Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeved 10 days ago and I still feel horrible

Hi! I was sleeved 10 days ago and I still feel horrible. I have already been back to the hospital for dehydration. I just seem to ache everywhere. I hate the taste of Protein Shakes. I drink one sip of Water and immediately have gas. I'm wondering if I have a leak. I also have a high heart rate (115-125) everytime I move. Any suggestions?

I'm sure I don't have to ask this, but have you contacted your surgeon? That is not normal recovery and you need to stay hydrated. Please call them if you haven't!

3 hours ago, Momofbell said:

I drink one sip of Water and immediately have gas.

Are you drinking plain Water? I couldn't tolerate water without something added to it, in fact I still add sugar free cordial to my water 6 months later. Try adding some flavour to it, or sipping warm tea. I had a lot of hydrolyte icy poles too, they were good for getting some electrolytes in, made me feel better. I'd say the high heart rate is due to dehydration, it really is a fulltime job staying on top of the fluids for the first few weeks. I felt like I was never going to get there and would be thirsty forever, but you do get there!

I drink Decaf ice tea with lemon for my Water. I'm from the south and sweet tea is our lives blood, but now it is plain with lemon. The Protein drink I drink is Ensure protein. I put ice on it and when I was fresh out of surgery it took all day to drink it. Warm chicken broth was a friend too. You need to take very small sips and not a drink of it and nurse it all day. Put the tea, broth, and protein on a table and your goal is to try to make sure that the protein and broth are gone at the end of the day. But stay hydrated.

Agree try changing plain Water for something else. I was never able to go back to plain without nausea after sleeve 6 years ago. Try pedialyte mixed with water to help with dehydration. Also mix up the temperatures by trying it room temp or trying warm tea.

Oh yes! Get Swanson's Sipping broth. You heat it in the microwave for about a minute and it has 45 calories and 9 grams of Protein. It comes in some flavors, I liked plain or Rosemary and Lemon the best. Double whammy, liquid and protein. Good luck!