Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

I was banded Feb 6th and felt restriction immediately as well. Am now 3 weeks out and I feel I can eat anything. I am using smaller plates and mostly pureed foods (cheating a little and eating whole foods too). However, I had two plates yesterday and was still not full. Is this normal? I have not had a fill yet and will most likey not get it for another two-three weeks. I am worried that I will gain back the 23 lbs lost. Am logging my food and getting avg 1,000 calories and some days closer to 1500. Is that bad?

I was banded on 2/4 and like you had alot of restriction (i'm betting that was swelling) but now I can eat more though I keep stopping myself. I don't want to gain back the 30 pounds I have lost either:thumbdown:. I have been told that this is a time to heal not to lose weight but if you do then thats a bonus. Veteran Bandsters have told me that this is the period that sucks that most:sneaky: you have a band in and want it to start working like its supposed to but you have to wait to get your first fill. I won't be able to get my first fill until 3/29 because my DOC is ultra conservative (if most say 4 weeks he says 6) so I too will be counting my calories and making smart decisions. I just really want to get this show starting, I mean I have already come this far the waiting is killing me. Long story short I HEAR WHERE YOUR COMING FROM!!! Lets get through this thing together!!:confused:

I'm with you girls. I'm 3 weeks out, the swelling is down, the restriction is not very strong, and it is taking all my willpower to stay on plan. I'm definately able to eat more. My doc has suggested having an Atkins shake in between meals so that I will not be as hungry and will not cheat. It does work - makes it much easier.

Try to stay under 1000 calories a day! I know that is so hard (I've had a few days where I was definately over) but I just keep:

* Staying on this forum where I stay motivated

* Thinking about the $15,000 check I wrote

* Thinking about the new clothes I want to buy for summer

* Taking a bath or painting my nails when I really want to eat

* Chugging Water

Hang in there to all others in bandster hell! It will pass!

Hey all! I was banded on 2-5-08 and had my first fill on 2-26-08 (4.6 cc). I guess my doc isn't as conservative as others. Not sure if that is good or bad! Just like most of you after surgery I felt some restriction, probably due to swelling, but that went away after a couple weeks. The first few days after my fill I felt more restriction and I still feel it. Almost to the first full week after getting the fill and I am already down 2 lbs! Hang in there, you will get that restriction back and love it!!

Hi! I've just signed in for the first time. I'm a Feb.15th lap bander. Already lost over 10lbs! I have a new lap band that has a 360 degree fill. My doc called it baby blue. Also, I had a hiatal hernia repaired during my lap band surgery. Great two for one deal!! So far, i'm very much in love with my band. And, oddly, proud of my scars. Does anyone out there ride a motorcycle? I was wonderling if the vibrations would make the band slip. Does anyone know?

Good for you Mrs. Jones! :w00t: did the fill hurt or bother you in anyway?

how much food can you eat at a time? so you may have just gotten the right amount on your first fill? did you do it with flouro? come on tell us even newer newbies. lol

I my doctor is conservative i think because he is over 1000 miles away. :huggie:

weight.png

event.png

Hi Jeanie! The fill did not hurt at all. Doc numbed the area, so there was a little burn with that. He did do it with flouro, which was pretty neat! There was some bruising, well the bruising is still there, but no pain. I did feel really tired after, almost light headed, but I've read when you are nervous, which I was, this can happen.

I am eating smaller amounts of food. Usually around a cup. I was in a hurry today for lunch, which is always bad, and I had 3 chicken nuggets and a couple of fries and I was full. That is just CRAZY for me!! I LOVE IT!!! I try to eat better foods, but today it wasn't happening.

Good luck to all!!!

Ok, its been two days since my surgery and i think I did a little too much mexican sightseeing. I should have kept my butt in bed resting. the gas pains are no fun, really sharp on the shoulder (not a heart attack), and coughing really hurts, but the worst is that the pain meds that need to be chewed or dropped under my tongue taste so bad that i`d rather deal with the pain than taste that filth. at least the long plane ride will force me to stay put. not looking forward to work in three days. at least i feel full most of the time.

Hey olgi330 and congratulations! Well, you definitely need to walk to combat gas/bloating, but I can understand how you might overdo it too. I think I did that the day after my surgery -- DH and I walked around in a mall for a little while and I got pretty tired. I had liquid Lortab as a pain reliever but my anti-nausea med was the dissolve under the tongue kind and I'm glad I only had to use it twice, because it tasted horrible! It worked amazingly fast, though, which is good because the first time I took it was on the plane back home.:blink:

Today I called Dr's office, because I realized that I started solids a week early. The RN, said that it was fine as long as I as not sick. Then today we made biscuits at school. I took a bite and chewed it up really well. Then I took another bite, and something happened and I wasn't thinking about it, swallowed too big of a bite. WOWEE!! The pain was in my back. It hurt to swallow. Then I decided that I had to try to wash it down and tried to take some sips of Water. After a few minutes, it was better. They are not kidding when they said that I have to really chew my food!

I know that it is going to take some time to know my limitations, and I guess it is one of those things that you don't really know where the limitation is until you go over it.

Had a Dr appointment today and he told me I can get my 1st fill next week. Could not be soon enough for me as I don't want to overeat. I already gained 3 lbs in the last week and a half. Wish me luck that I will feel some restriction on the 1st try...

I was banded Feb 6th and felt restriction immediately as well. Am now 3 weeks out and I feel I can eat anything. I am using smaller plates and mostly pureed foods (cheating a little and eating whole foods too). However, I had two plates yesterday and was still not full. Is this normal? I have not had a fill yet and will most likey not get it for another two-three weeks. I am worried that I will gain back the 23 lbs lost. Am logging my food and getting avg 1,000 calories and some days closer to 1500. Is that bad?

I've lost 11 lbs in just one week since my surgery. I loved the fact that I'd feel the restriction, be full after a few sips of milk or a little Jello. I must be a fast healer because my physical hunger is creeping back in and I'm just starting week two tomorow :crying: I stocked up on creamy lowfat/low cal Soups but my toddler and husband have to eat real food in front of me that I cooked (although the hubby has been nice enough to eat away from me recently) I thought I would have that no-desire-to-really-eat feeling a little longer and keep this beautiful fast weight-loss going for a while. I just feel good after dropping those first 11 lbs, have to keep that in mind and white knuckle it through the cravings and old habits until I get my first fill first week of April. my sister's bridal shower is a few days before my fill. My extended family has no idea about the band, I hope they dont ask any questions.

Hi! I've just signed in for the first time. I'm a Feb.15th lap bander. Already lost over 10lbs! I have a new lap band that has a 360 degree fill. My doc called it baby blue. Also, I had a hiatal hernia repaired during my lap band surgery. Great two for one deal!! So far, i'm very much in love with my band. And, oddly, proud of my scars. Does anyone out there ride a motorcycle? I was wonderling if the vibrations would make the band slip. Does anyone know?

Hi Gone!

I ride! No the vibration won't make the band slip. The only thing that can cause slipping is repeated vomiting, PBing, etc. My doctor said I could ride as soon as four days after surgery! I didn't really feel up to it until about 10 days post op. But I'm four weeks out now and have been riding my butt off!

I ride a Harley Fat Bob. What do you ride?

Hi all, I was banded on Valentines day and I was having trouble eating the 600 calories and 60 Proteins, but I found a Protein Powder at GNC that is tasteless and I can add it to my slim fast, yogurt, and Soups and it makes great smoothies..

I am down 18 pounds and 9.5 inches, BUT, the best thing is I AM OFF MY DIABETES MEDS ...! my sugar levels have been between 98 and 110! and I have a 101/65 b/p... I will probably have a fill at 6 weeks, but so far I am not having any cravings or hunger pains...my first "meal" on puree was blending an egg with half oz. of cheese and 2 oz. of sliced ham with 2 tablespoons of milk in my Magic Bullet blender, and scrambled it..Heaven! even without toast it was the best tasting food ever!.

Carol aka Froggie in WA