Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant banded belly...port showing?

Hi Everyone, I am 16 weeks pregnant and starting to definitely show. I was wondering if the port is going to show when I really start to protrude. I can and always have been able to feel my port easily under the skin but now I really wonder what the port will look like with a big pregnant belly. What did your pregnant belly and port look like? Did you have any issues or do you have any recommendations for a fellow pregnant bander? I would love to hear all!!! Thanks!

Congratulations on the 'lil one! My wife is due with our second just any day now!

As for an answer to your question, I have no Idea. I assume it would show eventually. (your belly button will push out, why not the port)

Dunno. I didnt gain heaps of weight in preganancy or get huge and I'm already stall so there was lots of room in there for babies. My belly button stayed normal, so perhaps the port could possibly too.

I wouldnt be suprised if it became visible though.

Mine is already very visible and I am hoping to be pregnant in the next couple of months, so I am kind of nervous to see what it will look like while pregnant. I'm sure people will wonder what in the world that protrusion is on my belly. Gonna be hard to cover the fact that I was banded for the ones who don't know. My belly button popped with my other pregnancies so what's another bump on the belly, right?!?

Congrats on the baby!

I am 32 weeks pregnant. My port doesn't stick out and I have gained quite a bit. I notice and feel it more, but no one else sees it! (I guess it all depends on where the placement of your port is too!) I wouldnt worry though.. :P

Candice

Can you please keep us updated on your pregnancy. Congratulations. My hubby and I are considering trying to have a family once I lose most of my weight. I would love to hear your experience of being pregnant with the band. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies and well wishes! :biggrin1: It is good to hear that one does show and one doesn't....i guess I will just have to wait and see. I will keep you all updated. So far I have not had ANY band related issues but I got a COMPLETE unfill as soon as I found out. I was too nervous about morning sickness and throwing up and didn't want to risk any possiblity of messing up my band or putting the little one in any danger. It has been very uneventful so far. My only real concerns now are what complications or issues will the band have during labor, with the pushing and so forth? If anybody has any insight or further info on the port showing question please let me know. This is my first pregnancy and everything is new. Thanks!!!!

From many other pregnant bandsters that I have talked to, the band has no issues and doesnt come into play at all with giving birth either natural, or by c-section. However I guess it would all depend on where the port has been placed as I do know some people now that have thier port placed in the lower abdomen. A friend of mine just had a baby and she is banded, she said to me " your not pushing with your stomach, your pushing your baby!" If you are really concered, I would speak to your band doctor or family doctor.

Candice

For me, I was one year 2 months out, 113 lbs lost when I got pregnant. I am actually due tomorrow and being induced tomorrow! (sunday Jan 27th) WOHOO I so want this baby out already!

Candice

Congratulations CandiceNC! I will be excited to hear about how everything goes tomorrow.

I am getting banded on February 13. I would like to start trying to get pregnant in about a year, after I have a chance to lose a lot of my weight.