Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

somtimes i eat a little more than recommended

i have to say that overall i am following the post op diet fairly well, my doctor put me on a soft Protein diet one day after surgery and everything seems to go down fine, except eating a boiled egg that has gotten stuck 2 times now so i probably wont eat that. anyway sometimes i eat a little more than im suppose to for example instead of one egg i sometimes eat 2 fried eggs. it definetely fills me up for a while.

on the days that im really hungry i snack on Jello or sf popsicles, i have cheated once on something that wasnt on the diet but other than that ive done well ive even lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks. i have read on some of these sites that people are hungry soon after surgery i can definetely see that i am hungrier at times more than others. ive noticed that im starting to eat faster again like im used to eating. its easy to go back to old ways especially when there isnt much restriction. i hope that i can stick to the diet and not overeat i just need some encouragement thanks

andrea

The same thing is happening to me,but I'm getting a fill on December 11th. I also realized that I'm getting my period soon,that is making me feel hungrier and I'm eating a bigger quantity. I've never cheated yet. I was banded on Nov. 5th.

I must say I've noticed that I have been eating faster and a little more than usual in the last few days, seems there's less restriction right now. I'm still only eating around 800-900 cals though. I was banded on 1 Nov and getting my first fill on 12 Dec.

If I don't use a one-minute timer between bites, it's very easy for me to start eating too quickly again. I carry one in my purse and keep a couple near the places where I eat at home. (I had a fourth but one of my dogs chewed it up!) They were only $1.50 each from a site online that sells game stuff. When I use it regularly, I find that I get more used to the slower pace and it doesn't seem like it takes as long for the sand to go through! :P