I know nothing about the skin issues I can comment be on the Hair loss. Biotin 5000 daily is still my hair best friend a dozen years post op.

Hair loss is common within the first six months post op as others have already explained. For me the hair loss slowed but never completely stopped. I take my Vitamins religiously and have no nutritional deficiencies. Nonetheless, Biotin is a must or the hair loss starts again.

MSW

I wanted to ask you something- you said you had your surgery 12 years ago- have you had any complications ? Are you still keeping your weight off? Are you still glad you had the operation? Hope you don’t mind me asking- I just wonder what it will be like for me 12 years down the road. I’d appreciate hearing your insight! Thanks again!!

I wanted to ask you something- you said you had your surgery 12 years ago- have you had any complications ? Are you still keeping your weight off? Are you still glad you had the operation? Hope you don’t mind me asking- I just wonder what it will be like for me 12 years down the road. I’d appreciate hearing your insight! Thanks again!!

Thanks for asking [emoji846]

Every day I have GRATITUDE for having had weight loss surgery. No surgical complications. No surgery related problems short or long term.

I have medical issues unrelated to obesity that frustrated my weight loss. It took a long time but I made it below my surgeons goal to ensure a "normal" BMI.

I struggled with the usual ups and downs you can expect over the years. Overall, I'm maintaining. There is no way I will allow myself to go backwards.

Pre wls I wore 18/20/2x in most brands. At my personal goal weight I wear 0/2/4 at Gap/ Old Navy. Today I can't wear my size 0 jeans but I'm working my way back into them. My un breakable rule of maintenance is Never, Ever Buy A Larger Size.

This keeps re gain in check. I shop with a tape measure to ensure consistency between brands. I consciously work on my disfunctional eating to address what surgery cannot.

I hope my story is helpful.

MSW

2 hours ago, MSWDiet said:

Thanks for asking

Every day I have GRATITUDE for having had weight loss surgery. No surgical complications. No surgery related problems short or long term.

I have medical issues unrelated to obesity that frustrated my weight loss. It took a long time but I made it below my surgeons goal to ensure a "normal" BMI.

I struggled with the usual ups and downs you can expect over the years. Overall, I'm maintaining. There is no way I will allow myself to go backwards.

Pre wls I wore 18/20/2x in most brands. At my personal goal weight I wear 0/2/4 at Gap/ Old Navy. Today I can't wear my size 0 jeans but I'm working my way back into them. My un breakable rule of maintenance is Never, Ever Buy A Larger Size.

This keeps re gain in check. I shop with a tape measure to ensure consistency between brands. I consciously work on my disfunctional eating to address what surgery cannot.

I hope my story is helpful.

MSW

Wow!!! I sure hope I’m strong enough to keep my weight off. I still have 25-30 lbs. yet to go, but I’m just happy to be where I’m at now! I was in the same sizes you were in before surgery,and I can’t imagine being in a zero or even a 2!! You are amazing!! I’m so glad to read your surgical health has been good, too. On this site I’ve read so many that have had to have multiple surgeries. I don’t know if that was from the Sleeve surgery or the bypass (RNY), which is what I had. Thank you for your inspiration for keeping on going on. You are amazing, and I hope I can do the same.