Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What should I know before a face/neck lift?

I'm 3 yrs out from surgery and my weight has been stable for 2yrs. My face and neck are driving me absolutely crazy because I now look 10yrs older than I am with a turkey neck and overall sagging skin on my face. What should I know/consider before possibly getting a face and neck lift? If you had this done were you happy with the results?

I haven’t done either but I’d def do your research on surgeons. Do lots of consults. Good luck and keeps us posted!

Have to admit I have considered a thread lift only because of the deep marionette line I have on the right side of my face. I’ve had it for ages but it’s deeper now cause I don’t have any fat to puff it out anymore. Lol!

Edited by Arabesque

A face lift was going to by my next and last plastics procedure, but based on my less-than-optimal scar healing tendencies, both me and my surgeon decided its probably not best for me. While the incisions for the face lift are supposed to be hidden in your hairline and around your ears, it would likely not be so well hidden on me. And we are talking my face, so I don't want to risk it.

Sooo....I decided I'm going the fillers route. I've been meaning to go for a proper consult for months, and reading this post spurned me into action, LOL. I've spoken to her briefly twice before when I was in for followups with my PS surgeon for scar revision. I've JUST got off the phone and booked a proper meeting for next week!

My areas of concern are my sunken under eyes, the nasolabial folds (i.e., marionette lines), and my neck. Also I am considering addressing my jaw as the last time I spoke to her she said an inject-able in my jaw will relax my muscles there (as I am a night time teeth grinder) and will result in less headaches and a less wider face. Interesting, huh?

In terms of cost, injectables are probably a little more expensive in the long run vs plastics, but its a scar thing for me. Further, most people who get face lifts, still get fillers anyway as face lifts alone don't address volume, only skin tightness.

I have seen endless amounts of before and after pictures of people with face/neck lifts with FABULOUS results.

I think your best place to start would be to book a consult (lots of places are doing virtual consults), with a surgeon to get basic info. It wouldn't have to be the surgeon you ultimately decide on, but at least you can get some info and a baseline to compare with other surgeons.

Keep us updated if you can! ❤️

Edited by ms.sss

I just joined. This is my very first post. I had RNY 18 years ago. Two years after my RNY, I had a facelift that included my turkey neck. The results were amazing. No complications. I also had my arms done. My recommendation would be to find a plastic surgeon who is skilled in removing loose skin after WLS. It does make a difference, in my opinion.