Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hang in there! It happens to everyone!! Only suggestion is patience!

yeah - its normal. I just commented on another post about the week 3 stall. Keep doing what you are doing and your body will adjust and start losing more weight.

My first stall started after 4.5 weeks, and my worst one started after about 2 months and lasted 3 weeks. Stalls happen to everyone. Telling you that probably won't erase your anxiety though...

I remember my really long stall after 2 months was at exactly my lowest adult weight, where I had stalled out for nearly a year when trying to lose weight "normally" in my 20s. All I could think was that I must have reached the lowest I could ever get, so why did I bother to get my insides cut open? But I kept at it, and after losing almost nothing in my 3rd month, I lost 12 lbs in my 4th month.

Just keep trucking on! As long as you don't use it as an excuse to ruin your diet, the weight loss will return!

What to do? Keep on keeping on. I’m a very slow loser and I try not to get too bothered by it. I try to treat stalls as a breather for my body to adjust to body changes. Patience! (This is to me as well as you) 😉

I am 5 weeks post-op and I'm following all the rules; Protein, Water, nd exercise and I've only lost 1 pound in the last week. Suggestions?
Sent from my Pixel 3a using BariatricPal mobile app

So how are you doing now?
I came across this thread bc I am actually 5 weeks today and lost only like 15 if that. I haven't exactly been the "best" patient though...going through some family/marital issues and got off track so I'm sure that has alot to do with my amount but I'm hoping to get back on track asap and hopefully lose some more. Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/20/2021 at 01:55, Christina Phillips said:

So how are you doing now?
I came across this thread bc I am actually 5 weeks today and lost only like 15 if that. I haven't exactly been the "best" patient though...going through some family/marital issues and got off track so I'm sure that has alot to do with my amount but I'm hoping to get back on track asap and hopefully lose some more. Lol

I’m 4 weeks I day post op, and have only lost 11 pounds. I don’t know WHAT I’m doing wrong.

I’m 4 weeks I day post op, and have only lost 11 pounds. I don’t know WHAT I’m doing wrong.
I totally get it. It's frustrating [emoji19] I tried walking today and I'm just blah like ehhh I hate this. I wish I enjoyed it the way I want to! My dr wants me to be doing 10miles in a week! I can't even do 1 mile a day without my hips and upper thighs hurting! My right one especially really bothers me idk why....

34 minutes ago, Christina Phillips said:

I totally get it. It's frustrating I tried walking today and I'm just blah like ehhh I hate this. I wish I enjoyed it the way I want to! My dr wants me to be doing 10miles in a week! I can't even do 1 mile a day without my hips and upper thighs hurting! My right one especially really bothers me idk why....

I am walking, at the gym on a treadmill for an hour a day, until this past Friday, I started "resistance" training. I went back to work yesterday, so I will get my "steps" in there. I am afraid the doc will be ugly to me at my 6 week check-up coming up. But I had been losing consistently before surgery. I had lost an average of 10 pounds a month since January. So I THINK that I had already "cut my calories" down so much that THIS low of calories isn't cutting it anymore. I am trying the resistance training in hopes of "burning" some of this fat! lol. I was losing WAY more before surgery!