Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I am so new, I have not even began the process, well, actually I kinda have. I know which Dr. I want to go to. I will have my new insurance in January and have my Dr. appt on 1/3/08!

My friend just had her surgery on Friday, 11/30, so I will know kinda what to expect....although everyone is different!

I look forward to meeting new people and being apart of the lapband society!:bounce:

Welcome...you will love it here...

I have started my pre-op process. Today I have my psych eval. On Wed my support group meeting and next week the pre-op testing.

I hope to be approved and banded by February...although some friends think it might just happen middle of January for me....I just hope for the best!

good luck!:clap2:

Congratulations to both of you on your decision to get the band. It really is life-changing. If you have any questions, just ask, we are happy to help.

Congratulations to both of you on your decision to get the band. It really is life-changing. If you have any questions, just ask, we are happy to help.

Thanks so much Susan,

What was your journey like?

Thank you 4jin and Susan! Susan, I am sure you are a wealth of knowledge. Good luck 4jin, hope your psych eval went well...I am sure it did! Please keep me posted on how things are going with your "calls of duty" and hopefully end of February will be your new birthdate!

Charlah

yes it did...thanks for the good vibes~~~~~~!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I passed...he was great!

Then on this past wednesday I went to the mandatory support group meeting.....yikes....

it was so bad I even started a thread on it...your welcome to check it out.

I have preop testing next wednesday.....

I'm sort of nervous about the echo and the ekg as I have a heart murmur. Pray for me please!

I have an update...

My Dietician appt has been changed from 1/2/08 to next tuesday..!!!!!yipeeee!!!!

Wow! How did your appt go? You are well on your way! I am so excited for you!

thanks! My appts were great.

The dietician did not have me go on a liquid diet or any diet as a matter of fact. She just recommended I concentrate on eating my 3 meals per day and 2 Snacks. She wants me to play around with recipes and try working on getting in amounts of Protein per day such as trying Protein shakes... which has been good because I was sorta able to kick that little devil talk on the last meal syndrome I was developing.

The preop appts went well. I was admitted as a 1 day inpatient and was able to do all my procedures yesterday. So grateful it was done that way...I was in at 7am and out by noon.

I was not even starving altought I had not eaten all day. That chalky stuff for the upper GI was nasty. but bearable.

I just got a call from the surgeon office and they are compiling everything, she needs two things and will be calling me when she submitts to the insurance. Now I am so nervous, anxious and excited I can scream!!!!AAHAHAHAHAH

She even congratulated me twice for doing the whole process in less than 1 month. She is hoping the insurance is just as quick as I was about it. And said might even get me in for surgery before the NEW YEAR....ok...what...did I hear right....ammm....maybe I want to leave it for January....I don't know...but I'll cross that bridge when I get there for now I am leaving it as I had mentally planned middle of January of 2008.

yeah...me!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very good! Well, maybe if the insurance is quick to respond, maybe do it EARLY part of January if you don't want to do it at the end of the year!

I got my new insurance card in today! I am excited. Although I am not covered until 1/1/08! I have my first appt. 1/3/08 at 8:15 am!!! I am not wasting any time!

I wish you all the best!

Charlah

I am waiting for my insurance card!! I already had the initial consult, I have a sleep apnea test scheduled on Jan 9th. As soon as I get the card, I am supposed to fax front and back to the barix clinic and they will get the ball rolling!!!! I cannot wait.... I am sooo hopeful they will ok it. :)

That's great! I am so looking forward to January that I can't stand it! I would LIKE to have my surgery beginning of February as that is when I have a week off, but we'll see!

When my friend had her surgery, (she has the same insurance), they gave her the approval in about 15 minutes! I told her that it was like applying for a credit card for her! haha

With what I have read, when you have lost some weight, the sleep apnea will not be a problem! YEAH!!!

Good luck!