Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So...what's up with SALAD?

I eat salad regularly. In fact my fist meal of 'real' food after surgery (week 5, after 2 weeks of liquid and 2 weeks of mushies) was chicken and ceasar salad.< /p>

I'm now a year past surgery, have had multi-fills (am at 3.25cc in a 4cc band) and eat salad 3 or 4 times a week.

Just another example on how everyone is different regardless of restriction. My advice would be to try it, slowly, and see if it works....if it does, great, if not, scratch it off your list :)

Patricia

11/16/06

306/205/175 I think

I eat salad regularly. In fact my fist meal of 'real' food after surgery (week 5, after 2 weeks of liquid and 2 weeks of mushies) was chicken and ceasar salad.< p>I'm now a year past surgery, have had multi-fills (am at 3.25cc in a 4cc band) and eat salad 3 or 4 times a week.

Just another example on how everyone is different regardless of restriction. My advice would be to try it, slowly, and see if it works....if it does, great, if not, scratch it off your list :)

Patricia

11/16/06

306/205/175 I think

You guys rock, I was really scared...I like salad

I love salad and that is the one thing I was truly missing post op. My first meal when I got the ok to eat solids this week was a salad and I had no problems with it and so I had another small salad yesterday and once again no problems at all. I figure I will try the things that I want and like and if I have a problem then that will be the end of it but I dont want to not try something just because someone else has had a problem with it.

My DH is 2 years post op. He can eat anything except dry meat (and he likes his meat well done so grilled steak is out). He had salad for supper last night. But he chews everything very carefully.

I'll be banded this month, so I'm checking out everyone else's posts because I don't expect to be as fortunate as he. I tend to have a more sensitive stomach to start with.

My DH is 2 years post op. He can eat anything except dry meat (and he likes his meat well done so grilled steak is out). He had salad for supper last night. But he chews everything very carefully.

I'll be banded this month, so I'm checking out everyone else's posts because I don't expect to be as fortunate as he. I tend to have a more sensitive stomach to start with.

I hope nobody takes my previous post about shooting salad out my nose too seriously. I eat salad all the time, love the stuff. However, I do admit cutting wayyyy back since the "nose" incident. I guess I'm a little gun shy, or nose shy? ;)

Sometimes you don't chew as well as others and you pay the price. I paid the price, doesn't mean salad doesn't work other times or for other people.

I love salads too!!!! I get the prepackaged stredded lettuce. It is alot easier going down for me.

Wasa,

I didn't take your posting as anything but what it was intended, a personal experience that happened. :P

I do however look at posts regarding issues with the band because I really don't think I will be as fortunate as my DH. I ask him about PBing, sliming, and other things that some experience. Two years out and not once has he had those problems. Only one time has he brought something back up and that was when he was first eating the full diet. It was dry meat, maybe not chewed well enough. But he has never had stomach issues pre-op either. I on the other hand have a sensitve stomach to begin with. So I'm trying to get an idea of what to watch out for. phanvan.gif

I love salads too! I've had no problem but just started using the shredded last week. I like how that chews down easily.

My nono's are: deli meat, deviled eggs, bread, Pasta (unless it is cut up small), haven't even tried rice, some chicken.

I love salads too! I've had no problem but just started using the shredded last week. I like how that chews down easily.

My nono's are: deli meat, deviled eggs, bread, Pasta (unless it is cut up small), haven't even tried rice, some chicken.

Hey Pam..

I am ok with salads too - I really don't have any no no's - sometime salami will stick a little - but I have had toast - grilled cheese - have rice most nites - only had Pasta once in a great while and haven't in a long time - you get more rice for the calories than pasta.. I have pb'd on pudding or yogurt if eating too fast - for me that's what will bring on the pb being a little piggy and eating too fast....

I am 4 months out. I have had salad, but in small amounts. If I have too much my stomach hurts for several days. My understanding is that on raw veg's it takes the stomach longer to digest it. So, I try to stay away from it. Not worth the pain.

I have had one fill, 5cc's, and i can eat salad. (have the 14cc band)

P.S. I can eat ANYTHING - dont feel like I have a band.

I have had not problems with lettuce so far (knock on wood). I usually buy the salad mix, with the arugula, baby romanine, red lettuce. I don't get the iceberg. Not sure how that one would do with the band. I have heard that lettuce causes gas too. Never been a big fan of iceberg.

I eat salad all the time. I wasn't supposed to eat it until 6 weeks post op, but I have never ever had a problem with it.

I have had it with all sorts of raw veggies, or just spinach and chicken breast. I never experience any problems what so ever. If there are a lot of raw veggies in there, I make sure to chew them very well. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. You can chew lettuce until it's Water.