Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Pre-op diet is a b$@!:



Recommended Posts

I started my preop diet yesterday and it ain’t easy lol I stocked up on Protein Shakes and sugar free popsicles but nothing else. It is definitely doable but it’s hard not going to lie. Any one else feel this way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long do you have to do it for? I did 3 days and even that was tough! It did get easier by the third day. You got this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

I started my preop diet yesterday and it ain’t easy lol I stocked up on Protein Shakes and sugar free popsicles but nothing else. It is definitely doable but it’s hard not going to lie. Any one else feel this way?

OMG!! This is so funny! I am on it now too and it does suck. I use a bullet with a Premier Protein shake, crushed ice, scoop of Whey Protein, and Triple Zero yogart first thing every day. It gives me about 60 grams of protein in that shake. That helps quite a bit and then try to stay full of Water. The cream of anything Soups are also a staple item. Good luck...it will pass by pretty quickly.

Edited by Tim C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NiceAnkles said:

How long do you have to do it for? I did 3 days and even that was tough! It did get easier by the third day. You got this!

You’re lucky I have to do it for two weeks but I know it’s for a good reason and I am very motivated. It just sucks lol but you’re right I do have this !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tim C said:

OMG!! This is so funny! I am on it now too and it does suck. I use a bullet with a Premier Protein shake, crushed ice, scoop of whey Protein, and Triple Zero yogart first thing every day. It gives me aboy 60 grams of Protein in that shake. That helps quite a bit and then try to stay full of Water. The cream of anything Soups are also a staple item. Good luck...it will pass by pretty quickly.

Wow that Breakfast sounds awesome! I will have to try something like that, my breakfast usually consists of a Premier Protein shake and Water. Then lunch another shake and a strawberry or two. dinner is another Protein Shake 4 oz of lean meat and 1 cup of non starchy vegetables. Then I’ll end it with a sugar free popsicle. Suffice it to say I look forward to dinner! Lol I also drink 64 ounces of water so I am using the bathroom a lot as well, thank god I am still working from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

You’re lucky I have to do it for two weeks but I know it’s for a good reason and I am very motivated. It just sucks lol but you’re right I do have this !

Yes! Keep that motivation strong because you are worth it! I’d try Tim C’s super Protein Shake too. Probably help keep you feeling full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By day 3-4 you'll be in ketosis - and then it'll get much easier :) Hang in there!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh you guys are allowed to have solid food on your pre-op?! I start mine March 1st and I am not allowed to have any solid foods, so I am testing out as many liquid Soups as I can before then to make sure I like them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

Wow that Breakfast sounds awesome! I will have to try something like that, my Breakfast usually consists of a Premier Protein shake and Water. Then lunch another shake and a strawberry or two. dinner is another Protein Shake 4 oz of lean meat and 1 cup of non starchy vegetables. Then I’ll end it with a sugar free popsicle. Suffice it to say I look forward to dinner! Lol I also drink 64 ounces of Water so I am using the bathroom a lot as well, thank god I am still working from home.

mine was even worse. Two weeks of no food at all. I could have 4-5 Protein Shakes a day, plus no- or ultra-low calorie liquids. It was really tough - but it does get better by about day 3 or 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the 10th day of my liquid diet. I have to do 2 weeks. Surgery is Tuesday the 23rd. I am fed up with broths so I have moved onto orange Power Ade Zero. Mixed with my Protein Powder it tastes just like an orange creamsicle. The sugar free popsicles I have too but they taste tart to me.
Good luck on your journey. The smell of food will be overwhelming for you but then the thought of eating it will disgust you and then you will feel SO proud of yourself!! In 10 days I am down 23.6 pounds!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to follow my Weight management center's "New Direction" shakes, Soups, bar or sloppy joe meals only for 12 days and then Clear Liquids for 2 days. I just counted off everyday as one day closer to my surgery and new life. Everyone survives but it is not easy. I used a lot of healthy self talk to keep going. I have to admit when my husband made pizza the good smell was over whelming but I did not cheat at all.

Because all the foods I had to use were very high Protein I experienced the Keto "flu" by day 3-4 but it went away.

Keep your head up and maintain a good attitude. This to will pass. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

Oh my gosh you guys are allowed to have solid food on your pre-op?! I start mine March 1st and I am not allowed to have any solid foods, so I am testing out as many liquid Soups as I can before then to make sure I like them!!

Yes you are going to be so prepared!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Beccs2011 said:

I am on the 10th day of my liquid diet. I have to do 2 weeks. Surgery is Tuesday the 23rd. I am fed up with broths so I have moved onto orange Power Ade Zero. Mixed with my Protein Powder it tastes just like an orange creamsicle. The sugar free popsicles I have too but they taste tart to me.
Good luck on your journey. The smell of food will be overwhelming for you but then the thought of eating it will disgust you and then you will feel SO proud of yourself!! In 10 days I am down 23.6 pounds!!

Wow that is so awesome!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kunkelgw said:

I had to follow my Weight management center's "New Direction" shakes, Soups, bar or sloppy joe meals only for 12 days and then Clear Liquids for 2 days. I just counted off everyday as one day closer to my surgery and new life. Everyone survives but it is not easy. I used a lot of healthy self talk to keep going. I have to admit when my husband made pizza the good smell was over whelming but I did not cheat at all.

Because all the foods I had to use were very high Protein I experienced the Keto "flu" by day 3-4 but it went away.

Keep your head up and maintain a good attitude. This to will pass. 😁

Yes I know I have an end goal so that makes it a lot easier! I’m so ready for this and I am just grateful that I was able to get this surgery because no everyone could. I am definitely not going to cheat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a 2-week liquid diet (protein shakes) with no solid food at all. As others have said, it gets easier after a few days. Also, you won't feel this hungry again for months after your surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×