Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/26 Surgery! Anyone interested in a surgery buddy/support group?

2 weeks post op...soft foods start today! Hooray! Down 20 but not dropping as much as I thought I would. I track everything so I’m a bit frustrated.

Just had my bypass 11/12.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:13 PM, BypaSSSed said:

Hi there! I'm having my bypass surgery on 10/26 and would like to connect with people that are having bypass surgery on or around the same date so that we can follow each other's journey's. Good luck to everyone!

I had my surgery on 10/27! How is everything going?! I had the duodenal switch. Came on here because I am at a stall wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am so early on... today marks 4 weeks post op

I had my bypass surgery on 10/20/20. 5 weeks today. Looking for a buddy or more for some support too.

2 hours ago, Worried1 said:

I had my surgery on 10/27! How is everything going?! I had the duodenal switch. Came on here because I am at a stall wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am so early on... today marks 4 weeks post op

I hit a stall last week (which would have been 4 weeks post op for me) but I have managed to walk a mile every morning at different paces since and have once again starting losing weight. I also added some stretching too.

Edited by Jemala33

8 minutes ago, Jemala33 said:

I hit a stall last week (which would have been 4 weeks post op for me) but I have managed to walk a mile every morning at different paces since and have once again starting losing weight. I also added some stretching too.

Just when I started having less pain and felt like I was ready and started exercising I rolled my ankle! So it’s the 3rd day and I’m able to walk without a walker but great idea I will definitely start doing some stretches probably include some light weight lifting just do whatever I’m able to thanks for sharing with me it’s nice to know I’m not the only one:)

2 minutes ago, Worried1 said:

Just when I started having less pain and felt like I was ready and started exercising I rolled my ankle! So it’s the 3rd day and I’m able to walk without a walker but great idea I will definitely start doing some stretches probably include some light weight lifting just do whatever I’m able to thanks for sharing with me it’s nice to know I’m not the only one:)

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Definitely let it heal before walking, but yes even adding some stretching with help get your body moving and aid in burning calories.

Had my surgery 10/26 and I too am at week 4. I only lost 2lbs. in this week. My biggest shock was the amount of pain I was in. I generally have a high tolerance for pain but this was terrible. It's much better now, only minor aches and pains when I bend or sit too long. The constant soreness is gone too. I also am having trouble staying asleep at night and wondered if anyone else was having this same problem. My surgeon chalked it up to my metabolism changing as well as hormones, but I am ready to get a full nights sleep!

57 minutes ago, AnaBr said:

Had my surgery 10/26 and I too am at week 4. I only lost 2lbs. in this week. My biggest shock was the amount of pain I was in. I generally have a high tolerance for pain but this was terrible. It's much better now, only minor aches and pains when I bend or sit too long. The constant soreness is gone too. I also am having trouble staying asleep at night and wondered if anyone else was having this same problem. My surgeon chalked it up to my metabolism changing as well as hormones, but I am ready to get a full nights sleep!

Same I was so shocked by the amount of pain I experienced I definitely no longer see myself as someone who has a high tolerance to pain

Wishing all the Americans a happy thanksgiving ! Thinking of setting up a zoom call for those that are interested maybe weekly say Sunday evening at 8pm EST if interested send me a private message with your email address

On 11/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, Hhking said:

Just had my bypass 11/12.

How are you doing?

6 hours ago, AnaBr said:

Oh the irony! After the first few days I was feeling very little pain. I kept telling people it was really an easy surgery given my lack of pain and I could probably go back to work. And then all the swelling went down. Holy moly I absolutely feel like my insides have been rearranged! I have to be so careful when I move certain ways or I’m way over the threshold. sleep is the worst. I have a fancy sleep number bed that tracks my sleep and it’s been under 70 for the past two weeks! I keep a pillow on my belly when I’m sitting because my cats don’t get it. I take it all back...it was not an easy surgery...ugh.

So I just had my one month a few days ago. I doing ok. Getting use to the new normal. Things really change lol. My wife says she can feel where my stomach was and is now missing. Crazy! I’m down 42 pounds since pre op which is 50% of what I was expecting to lose. Not sure what to think on that. Thankfully I’m not in a lot of pain except I got Gout from the diet! That is a lot of pain. Holy smokes! Hope everyone is doing well and happy thanksgiving for those that Celebrate.

OMG! My dad is going through a Gout thingy. I understand u hv to change ur diet? From what I understand everyone in here had changed their diets. & yes it is painful. Try to soak ur feet in EPSOM SALT. that seems to help my him (he's 83yrs old).

Gotta question...... I want to complete my profile. Wanted to know .. how do u figure out ur BMI?

Hello! Preparing for my next phase... surgery date scheduled December 7, 2020. This is my pre-op week. Before today I was over excited. Now, that it’s getting within days of, all types of things are going on in my head. To be in a positive, supportive been-there-done-that environment will be very helpful.
Thanking you in advance!