Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow! (Dec 4th)

Ok, so I'm starting to sweat this surgery a little bit. I have done really good not thinking about it but it is now less than 12 hours away! I am feeling excited, distressed, scared and happy all at the same time. I am most nervous about nausea because I know you can't throw up. I also have this little voice in the back of my head telling me that I could try Atkins again. I am like an addict about to go to rehab and my brain is going nuts! I just want to get it over with at this point so I can start my new life. I am also really looking forward to eating again. Right now I am starving (can't drink my Protein after 4pm) and I have to drink a ton of Water. I am looking forward to mushies but can't even have them until at least 22 days after surgery. At least I will lose a lot more weight! *sigh* Well, I have to get in the shower now so I can wash with my Dial antibacterial soap and I can put a patch behind my ear (for nausea). I will write as soon as I feel up to it. All I can say is "here goes"!

My surgery is tomorrow also... Good Luck to you! Why can't you eat after 430, I can eat anything I want till midninght tonight and my mushy foods start after 6 or 7 days.. I wonder why Dr's do things so diferently

Best wishes to you - everything will be fine - I know how you feel - I am up tomorrow - and my knees are knocking!!!

I made it through surgery. My Mom and best friend were both there for me. Honestly, it was somewhat worse than I thought it would be. My stomach hurt really bad yesterday after the surgery and I still have some significant pain today. Thank God, I have not been nauseous at all! They did give me one of those Patches to put behind my ear so I think that saved me. I have been sleeping a lot and I slept pretty good last night considering what I went through. I am actually off to bed for another nap. I feel much better today than I did yesterday so I am hoping I will continue to feel better as the days go by. Now it is mostly when I stand up and my stomach hangs, it kind of pulls on everything. Also, when I try to take deep breaths, I feel pain. Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I did ok. I will write more when I am up to it. Trisha

I made it through surgery. My Mom and best friend were both there for me. Honestly, it was somewhat worse than I thought it would be. My stomach hurt really bad yesterday after the surgery and I still have some significant pain today. Thank God, I have not been nauseous at all! They did give me one of those Patches to put behind my ear so I think that saved me. I have been sleeping a lot and I slept pretty good last night considering what I went through. I am actually off to bed for another nap. I feel much better today than I did yesterday so I am hoping I will continue to feel better as the days go by. Now it is mostly when I stand up and my stomach hangs, it kind of pulls on everything. Also, when I try to take deep breaths, I feel pain. Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I did ok. I will write more when I am up to it. Trisha

Well done Trisha,

I am now 3 days post op and it is starting to feel better - excepting when I cough or try to sit up. Hang in there, it gets better everyday.

Danna

Congratulations to both of you!!!!

Of course.. I'm jelous... I WANT MY BAND RIGHT NOW!!

I'm also glad that you were honest about how it went.. :)

So I think today is the best I have felt. I am still surprised that it took me so long to feel better. I have been dealing with painful stomach cramps and a little nausea. I had to go to the ER two nights after my surgery with severe stomach pains. It was terrible. Apparently, it was Constipation and gas buildup from the pain meds. It has been a pretty rough road for me. Yesterday and today I feel much better. I was having a hard time getting all of the liquids down. I am able to get 3 Protein shakes and one bottle of Water down. It is all I can do to get that much in. It has been quite a struggle. I keep thinking to myself about how hard this is and how it is worth it. I will admit there were a couple of times when I thought "What have I done"? During those most painful times, I would have done anything to reverse it. Of course I was half out of it on pain meds so my thoughts weren't entirely straight anyway.

I guess I am the only one that has had problems with stomach cramps. I hear of people having cramps which lead to diarreah but not upper stomach cramps. I can feel my stomach clenching and unclenching and making a lot of noise. I found an ok solution which is to drink some Protein shake and it seems to calm down. I am not hungry really at all but I guess my stomach is trying to tell me something. I was able to sleep on my sides last night which was great! I do have some pain burping or feeling like I have to burp. I think it is probably the band site stitches that are hurting with the pressure of the burp.

Well, I am finally seeing improvement so I am hoping it will continue. Its back to work Thursday so lets hope I feel normal!

Well I sure hope you are feeling better . . . I'm back at work today . . . but I don't get to have Protein shakes for another week - I just graduated to cream Soups (strained) today. Hope all goes better for you from here on out.

Chris