Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

5 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Attention April 2021 Sleevers,

This message is for everyone who had surgery last year in 2021...last year April sleevers. Tomorrow is April 1, 2022. For those of us who had surgery last year in April 2021, we are getting ready to have our one year surgerversaries! Can you believe it!! One full year post surgery!

How's everyone from April 2021 doing?

I'm still doing ok. I have maintained my goal for the past 4 months. Still have restriction. I still dont drink and eat at the same time. Still eat according to my plan. Still only my surgery team, my friend who helped with me during recovery, and the therapist who I met with - those are the only three people who know I had surgery. My labs are good. sleep apnea gone. BP pill gone. Libido gone too, lol. Overall, I'm good.

Welcome to April and I wish everyone a great ONE YEAR surgerversary! 🤗👍🙋‍♀️

Hi there, I am 1 year out 4/15 Physically I am doing great all the meds gone walking 1-2 miles a day. Bad thing is I am still 12 pounds away from my goal and no matter what I do I can't get past this. I talked to my surgeon he said cut back on more calories but still hasn't helped. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

On 4/1/2022 at 1:32 AM, Cherylanne22 said:

Hi there, I am 1 year out 4/15 Physically I am doing great all the meds gone walking 1-2 miles a day. Bad thing is I am still 12 pounds away from my goal and no matter what I do I can't get past this. I talked to my surgeon he said cut back on more calories but still hasn't helped. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Congrats on all your progress. Any plans to do anything to acknowledge your progress and surgerversary?

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty losing those last 12 pounds. I'm not sure I can be helpful with suggestions since it sounds like you have tried many things so far. I would say making a change to exercise or food intake, but I'm guessing that you've done both in different ways so far.

I did not have a weight goal when I started my process. My goal was no CPAP and BP pills. A specific number for the scale was NOT on my motivation list. When I got rid of the CPAP, I was thrilled. Exact weight wise, my body kind of chose a slowing point for weight loss. I started to see myself as smaller and felt ok with the size. I actually became concerned about not wanting to get smaller because did not want to look sick or be too little since that's not really me. I then looked at the number on the scale and chose what I thought was a good buffer weight since weight will fluctuate by a few pounds as we are living life. So, I picked the number that way. I was only like 3 pounds away from that selected goal weight at that time. I kept eating by the plan from my surgery program and I lost those 3 pounds to hit the goal weight. I think that took maybe around a month or so. It was slower at that point as my body had found its resting point. I was fine with that. I will say that I've lost 3 more pounds since getting to my goal weight. That's fine with me. Gives me more space for fluctuating. I still eat according to plan. I weigh every morning without any emotional distress. It holds me accountable for anything I did the prior day. I'm saying all this to just say that perhaps you can Celebrate success where you are. I read so many people post goal weights here and how some struggle with frustration at times due to difficulty getting to that exact number. Perhaps that's not the best strategy. Just my thought. Like if I weighed 5 pounds more, would I be ok with that. Yep. Just sharing so maybe you can have less frustration about where you are. Sounds like you did great. Congrats! 🤗🙋‍♀️👍

On 2/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, NurseShannon77 said:

I’ve had a rough row to hoe since October. I wound up in an Ulcerative Colitis flare in October that lead into not one, but two hospitalizations with autoimmune pancreatitis. That’s been fun! Now I’m dealing with a possible ulcer in my pouch since I’m on steroids for the UC and I ran out of protonix two weeks ago and the OTC omeprazole isn’t nearly as good as the protonix.

So my surgery weight was 251 pounds on 4/23/21. I’m down to 137-140 range. I like where I am and I want to maintain this weight.

I hope that you are doing better. Congrats on your 100+ weight loss. You are at 11 months now. Almost at your 1 year mark in a few weeks. Are you planning to do anything to Celebrate? I'm deciding how to acknowledge this huge success 😁 wondering what people are thinking about.

My surgery gastric bypass was on April 14th 2021 so 12 more days until my year anniversary stared at 237 down to 140 done pretty good with surgery except for a couple of bouts with gastritis

Edited by weberr24

4 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Congrats on all your progress. Any plans to do anything to acknowledge your progress and surgerversary?

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty losing those last 12 pounds. I'm not sure I can be helpful with suggestions since it sounds like you have tried many things so far. I would say making a change to exercise or food intake, but I'm guessing that you've done both in different ways so far.

I did not have a weight goal when I started my process. My goal was no CPAP and BP pills. A specific number for the scale was NOT on my motivation list. When I got rid of the CPAP, I was thrilled. Exact weight wise, my body kind of chose a slowing point for weight loss. I started to see myself as smaller and felt ok with the size. I actually became concerned about not wanting to get smaller because did not want to look sick or be too little since that's not really me. I then looked at the number on the scale and chose what I thought was a good buffer weight since weight will fluctuate by a few pounds as we are living life. So, I picked the number that way. I was only like 3 pounds away from that selected goal weight at that time. I kept eating by the plan from my surgery program and I lost those 3 pounds to hit the goal weight. I think that took maybe around a month or so. It was slower at that point as my body had found its resting point. I was fine with that. I will say that I've lost 3 more pounds since getting to my goal weight. That's fine with me. Gives me more space for fluctuating. I still eat according to plan. I weigh every morning without any emotional distress. It holds me accountable for anything I did the prior day. I'm saying all this to just say that perhaps you can Celebrate success where you are. I read so many people post goal weights here and how some struggle with frustration at times due to difficulty getting to that exact number. Perhaps that's not the best strategy. Just my thought. Like if I weighed 5 pounds more, would I be ok with that. Yep. Just sharing so maybe you can have less frustration about where you are. Sounds like you did great. Congrats! 🤗🙋‍♀️👍

Thanks so much on the great reply. I have been telling everyone from the start that it's not so much how much weight I have lost but how I feel and what I can do differently now. And as for all that I am 100 percent there 😁, but looking at everyone's posts over a year post surg I let my mind go there where I feel it's not enough 🤔. I am still working on the balance and I will definitely Celebrate my goals so far, no diabetic meds, no heart meds. Ect. Congrats on all your accomplishments 🤜🤛👍🙌.

Surgery next week on the eighth just now starting clear liquid diet wondering if I should reschedule

17 hours ago, Lyric on A journey said:

Surgery next week on the eighth just now starting clear liquid diet wondering if I should reschedule

Good luck to you. People in this thread had surgery last year, in April 2021. We are getting ready to Celebrate our one year surgerversaries. There is an April 2022 thread for folks who are getting ready to have surgery this April. I'm sure some of them can relate to your thoughts about rescheduling. There are lots of great threads on here to help you prepare and work through the process. Good luck.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, Cherylanne22 said:

Thanks so much on the great reply. I have been telling everyone from the start that it's not so much how much weight I have lost but how I feel and what I can do differently now. And as for all that I am 100 percent there 😁, but looking at everyone's posts over a year post surg I let my mind go there where I feel it's not enough 🤔. I am still working on the balance and I will definitely Celebrate my goals so far, no diabetic meds, no heart meds. Ect. Congrats on all your accomplishments 🤜🤛👍🙌.

You are one year in and have accomplish so much. No need to pay attention to goals other people set on here. We all have our own journey, reason for the surgery, commitment level, recovery process, etc. Continue to focus on how you feel and what you can do differently now. Celebrate non-scale victories. Like my rings are currently being resized by the jeweler. You are almost at your one year surgerversary. Enjoy this month. Please dont waste this great time of year to focus on not seeing a specific number on the scale. 😃 congrats!!

Today is my 1 year surgiversary. It's doesn’t seem like a whole year that went so fast. I'm still dealing with a few issues but overall I am doing very good. And not doubting having the surgery at all. Take care all

Yesterday was my year anniversary lost about 100 ponds attaching a before and after pic

before surgery.jpg

after surgery.jpg