Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a lot of plastic surgeons recommend that you be at a stable weight for 6-12 months before getting plastic surgery - but not all do. I think it's a good idea, though, since many of us have a 10-20 lb bounce back after hitting our lowest weight.

2 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I am almost 6 months post op, and wondering when I will be able to get a Tummy Tuck.

Technically, you can get one whenever you want. You may want to be at least be at or close to goal for optimal results, but its not a game ender.

I have read that there may be some docs who would want you to be at a stable weight for a certain amount of time...but I had 4 consults, and none of them had this requirement. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I had all my consults at 7 months post op (when I reached goal), with the intention of getting it done right away, but my chosen doc didn't have a free spot open until 6 months later, which turned out to be a good thing because I lost almost another 20 lbs by the time my surgery date came around. I'm over a year post plastics today (and weigh basically the same as the day I had plastics).

Edited by ms.sss

On 2/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I am almost 6 months post op, and wondering when I will be able to get a Tummy Tuck.

If you’re starting to think about it then this maybe the perfect time to start researching and consulting doctors with the idea that it will still may be months before you have plastics! Good Luck. ❤️

9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

If you’re starting to think about it then this maybe the perfect time to start researching and consulting doctors with the idea that it will still may be months before you have plastics! Good Luck. ❤️

^^ I was going to come back and say exactly this, but then I forgot to! Yes - it took me quite awhile to research surgeons, come up with my short list, and then arrange (and have) consults with them - and it's not too early to start doing that!

On 2/13/2021 at 7:40 PM, ms.sss said:

Technically, you can get one whenever you want. You may want to be at least be at or close to goal for optimal results, but its not a game ender.

I have read that there may be some docs who would want you to be at a stable weight for a certain amount of time...but I had 4 consults, and none of them had this requirement. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I had all my consults at 7 months post op (when I reached goal), with the intention of getting it done right away, but my chosen doc didn't have a free spot open until 6 months later, which turned out to be a good thing because I lost almost another 20 lbs by the time my surgery date came around. I'm over a year post plastics today (and weigh basically the same as the day I had plastics).

Did you have the Tummy Tuck, or a diff procedure? I don't have so much skin hanging like I thought I would. I won't require skin removal, so that is why I said tummy tuck instead. I noticed skin sagging around my hips also.

On 02/13/2021 at 16:06, HealthyLifeStyle said:

Everyone has a diff timeline on when they want to get theirs done. For me, I wanted to reach my goal weight and then keep that same weight (maintain) for a solid year. I did that and then some. I was sleeved in July 2018 and just had PS in Jan 2021. For me it was getting it off, keeping it off. I knew if I could do that then my treat to myself would be plastics. Like I said everyone has diff time lines. This is what I set for myself even before I was sleeved so I stuck to the plan.
For me it worked and I’m very happy. Good luck to you and what you decide. Keep us updated!!

4 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

Did you have the Tummy Tuck, or a diff procedure? I don't have so much skin hanging like I thought I would. I won't require skin removal, so that is why I said Tummy Tuck instead. I noticed skin sagging around my hips also.

Yes, I had a Tummy Tuck...I don't really know what other procedures there would be? Do you have something specific in mind?

Below is a Before and After of the TT. I didn't have too much hanging skin, it was more of a wrinkly cloth look right in the middle of my abdomen, as well as some lumpiness all over. After the tummy tuck (which included muscle tightening and a bit of Lipo on the flanks, you can see that the wrinkle look and lumps are gone, and my little ab muscles are visible at rest (i.e, I don't have to stretch out and flex to make them show, lol). Also, the lump in my crotch area flattened out, and the hips and front of the thighs smoothed out:

I am think I'm basically the same weight in both these pics (give or take a lb or two).

IMG_0759.thumb.jpg.244dc29e8947ff8208ce5de289260939.jpg

I had a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair at 17 months after my VSG. I hit my weight goal just about a month prior to PS. I also had a breast lift & augmentation and an arm lift. My reward after all the hard work of weight loss!