Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

After having followed the site for some time, I am posting here for the first time to get some advise!

Height - 4'11

HW - 222

Current Weight - 215

My surgeon has given me both options - Sleeve OR Bypass!

I don't have any GERD issue or anything that may tilt the balance on one or the other. So can I please get some advise so I can make up my mind on what to choose?! I have PCOS and I want to lose about 100 pounds for my PCOS related side effects to come to a good halt. So maximum weight loss or as much as I can is definitely a key for me. Hence I was thinking *Bypass*, but then I have also followed some posters here and they have lost the same amount with Sleeve too!

I would preferred Sleeve too because of little less side effects in future. But then I also don't want to get Sleeved and then not lose the desired weight, having to regret the decision not to have picked Bypass.

I have also read how average weight loss is more or less similar to both in the 5 yr study, so why do some pick *Bypass* over *Sleeve*?!

Any advise would be great so I don't pendulum on the options and pick one of the two!

Edited by DaisyAndSunshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Hi there,

After having followed the site for some time, I am posting here for the first time to get some advise!

Height - 4'11

HW - 222

Current Weight - 215

My surgeon has given me both options - Sleeve OR Bypass!

I don't have any GERD issue or anything that may tilt the balance on one or the other. So can I please get some advise so I can make up my mind on what to choose?! I have PCOS and I want to lose about 100 pounds for my PCOS related side effects to come to a good halt. So maximum weight loss or as much as I can is definitely a key for me. Hence I was thinking *Bypass*, but then I have also followed some posters here and they have lost the same amount with Sleeve too!

I would preferred Sleeve too because of little less side effects in future. But then I also don't want to get Sleeved and then not lose the desired weight, having to regret the decision not to have picked Bypass.

I have also read how average weight loss is more or less similar to both in the 5 yr study, so why do some pick *Bypass* over *Sleeve*?!

Any advise would be great so I don't pendulum on the options and pick one of the two!

Hi @DaisyAndSunshine I also have pcos and after continous research i chose gastric bypass. The weight loss is more permanent with the bypass and I dont have to worry about becoming diabetic. But good luck with your decision and just look into stories of females with pcos that had weight loss surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MizzKay said:

Hi @DaisyAndSunshine I also have pcos and after continous research i chose gastric bypass. The weight loss is more permanent with the bypass and I dont have to worry about becoming diabetic. But good luck with your decision and just look into stories of females with pcos that had weight loss surgery.

Hey thanks for the feedback - Yeh I have been reading into stories of many PCOSers and about Bypass vs Sleeve. I think data also shows long term success with Bypass is better with Sleeves esp if you have some hormonal setback. So I think I'll stick to Bypass for now! It gives me more of the positive vibe and lack of regret which I may have with Sleeve if things don't go as planned! At least with Bypass I won't have that regret of "I could have chosen Bypass"!

Ofc Bypass comes with its own setback and side effects, but I think I am comfortable taking the chance!

Do you have your surgery scheduled already?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Hey thanks for the feedback - Yeh I have been reading into stories of many PCOSers and about Bypass vs Sleeve. I think data also shows long term success with Bypass is better with Sleeves esp if you have some hormonal setback. So I think I'll stick to Bypass for now! It gives me more of the positive vibe and lack of regret which I may have with Sleeve if things don't go as planned! At least with Bypass I won't have that regret of "I could have chosen Bypass"!

Ofc Bypass comes with its own setback and side effects, but I think I am comfortable taking the chance!

Do you have your surgery scheduled already?!

Yea i was thinking that too. My surgery date is 04/29 @ 7:30am. I wish it was sooner. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MizzKay said:

Yea i was thinking that too. My surgery date is 04/29 @ 7:30am. I wish it was sooner. Lol

Nice and Good Luck! 🤗

We are almost close - Mine is scheduled for May the 3rd!

And yes I wish it was sooner too and I wish I was more proactive. Right now we are under lockdown again for a month thanks to the third wave - So hoping nothing gets postponed and surgery goes successfully without anymore delays!

Stay in touch - Hope we can come out of this vicious PCOS circle and no more or at least very limited horrendous side effects!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

Nice and Good Luck! 🤗

We are almost close - Mine is scheduled for May the 3rd!

And yes I wish it was sooner too and I wish I was more proactive. Right now we are under lockdown again for a month thanks to the third wave - So hoping nothing gets postponed and surgery goes successfully without anymore delays!

Stay in touch - Hope we can come out of this vicious PCOS circle and no more or at least very limited horrendous side effects!

Amen to that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×