Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Post Op Thread

Hi everyone, how are my Nov ppl doing? I'm now 5 days post op VSG. I'm still a little sore, gas is outrageous and the incision by my belly button is killing me!! Other than that, I'm very happy with my decision. I survived the liquid diet and now the surgery, and I'm currently down 18 pounds! My only concern is my immune system during the rise in covid cases. I hate not being able to take Vitamins yet. How is everyone else???

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Shalaura1 said:

Hi everyone, how are my Nov ppl doing? I'm now 5 days post op VSG. I'm still a little sore, gas is outrageous and the incision by my belly button is killing me!! Other than that, I'm very happy with my decision. I survived the liquid diet and now the surgery, and I'm currently down 18 pounds! My only concern is my immune system during the rise in covid cases. I hate not being able to take Vitamins yet. How is everyone else???

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your decision toward a new healthy life!

Started pureed/soft food after 2 week pre-op and 2 week post op Protein Shakes diet. Lost 36 lbs. in the past 4 weeks. pureed has been okay so far. Take your time and chew the food even though it is pureed. That helps with brain hunger too I think as much as getting the food mushy for the small pouch. No drinking 15 mins before and 30 mons after meal time. No nausea to speak of so far.

I am 19 days out, and doing better each day! Had a rough start. Down nearly 18 lbs post surgery, but about 37 since October. I am starting to eat more and more things, and it is tolerated well, but still can't eat very much. I am okay with that!

My surgeon wanted me to start my multi at 7 days out instead of 14, since I had some complications. I started the B12 and Calcium at 14.