Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston Psych. Eval

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, njlimmer said:

I am almost to surgery! My date is March 3rd and I'm getting nervous. Who is your surgeon?

How are you feeling? Hope you're doing well!

On 03/09/2021 at 07:35, Emma1019 said:

How are you feeling? Hope you're doing well!

I’m doing MUCH better! I had a weird reaction to the Lovenox shot so I ended up staying for like 4 days. Then one of my incisions started draining white stuff. They ended up reopening it so it’s almost healed. I’m doing really well now though.

How are you doing?

Glad you're coming along smoothly now. How are you feeling? Hope the lbs come off easy for you!!

I'm doing ok, struggling with the clear liquid diet the past few days but surgery is Monday so YAY! Looking forward to yogurt soon!

Hi Emma and njlimminer, how was your surgery. I am trying to find a good doctor in Houston and I really don’t know where to go!!! Any advice?

Hi,

Surgery went like a breeze for me. Recovering nicely. I used Dr. Sherman Yu, everything is virtual as far as visits go for now due to covid, met him for the first time before surgery, all visits since have been virtual. I of course recommend him, very friendly and approachable. I was self pay and was fairly quick with process.

Yes TLC, it was 12,900. His fee, all nutrition classes for year, hospital, anesthesia etc. + 200 for psychological exam (virtual).

Wow, big difference. Yes call and ask Yovonne if need be. I just called and asked for self pay information and that's what I was told.

I will definitely ask for Yovonne. Did you get gastric sleeve done? I didn’t ask you!!.

Are you happy with the staff? I read so many bad reviews about staff been rude and doctor’s only taking 15 min to talk to you that I actually got scared. And bad service at the hospital. I am also interested in Dr Yu.

Yes I got the sleeve.

I didn't have any issues with staff nor the hospital (Altus). In fact Altus is small and. Altered to me well, almost pampered. Staff, including Dr. Yu have been very friendly and to the point. They get down to business, educate you, answer your questions....which is what I wanted (wasn't chatting with friends). For me, I had no issues.

Most people only write reviews when upset. Rarely do I remember to write a good review, although I'd love to get into the habit of doing so.

Perfect! Thanks so much for your help!! I will definitely contact them. I know it’s been only 2 week after your surgery (based on your previous messages). Are you loosing weight already?

17 lbs 2 weeks to surgery, 21 lbs since surgery. Best decision I ever made. No regrets so far. Holding off for review of MD until further out.