Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled after 1.5 weeks?

So after I lost all the Water weight from surgery, I lost 10lbs- all by week 1.5. Now? Nothing. I'm just past my 2 week mark now. Did I get the infamous 3 week stall early? Also sick of feeling kinda crappy multiple times per day. And who has time to eat 8x per day?? And do they really expect it to take 1/2 hour + to eat 2oz of food? ? Very frustrated.

Same! I feel for you. I had my bypass on 12/17/2020. I weighed 250 after surgery due to IV fluids, was 230 on December 31st... haven’t dropped a pound since. I’m sticking with my plan, but I feel so disappointed and discouraged. I know the 20 pounds of Fluid loss is good, but the scale hasn’t budged in 2 weeks.

That is weird I thought people get losing weight week after week. I get my surgery(bypass) on 01/19. What is this 3 week stall you’re talking about?

Typically, at about 3 weeks post-op you'll have a stall in weight loss, could last a week or a few weeks. It breaks eventually, but it's very disheartening. If you do a search on the forum for "3 week stall" you will find a lot of posts and information.

you're having the infamous stall early. Most people have it at three weeks, but some have it early and some late. I mentioned in your other post that mine was weeks 2 & 3.

17 hours ago, Suzi_the_Q said:

So after I lost all the Water weight from surgery, I lost 10lbs- all by week 1.5. Now? Nothing. I'm just past my 2 week mark now. Did I get the infamous 3 week stall early? Also sick of feeling kinda crappy multiple times per day. And who has time to eat 8x per day?? And do they really expect it to take 1/2 hour + to eat 2oz of food? ? Very frustrated.

Stalls happens to nearly everyone. Personally I suspect that the people who do not hit stalls also find valuable antiques at garage sales, win free cruises and never get traffic tickets. I stalled from week 3-7 (but did not know because I did not weigh myself except at the doctor), then I suspect I stalled multiple times after that too. I still made it to where I needed to be.

Bariatric teams usually stress the importance of hydration over food at this point post surgery. There is usually more concern from the complications of dehydration vs low calorie intake - we are trying to use the excess stored fat after all. Ask your team if it is okay to only eat the amount you are comfortable with and at the frequency that works for you. The extended eating time frame is usually for when we start solids.

Most of the time If we hold up our end of the bargain (mentally), our bodies will do the same. It will all come together eventually and life after WLS will not always feel like a chore.

Good Luck!