Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

please share the name brand of the Vitamins you take especially calcium citrate. I’m just 3 weeks out and having a hard time finding vitamins I like and capsules don’t sit right with me right now.

I took BariMelts calcium citrate for the first 6 weeks after surgery. Then I switched to BariatricPal Calcium citrate soft chews and I LOVE the Belgian chocolate caramel and French vanilla caramel. I consider them a daily treat. The strawberry watermelon soft chews are ok but not as delicious as the caramel ones.

I currently take Citrical petites 1x/day (2 pills) and the soft chews 2x/day (just because the Citrical is a lot cheaper and has no calories... but I love the soft chews so much that I don't want to give them up).

For the Multivitamin, I took Barimelts for the first 6 weeks after surgery and then switched to BariatricPal MultivitaminOne chewable. I did not care for the taste of that. I currently take BariatricPal MultivitaminOne capsules with 45 mg Iron. They are an excellent price for a bariatric multivitamin. Some people take regular drugstore Vitamins, but keep in mind that you have to take two of those, so they come out to about the same price as BariatricPal MultivitaminOne. I also take an additional iron supplement (Nutricost iron chelate, purchased on Amazon) because I was iron-deficient.

I also take NatureMade sublingual B-12 (it's cherry flavored) and Natrol Biotin (strawberry flavored, tastes like candy!). And a prescription Vitamin D3.

Edited by BigSue
Added other vitamin info

Well, my opinion has always been that I don't want surgery to become expensive and cumbersome, so I buy my Vitamins at Walmart and my 3 month post-op lab work came back perfect. I take one Centrum Chewy fruit 50+, 2 Viactiv calcium chews, one NatureMade 65 mg Iron, one NatureMade sublingual B12 every other day and one Easy Melt sublingual Zinc every other day. My surgeon was happy with my lab results and told me to just keep doing what I'm doing. So I usually buy the NatureMade at the local grocery store when they are BOGO so my Vitamin regime is very inexpensive but more than adequate.

I take the caramel Bariatric citrate chews and the mixed berry Vitamin chews I believe the brand is Bariatric Fusion. At first I really enjoyed them now I cannot stand the taste. I was taking barimelts for calcium citrate and Vitamins but I started hating those as well. I just to find something that I can tolerate. I asked about the patch but the doc said no ☹️. I guess I’ll keep taking the chewables for now aargh.

2 hours ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

I take the caramel Bariatric citrate chews and the mixed berry Vitamin chews I believe the brand is Bariatric Fusion. At first I really enjoyed them now I cannot stand the taste. I was taking BariMelts for calcium citrate and Vitamins but I started hating those as well. I just to find something that I can tolerate. I asked about the patch but the doc said no ☹️. I guess I’ll keep taking the chewables for now aargh.

What does your meal plan look like are you eating 2oz?

4 hours ago, mae7365 said:

Well, my opinion has always been that I don't want surgery to become expensive and cumbersome, so I buy my Vitamins at Walmart and my 3 month post-op lab work came back perfect. I take one Centrum Chewy fruit 50+, 2 Viactiv calcium chews, one NatureMade 65 mg Iron, one NatureMade sublingual B12 every other day and one Easy Melt sublingual Zinc every other day. My surgeon was happy with my lab results and told me to just keep doing what I'm doing. So I usually buy the NatureMade at the local grocery store when they are BOGO so my Vitamin regime is very inexpensive but more than adequate.

Thank you so much the bariatric stuff is disgusting

16 minutes ago, Chantrella said:

What does your meal plan look like are you eating 2oz?

Yes I’m only getting about 300-400 calories in and that’s on a good day. if I try I can eat about 3 oz of meat in one sitting but don’t have room for anything else. I’m really trying but it is hard!

4 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

Yes I’m only getting about 300-400 calories in and that’s on a good day. if I try I can eat about 3 oz of meat in one sitting but don’t have room for anything else. I’m really trying but it is hard!

Omg!!! You’re on to meat! You’re so blessed Sunday I start cooked green Beans, spinach, pinto beans and that’s it. Then the week after that I add melba toast.

For my multi's with Iron (I take 1 a day) I take Bariatric Complete orange flavored (NEVER get berry flavored. It tastes like berry flavored dog food. The orange is like a stronger orange flinstone Vitamin flavor wise) They are $19.99 on the site I buy them on and I always get an extra bottle for $15.00 and since shipping is $5 on that site the extra bottle essentially makes it seem like free shipping lol. They come in a bottle of 60 Vitamins. For my multi's WITHOUT iron (I take two of these a day) I take Celebrate grape flavored and they are $46.15 on Amazon for 180 vitamins. For my calcium citrate I take Celebrate (the chewable tablet ones NOT the chewy ones) I have bought both the cherry tarte flavor and the berries and cream flavor and prefer the cherry tarte one because it tastes like a large sweetart (though I do plan on trying the orange burst flavored one as well and plan on ordering that when I order vitamins next). I've actually tried several different vitamin brands and these are just preferred (the Calcium for the price as it's $54.95 for 270 tablets on Amazon verses buying the chewy ones for thirty odd dollars and only getting 90 vitamins. It's the better deal to go for the Celebrate chewable tablets that I buy. And they actually taste good so...). I also buy ezmelts brand Vitamin A (it's strawberry flavored) and you get 60 vitamins for $17.99.