Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some Sleeve friendly foods/meals(Regular Diet) at chain restaurants and FF Restaurant?s



Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

My wife loves to go out to eat. She does not have a weight problem at all...just enjoys the process. I hve to eat out when I travel on business a few days each month pre Covid. One I get the vaccine I will travel some again...just not yet.

I share meals with my husband, maybe she'll share with you. Take a Protein Bar with you and sit with her. I understand eating out is the most social thing we do. But try not to eat FF, if you want fillers find Protein Bars you like and have one. Drinkable Protein Shakes, add a piece of cheese if it feels it's not enough. My husband always laughs because I always have "pocket cheese" 1 ounce tillamok cheddar squares with me everywhere (just in case i happen to get hungry) Or 1 mozzarella string cheese.

Everyone just wants you to be successful- I have had Taco Bell - 1 taco bell supreme taco without shell and they put it in a bowl for me. I've tried to have 2 but never can finish it. I've had cheeseburger without bun from McDonald's as well. I ordered from kids menu from Red Robin had grilled chicken fingers (which was just cut up grilled chicken breast) Other than that I don't eat fast food. Out on the road there are so many Protein shakes which will give you 30 grams of protein that are so much better as a lunch option. But if you don't think it will work for you, then it won't.

Lasting life changes. I'm still only a year into this and I drink either protein Water or protein collagen water every day as a meal. On my yearly check up which was 2 weeks ago surgeon was impressed with my blood work all levels great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife is not much of a FF fan. Chick Fil A is about it for her. She wants to be seted and served. Yeah I will tag a long and get an appetizer or salad. Just not a big deal to me but she likes it so we will go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tim C said:

My wife is not much of a FF fan. Chick Fil A is about it for her. She wants to be seted and served. Yeah I will tag a long and get an appetizer or salad. Just not a big deal to me but she likes it so we will go!

Yeah I meant when I go out (um I live in California we're still pretty much locked down still we do have some outside dinning, so really we've been out like maybe 5 times in 2020 since I've had surgery) I share his meal, I don't know if you noticed but just about any restaurant you go to has a full days of calories in them with all the sides and whatnot in one meal. So I guess if she doesn't want to share then yeah an appetizer is good but you'll still need a box I think - never force yourself to eat more than you need. I also get that your a 6ft man and I am a 5'2ft woman. But hubby and I've shared meals and he never feels deprived of getting enough food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never underestimate checking gas stations when you're in a crunch. I've found hard boiled eggs in single packages with the little salt and pepper packet. The weird little protien packs that have cheese and meat and nuts are handy in a pinch. Sometimes gas stations have single serve Soups and microwaves youc an use...I've had a bowl of split pea on the run this way. Subway will do salads, too, with the meat and cheese and fixings in a dish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't do much fast food these days, or even before, but what I preferred when I needed to during my early days - loss phase and early maintenance - was a Chipotle order of soft tacos, whatever fillings you like but I biased it toward the basic meat, cheese and veg. Early on just ate the filling out of the tortilla, but later included that, too (I never was big on the low carb game - just give me nutrition.) One taco was enough, and I would save the other two for future meals.

Generally when we ate out we went to regular restaurants, more often independents rather than chains, and just ordered the healthiest things that looked good on their menu - nothing really special as ?bariatric food" - and split things up to take home the leftovers. Even today, ten years out (call it 16 for my wife) it is disappointing not to get two or three meals out of a typical restaurant meal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't rule out Protein Powder for drinks when you are traveling. The single serving pouches stuffed into a mixing bottle is a great way to go during the weight loss phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you, my boyfriend enjoys going to restaurants at least once a week, seat and be server. My options will be dump him or make peace with the lifestyle. He understands I went through surgery and is mindfull that the restaurant has something I can eat. Most of them have salmon/broccoli at a minimum. That's what I get, well, ahí since I live in Hawaii. I just eat how the doctor recommended, slow, small bites. Chew until the end of the world and pack the rest. Bar/restaurants are more tricky here. I just order the smallest chicken wings plate or chicken quesadilla, I ended up eating 2 wings or one triangle of the quesadilla. I pack the rest or share with the table. No big deal. Rule of thumb, Proteins first, then salad. Avoid carbs when you can. In this pic, this particular restaurant had Ahi and the side option of rice or sweet potato. I went with the sweet potatoes, got 2 bites after a few bites of ahí, I ate 3 days from this meal. :)

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago. 20210220_205748.jpg

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a Jr Bacon cheese burger on lettuce from Wendy's. At about 6 months out, that was the perfect amount for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has worked for me:
Subway -Protein Bowl
Carl’s Jr. - Beyond burger lettuce wrap
Panda Express - Grilled Teriyaki chicken & veggie side
Chipotle - Chicken Bowl, light Beans, cauliflower rice.

Any burger you can do bunless. And most Mexican restaurants can do a bowl instead of burrito.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 6:46 AM, Mr Alley Gator said:

You are to new to be trying that eating out. Best thing you can do for now is eat fresh clean food. As you move on you will be able to eat alot more selection.

I can eat anything now but it took a while. Problem is like you never hungry. I eat off the appetizer menu mostly

Shrimp Cocktail, Sushi, things that are clean and soft

FF is not in your immediate future because of the grease and fillers. Trust me you do not want to test yourself this early. It will fly right back up

I am planning for the future....not for now. I travel a few days month and will need some options when that time comes. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 12:07 PM, Ostflicka said:

Yeah I meant when I go out (um I live in California we're still pretty much locked down still we do have some outside dinning, so really we've been out like maybe 5 times in 2020 since I've had surgery) I share his meal, I don't know if you noticed but just about any restaurant you go to has a full days of calories in them with all the sides and whatnot in one meal. So I guess if she doesn't want to share then yeah an appetizer is good but you'll still need a box I think - never force yourself to eat more than you need. I also get that your a 6ft man and I am a 5'2ft woman. But hubby and I've shared meals and he never feels deprived of getting enough food.

13 hours ago, Shava said:

I hear you, my boyfriend enjoys going to restaurants at least once a week, seat and be server. My options will be dump him or make peace with the lifestyle. He understands I went through surgery and is mindfull that the restaurant has something I can eat. Most of them have salmon/broccoli at a minimum. That's what I get, well, ahí since I live in Hawaii. I just eat how the doctor recommended, slow, small bites. Chew until the end of the world and pack the rest. Bar/restaurants are more tricky here. I just order the smallest chicken wings plate or chicken quesadilla, I ended up eating 2 wings or one triangle of the quesadilla. I pack the rest or share with the table. No big deal. Rule of thumb, Proteins first, then salad. Avoid carbs when you can. In this pic, this particular restaurant had Ahi and the side option of rice or sweet potato. I went with the sweet potatoes, got 2 bites after a few bites of ahí, I ate 3 days from this meal. :)

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago. 20210220_205748.jpg

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! Looks great and good info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 6:46 AM, Mr Alley Gator said:

You are to new to be trying that eating out. Best thing you can do for now is eat fresh clean food. As you move on you will be able to eat alot more selection.

I can eat anything now but it took a while. Problem is like you never hungry. I eat off the appetizer menu mostly

Shrimp Cocktail, Sushi, things that are clean and soft

FF is not in your immediate future because of the grease and fillers. Trust me you do not want to test yourself this early. It will fly right back up

Gator, I am not talking about eating out now. I travel a few days each month and need some go to meals and places in a few weeks. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 10:56 AM, Jaye W said:

Check into Subway Protein bowls.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 11:24 AM, Tim C said:

Thanks...worth a try at some point

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 11:23 AM, Jaye W said:

Never tried any- just got coupons for them in the mail

How are you doing? Any complications since surgery? I have been able to get my liquids in easy. I have really just been drinking my Protein. I am really over the Soup and broth. I got light headed Sunday and checked BP and it was 61/42. Got back to normal in a couple of hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 11:53 AM, Ostflicka said:

I share meals with my husband, maybe she'll share with you. Take a Protein Bar with you and sit with her. I understand eating out is the most social thing we do. But try not to eat FF, if you want fillers find Protein Bars you like and have one. Drinkable Protein Shakes, add a piece of cheese if it feels it's not enough. My husband always laughs because I always have "pocket cheese" 1 ounce tillamok cheddar squares with me everywhere (just in case i happen to get hungry) Or 1 mozzarella string cheese.

Everyone just wants you to be successful- I have had Taco Bell - 1 taco bell supreme taco without shell and they put it in a bowl for me. I've tried to have 2 but never can finish it. I've had cheeseburger without bun from McDonald's as well. I ordered from kids menu from Red Robin had grilled chicken fingers (which was just cut up grilled chicken breast) Other than that I don't eat fast food. Out on the road there are so many Protein shakes which will give you 30 grams of Protein that are so much better as a lunch option. But if you don't think it will work for you, then it won't.

Lasting life changes. I'm still only a year into this and I drink either protein Water or protein collagen Water every day as a meal. On my yearly check up which was 2 weeks ago surgeon was impressed with my blood work all levels great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×