Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did The Guys Room Forum fizzle out or is it still active?

Just wondering as I did not see any recent activity. I did see alot of discussion about post op Whacker size LOL!!

Hope not. I just had my surgery on December 3rd and although I'm doing great, I can already "foresee" some challenges and struggles. I look forward to bouncing ideas and thoughts with others who are going through similar issues. I think mental is the big one.

Dave...My surgery is next week. I am looking forward to being a normal size again and have a good mind set about it. Lets do this!

Keep that mind set. As I told another member in a private chat, i'm at 2.5 months post surgery and it really feels like the hardest work is starting now. Let's not only "do this" but let's "keep this train rolling"

Why is the hardest work starting now for you? Are you hungary or what are the issues? Just curious. Trying to wrap my arms around eveything I can learn. Thanks

Yes, it is hard work, but I'm so glad I did this. I haven't been this size since college (nearly 30 years ago) and I feel like I am a new person.

I won't speak for David_L, but the hard work for me is not wasting the opportunity to lose the weight and develop habits that will stick with me for a long time. And, I don't want my old bad habits to come back. I haven't implemented weight training, but I am walking and jogging a lot and I can't afford to let things derail my progress. I have about 15 pounds to go before I feel like I have achieved my goal.

Speaking of... it is time to get in a few miles.

Edited by billho

2 things my surgeon said "the only way you fail is by ignorance and non-compliance".

Yes.. it's weird I didn't get my appetite back for about 6 weeks post surgery. I felt like I was "starving" after one of my first good work outs.. i had 2 eggs and I was stuffed. But the hunger and the "mindset" are the challenges. I was telling another guy and I'll share here.... there are reasons why we got to this size and it's up to us to figure out why and learn to change our relationship with food and other behaviors. I feel like I'm rambling but I'm pretty sure we all share some degree of this "work".

Good. Still some of us on here. I look in at the guys room from time to time, and there isn't much action there.

Bill, I see we are neighbors. I'm in Raeford, near Pinehurst

3 minutes ago, bufbills said:

Good. Still some of us on here. I look in at the guys room from time to time, and there isn't much action there.

Bill, I see we are neighbors. I'm in Raeford, near Pinehurst

I was thinking it would good to try to meet up sometime. I'm in Winston-Salem, but I am in your area from time to time (a lot more before COVID). Let me know if you happen to be heading west, though.

4 minutes ago, billho said:

I was thinking it would good to try to meet up sometime. I'm in Winston-Salem, but I am in your area from time to time (a lot more before COVID). Let me know if you happen to be heading west, though.

I go that way when I ride the bike to the "hills" Spring, Summer, and Fall. We love the mountains.