Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled surgery today.

Last January I started this journey. I started to get the tests done and then part way through as we all know Covid stopped almost everything. Then in August I started getting the remainder of my tests complete. And today I scheduled my surgery! Still have a few appointments for pre op and to meet with the surgeon to discuss which procedure I will have. But as long as a resurgence of Covid doesn’t happen till next year I will be having my surgery on December 14th. Hopefully enough time to recover and feel better before Christmas and my one son’s birthday on the 30th.
Still not sure how to feel. It all happened so fast after nothing happening for so long. I know the surgery will be best now as I am Pre-diabetic. Blood pressure is easily controlled by meds and I’m still relatively young at 43. For being 320 that’s really the limit of my health problems so I know it’s a good time. Plus I have 5 kids and a wife to provide for and be around for.
Sorry for rambling. Just trying to process it all right now.

Congratulations

Congratulations on getting your date! I just had my Bypass last Thursday and was able to start purées today. I am 52 and had a lap and for 12 years. We all have our reasons for wanting to get healthier and there is no better reason than wanting to be here for your family! I was nervous and had a lot of doubts leading up to my surgery but kept my eye on the prize, a healthier happier life! I wish you much success in the coming weeks and months!

Congrats! I just had my bypass last week, so I’m still healing. Good luck! Let us know how it’s going.

8 hours ago, Kenny said:

Still not sure how to feel. It all happened so fast after nothing happening for so long. I know the surgery will be best now as I am Pre-diabetic. Blood pressure is easily controlled by meds and I’m still relatively young at 43. For being 320 that’s really the limit of my health problems so I know it’s a good time. Plus I have 5 kids and a wife to provide for and be around for.

I was in the same boat and it only took a good buddy dying in his sleep at 48 just a few hours after i left his house. Then a Trip thru NCH Naples Community Hospital Cardio ward to realize F@#ck I have played way to hard and at 377 going to be dead and leave to kids and a wife and a company in shambles.

I did not even hesitate made the initial and one week later was done. Best money I have ever spent. So my advice to you is read you quote above! You have 5 kids that need you and the course you are on will end you up in a Urn much quicker. FYI Once i lost all the weight I no longer need any blood pressure meds at all.

This is a tool and once given the tool you have to run the workshop. I found it to be challenging at times but once you get the hang of it No problem. Its just food! No way is it worth more then you family.

Reach out anytime - Trust me there is some great people here who are paying it forward

10 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Its just food! No way is it worth more then you family.

This just might be the best line ever!

Sad thing i had to make this choice I was killing myself