Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain when eating

I was banded on Sept. 27 of this year. I will be going to get my 3rd fill Friday. Seems like I can eat and eat. I am hoping this gets better. I have been eating everything in the house like a normal person. Will this change. I lost 3o lbs. If I continue will gain instead of loose. I am not understanding , seems I have less restriction than I had when I got the fill...Help !!!

I have stalled this week myself, but I know exactly what it is. I am eating things I shouldn't. I am not eating things that fall outside of the puree/soft phase (because that is where I am right now), but chocolate melts in your mouth and goes down like liquid, petit fores melt in your mouth and once chewed are like puree.

I know exactly what my problem is, I have little restriction, I eat to fast, take bigger bites then I should, eat a bit more than I should when I am actually eating, and I have binged a bit on chocolate. I do feel hungry and I am having a hard time figuring out the head hunger thing, so I am cheating. But I am being honest with myself, I know what I am doing wrong and I know what I need to do to get it right.

This may sound offensive, and I truly don't want to offend anyone, but if you really look deep into your mind and your behavior, you know why you are not losing weight or possibly gaining. Just because we can fit the food, doesn't mean we should eat it.

I can't blame my stall on anyone or anything (the band), I am making the decisions here, I am sticking stuff in my face and I am not making myself move (work-out, walk, burn calories).

It is my fault.... Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings.... :speechles

I have ahd some similar experience with the being stuck this past week on broccoli that was cooked very well. I thought I had chewed it well enough but nope swallowed then when to took the bite of fish and swallowed WHAM.....stuck...and oh the pain and the feeling of what do I do now.....it feels like not being able to breath.......expcept in my food pipe....LOL Does that makes sense to anyone?

I have stuck to my diet strictly....not allowed to go to regular diet until Monday. Still on the mushie stage, I have to admit that I thought I would see more weight off....but I have to stop being hard like this. I had surgery 4 weeks ago and I am down 2 pant sizes and fitting into clothes I have not had on in years.

I will know for sure on Tuesday morning what the official weightloss has been for me. I am imagining somewhere around 25 pounds since my pre-op appointment. I can't expect to loose like this forever.....it is going to slow down. But I have not even begun to go back to the gym either I am waiting for the ok to get back in the Water.

So we need to be easier on ourselves here. I know I was told the band is a much slower process than bypass and they mean that.......I want the weight to come off slowly so that my skin will recover. I think that is why people have so much loose skin with bypass.......they loose it so darn fast the skin can't recover.

We all have issues as to why we ate the way we did before surgery. But for us to get our arms around the BAND we have to change those habits and reasons. We have to create better habits and healthier life styles. Like getting off our butts and moving......this is first and foremost, we cannot expect the BAND to do all the work for us....it is afterall a tool.

I have been using fitday.com to log everything I put into my mouth it helps to see where your calories are or arn't. I plan on being a success and that means using baby spoons when I eat and measuring every meal that I have until I reach my goal.....and am maintaing it. Then perhaps I will graduate to eating by eyeballing things.....but I doubt it....I think measuring and being certain not to overeat will just be part of my life.

I was told no more than three ounces EVER.....for a meal......I know some bandsters in my local support group that are 4 years out that eat 4-5 but no more than that. When you do you will see the weight start to creep up again.

I told myself this morning after raiding my closet and fitting into a favorite pair of pants again, that this is all worth it.....my DH smiled and asked me so it was worth it....and I so oh HELL YEAH!!!!!

COngratulations to all of us who are on the journey together....we CAN MAKE IT!!! One date at a time.....:P One Pound at a time:clap2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches