Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/26 Surgery! Anyone interested in a surgery buddy/support group?



Recommended Posts

Hope everyone is fine! Still nervous I’m Losing to much. Down 10 pounds in 6 days. 26 in the past 3 weeks including liquid pre diet. Anyway I feel ok. Start work pt tomorrow. Should be a interesting week. How are you doing Poly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i am 11/10/20 for GBRNY and would be happy to join such a group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cpudoctor2020 said:

Hi i am 11/10/20 for GBRNY and would be happy to join such a group

You are two days after me. How are you surviving the pre op torture diet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drink alot of Water and try to keep myself busy as to not think about food. Here in Canada we are on an Optifast diet so it is 4 shakes a day plus some vegetables. The first few days were hard as anything. But I keep telling myself it is a means to an end. The is a change I wanted and no one is forcing me into. I ate my way into this position, so now I have to deal with things that come with getting out of this position.

Keep your chin up !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cpudoctor2020 said:

I drink alot of Water and try to keep myself busy as to not think about food. Here in Canada we are on an Optifast diet so it is 4 shakes a day plus some vegetables. The first few days were hard as anything. But I keep telling myself it is a means to an end. The is a change I wanted and no one is forcing me into. I ate my way into this position, so now I have to deal with things that come with getting out of this position.

Keep your chin up !

Oh to chew food that isn’t Jello. I’m jealous! I’m actually from Edmonton 😁 but transplanted to oregon. Gonna go eat some jello...🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PacoBenn said:

I hate jello! And Decaf coffee too now. Not sure how that happened.

I am so tired of Jello and Protein shakes...but I only have a few days left. How are you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m ok thanks. See the nutritionist today. I’m 9 days post now and losing. Constipated which is new. Frocking ostrich eggs lol. Otherwise looking forward to some real food at some point. Or at least mashed food. But for now it’s Protein Shake and Jello. Or cream of wheat. Yeh!!!! You?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PacoBenn said:

I’m ok thanks. See the nutritionist today. I’m 9 days post now and losing. Constipated which is new. Frocking ostrich eggs lol. Otherwise looking forward to some real food at some point. Or at least mashed food. But for now it’s Protein Shake and Jello. Or cream of wheat. Yeh!!!! You?

I have 4 more days before surgery. I’m a lifer on anticoagulants so tomorrow I start 4 lovenox shots a day. How is your pain and mobility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pains fine. And mobility is ok. Little pain bending etc but less than anticipated. No painkillers at all. Except a Advil before bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I am three days post surgery. Going well. Little sore today because the numbing agents are dwindling on the incision sites. Not hungry AT ALL! I see now how so many people said they have trouble getting their 60 gr of protein!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2020 at 7:36 AM, PollyAnna3483 said:

I’m in! My bypass surgery date is 11/5. Getting nervous, but excited too. My journey started 12 years ago with the lap band. After having some issues I had to have that removed in January. I loved my band, but I am hoping this is going to be even better. I am 5’2” and 225.

We have similar stories for sure. Lap band removed a year ago. Bypass last Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How’s everyone doing?! 3 weeks for me know. I’m on soft foods which is nice! Down 38 lbs since the pre op diet started. Really seeing a change now😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×