Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post surgery missing fall food

I'm having huge cravings and the only reason I'm not giving into them is because I don't want to hurt my pouch.

Just had GBS and I'm looking for alternative liquid/puree options for me to get through my favorite comfort food season!

Sent from my SM-G973W using BariatricPal mobile app

Premier Protein has limited edition pumpkin Spice Protein Shakes. I got some at Walmart. I thought they taste ok but I think I'll add some coffee next time and imagine it's a pumpkin spice latte!

When you get to pureed stage, look for pumpkin forward recipes! Also, Soup is my favorite fall food...which is good when you get to that stage. What are your favorite fall foods?

When you get to pureed stage, look for pumpkin forward recipes! Also, Soup is my favorite fall food...which is good when you get to that stage. What are your favorite fall foods?

Absolutely love Soups and stews. Also all sorts of pumpkin dishes

Dannon light n' fit greek yogurt has a pumpkin pie flavor. Also, you can cook pumpkin or butternut squash and add pumpkin spice to it. Basically any flavor your are craving can be re-created with the right spices!

I'm in the same boat at about 9 weeks out. Fall Soups would be great for puree stage, like a blended roasted butternut squash Soup with some yogurt mixed in or on the side. You could probably mix in a spoonful of unflavored Protein Powder too once the soup cools.

Maybe you could also try some yogurt with a no sugar added cranberry sauce? Cook down cranberries with a little orange zest and nutmeg, blend, sieve, and stir into yogurt or ricotta. Good luck!

Also, I've tried the pumpkin Spice Premier Protein...I think it needs something...maybe a dash of cinnamon? But still very "fall-ish". The fact that I am in Florida and Fall doesn't really exist could be part of it!! I'm currently on Pinterest looking up pumpkin recipes!

Regardless, this stage will pass and you will be able to enjoy the foods you love...albeit Protein forward and in smaller portions. I'm hosting Thanksgiving and planning to use a cookie/melon baller to serve the foods I shouldn't have but LOVE!! Focusing on the turkey to get my protein in, but also making a low carb pumpkin cheesecake to not feel deprived!

Also, I've tried the pumpkin Spice Premier Protein...I think it needs something...maybe a dash of cinnamon? But still very "fall-ish". The fact that I am in Florida and Fall doesn't really exist could be part of it!! I'm currently on Pinterest looking up pumpkin recipes!
Regardless, this stage will pass and you will be able to enjoy the foods you love...albeit Protein forward and in smaller portions. I'm hosting Thanksgiving and planning to use a cookie/melon baller to serve the foods I shouldn't have but LOVE!! Focusing on the turkey to get my Protein in, but also making a low carb pumpkin cheesecake to not feel deprived!

I'm in Canada where fall means 40- 50 degree weather and lots of layers!! This is normally our "fattening " season as we put on weight to keep us warm for winter lol! Love the melon ball serving idea ! We used to do ice cream scoops of pureed mash potato and carrots!

I'm in the same boat at about 9 weeks out. Fall Soups would be great for puree stage, like a blended roasted butternut squash Soup with some yogurt mixed in or on the side. You could probably mix in a spoonful of unflavored Protein powder too once the soup cools.
Maybe you could also try some yogurt with a no sugar added cranberry sauce? Cook down cranberries with a little orange zest and nutmeg, blend, sieve, and stir into yogurt or ricotta. Good luck!
Are you in puree stage yet? I get there in one week and a half!! In the meantime I can have soups though. So Ill be trying to make a red lentil and butternut squash soup today!

I'm thinking I'll need to head to Wal-Mart sometime today to see if they have pumpkin spice Premier Protein here in Canada.