Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Sleevers?

I had mine on Fri Oct 16th so now 2 weeks post and doing great! Couldn't stand the pureed so have moved onto soft foods now without any problem. Have learnt the hard way not to drink while eating! (Terrible regurg) but no pain at all and can't believe how much better I am - literally had a carbon addiction before and its gone!!! Have lost over a stone in 2 weeks xx

I had my surgery on 10/27/20. Spent the night in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. Other that being stiff and sore there hasn't been much pain. Tylenol is plenty. They sent me home with oxycodone but I am super sensitive to narcotics and prefer not to take them unless it is "have to" situation. Many have caused vomiting and who has time for that kind of nonsense?

Dr. Hu said my surgery went well with no complications. But let me tell you what, folks, post op nausea in NO JOKE. I never did throw up but lawd I wanted to so bad! They were rotating through 3 different anti-emetics plus I had a scopolamine patch behind my ear and the nausea wouldn't let up. Once they got that under control it's been so much better. They sent me home with Zofran and Reglan but I haven't needed them so far.

It is surprising how long it takes to drink 4oz of liquid! And you have to be careful because you're going along, sip, sip, sip, and then BAM! You feel like you're going to vomit. Then about 15-20 minutes later you can resume...sip, sip, sip.

I hope everyone is well. Sending all kinds of good vibes your way!

I had my surgery on 10/27/20. Spent the night in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. Other that being stiff and sore there hasn't been much pain. Tylenol is plenty. They sent me home with oxycodone but I am super sensitive to narcotics and prefer not to take them unless it is "have to" situation. Many have caused vomiting and who has time for that kind of nonsense?
Dr. Hu said my surgery went well with no complications. But let me tell you what, folks, post op nausea in NO JOKE. I never did throw up but lawd I wanted to so bad! They were rotating through 3 different anti-emetics plus I had a scopolamine patch behind my ear and the nausea wouldn't let up. Once they got that under control it's been so much better. They sent me home with Zofran and Reglan but I haven't needed them so far.
It is surprising how long it takes to drink 4oz of liquid! And you have to be careful because you're going along, sip, sip, sip, and then BAM! You feel like you're going to vomit. Then about 15-20 minutes later you can resume...sip, sip, sip.
I hope everyone is well. Sending all kinds of good vibes your way!

Man that nausea was something else!! I had the dry heaves so bad. I had the same anti-nausea rotation, too: Zofran, Compazine, Scopolamine patch.< br>
The Scopolamine patch affects my vision for several days, I guess it made my eyes dilate? I felt farsighted. I had to take my glasses off to read up close. And I'm nearsighted!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Bwa said:

Man that nausea was something else!! I had the dry heaves so bad. I had the same anti-nausea rotation, too: Zofran, Compazine, Scopolamine patch.< br>
The Scopolamine patch affects my vision for several days, I guess it made my eyes dilate? I felt farsighted. I had to take my glasses off to read up close. And I'm nearsighted!

I didn't have any issues with the scopolamine patch but the anesthesiologist warned me about it. He said it contains atropine which is what they use to dilate eyes but in a much more concentrated form. So not surprising that happened to you.

How are you feeling otherwise? How is your pain level? I took some Tylenol on Thursday but none yesterday. So pain hasn't been an issue for me. Just the soreness, but it is a little better every day.

I didn't have any issues with the scopolamine patch but the anesthesiologist warned me about it. He said it contains atropine which is what they use to dilate eyes but in a much more concentrated form. So not surprising that happened to you.
How are you feeling otherwise? How is your pain level? I took some Tylenol on Thursday but none yesterday. So pain hasn't been an issue for me. Just the soreness, but it is a little better every day.
I'm doing great! Excited to move to soft foods. I had a scrambled egg for Breakfast. It felt like a triumph.

I'm having very little pain, only in one area and it's just twinges upon straining, such as getting in our van. So it's coming along.

My scars are smaller than I expected, too! Total bonus!

My friend pointed me here sooo happy she did. Being able to read about other people experience is nice I feel less alone

I had my op on the 15th but thing never go as expected lol seems i had a hiatus hernia, they fixed it but as I started to awake I found I could not draw breath (15 days down I can just now pull 3000ml on the flow thingy)kind of scary ,has any one else had this ?

Thanks in advance and hi all :)

Doug

I had mine on oct 29th. Starting to feel a little better. And the gas and air thing has let up tremendously. Thank God. Excited to keep moving forward. Congrats to everyone who has had theirs, and I hope you're all doing great !

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Doug:) said:

My friend pointed me here sooo happy she did. Being able to read about other people experience is nice I feel less alone

I had my op on the 15th but thing never go as expected lol seems i had a hiatus hernia, they fixed it but as I started to awake I found I could not draw breath (15 days down I can just now pull 3000ml on the flow thingy)kind of scary ,has any one else had this ?

Thanks in advance and hi all :)

Doug

Hi Doug - I had my surgery on the 28th and also had a hiatal hernia fixed. I am experiencing the same thing. They keep telling me that it's normal because of the gas and hernia repair and to keep using the spirometer (breathing thingy) - so I do. I'm still going to call in tomorrow and keep asking though!

I think I’m doing pretty good the only thing is I used to be able to walk as far as I want but now I have to slow down and move a little slower just to catch my breath I’m was walking 3 miles yesterday and by the last 1/2 mile my legs felt like I had lead in them.

I'm a week and three days out of surgery, and four days away from broth and rice Water. POTATOES. I feel bad as it's my partner's birthday but I'll be just waiting for my dietitian to say "yes potatoes" as my first check-in is that day too XD

Other than that, I feel okay? Some pain in the suture where my stomach was removed (TMI) but the gas has finally gone thankfully. Still some pain when I sleep but I think it's just because I am a very on-stomach or the side-sleeper.

Happy to hear of everyone's success so far!

October 20th here

Thanks Losing it in MN

I see the team on the 6th for the 3 week checkup and to try to sort out what Vitamins etc I'm ment to be taking

How many port holes did you end up with ?

I has 6 normal and one 2"